• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Maybe we like to keep it to ourselves...
    [video]https://giphy.com/gifs/steve-buscemi-10iSUS5U3BKKSQ[/video]

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Because I'd like to know.

Me too. I think the Germans call it schadenfreude. Akin to the feeling I get looking through the mugshots in one of those little 'Cuffed' or 'Busted' newspapers and thinking 'better them than me".

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Now we are talking about difference in leadership and management styles.

On one hand, we do it quietly and one on one. This reduces public embarrassment, saves face, keeps things from becoming an arguement/spectacle.

On the other hand, doing it publically or “in front of god and everyone” (as dan and daplcd point out) allows others too see what infractions wont be tolerated, helps fight accusations of bias or favoritism, and allows us all to help use that judgement filter before we hit submit. Of course, it’s likely to hurt some feelings.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind there being a list or explanations or whatever, but then I’ve never asked a mod why someone was banned.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    It’s pretty easy to see why the banned were banned if you go back through their posts.
    I for one hated to see Latch go, as the man is a Marine Aviator, and really great to chat with, but once I researched his posts, it made sense in light of the new policy, which I also advocated.
    Point being, while a list would be fun and easy, if we really want to see who and why, it’s just a few clicks away.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Personally, I wouldn’t mind there being a list or explanations or whatever, but then I’ve never asked a mod why someone was banned. Partial quote used.

Apparently there are some unwritten rules we have here and some folks that are crying to the mods that they don't like what they are reading and are butt hurt. So in turn they have no choice, but to put things into perspective at the will of the crybaby, by banning said individual(s). In a time of transparency we deserve to know the culprits, the offenses and the recommended action for intolerance. Can some skate by while others get away with it? Or is it the crybaby that wins?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Maybe that's a piss poor answer.
    I was kidding...hence the link. But if ya'll really want a list of offenders nailed to the court doors in the town square you know who the admin is.
    Or you could utilize the search function in the Buyer/Seller review section which, if used and updated(by all members) properly would serve just as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm just wondering how many times I have to reply to one of sawmans ridiculous for sale ads before I make said ban list...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It’s pretty easy to see why the banned were banned if you go back through their posts.
    I for one hated to see Latch go, as the man is a Marine Aviator, and really great to chat with, but once I researched his posts, it made sense in light of the new policy, which I also advocated.
    Point being, while a list would be fun and easy, if we really want to see who and why, it’s just a few clicks away.

I think the bans are temporary, not permanent. I could be wrong.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Personally, I wouldn’t mind there being a list or explanations or whatever, but then I’ve never asked a mod why someone was banned. Partial quote used.

Apparently there are some unwritten rules we have here and some folks that are crying to the mods that they don't like what they are reading and are butt hurt. So in turn they have no choice, but to put things into perspective at the will of the crybaby, by banning said individual(s). In a time of transparency we deserve to know the culprits, the offenses and the recommended action for intolerance. Can some skate by while others get away with it? Or is it the crybaby that wins?

Yes and no man, the rules are posted and the mods have time and again said they prefer we police ourselves and act like adults. Idk if the bans are preceded by warnings or out of nowhere. The unwritten rules seem more to run in subgroups of like minded people on here. As don pointed out in regards to why a ban happens, the same investigation will show what some of these personal rules are and how they think they should be applied.

Im hesitant to say it’s because some people cry hard and loud that the mean man disagreed. Partially, because while I suspect that’s pretty true I don’t know. And partially, because it seemed a lot of the ones who couldn’t handle a differing opinion are now on a vacation.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm just wondering how many times I have to reply to one of sawmans ridiculous for sale ads before I make said ban list...

Not much, I cleaned that one up. It's his ad, with his price and regulations.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought the first time ban was temporary, a slap on the wrist so to speak. Now some guys will get there feelings hurt and not return, but I don’t think that’s what anyone wants.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah yeah, for greater good or something like that.

When yall ban me, you can let everyone know why. "John B... banned for being himself" lol

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the original intent with ads was that they would remain in the Files indefinitely, with a requirement for pricing and final Sale price as a local price point reference at the time of the final sale.

I also research specific prior sales. There are many reasons why people sell guns. Some may be problem guns getting passed around, resale for a profit, buyer didn't like it after owning it or just moving on. The Tool is there if you want to use it.

I Sub using Thread Tools to ads I want to track. As tracked ads get Posts, I watch for change in price, trades or content that gain my interest, then I can jump in. Normally, I scan the first two pages and ignore the rest.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Rider, if you can figure out why I sell guns, please let me know.
    Thanks! Lol

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rider, if you can figure out why I sell guns, please let me know.
    Thanks! Lol

You don't want them and rather than loose them in a canoe accident you want to offer them to Members on the Forum and use the proceeds on a money making boat venture? Lol.

In general I'm refering to thing like Wallys Sale on Ruger All American rifles a while back. Folks bragged about their deals then guess what pops up for sale: might be some wiggle room in the price difference. Advance Search a specific gun and find a member thread having issues with it, then its for sale, that I'll take it member then puts it up for sale too! Maybe he got it cheap and fixed it or maybe he got the same problem. Either way, I'm not touching that one with a 10 foot pole even if its a Kimber! As I said you can draw your own conclusions or not.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was kidding...hence the link. But if ya'll really want a list of offenders nailed to the court doors in the town square you know who the admin is.
    Or you could utilize the search function in the Buyer/Seller review section which, if used and updated(by all members) properly would serve just as well.

No offense, but I PM'd Kev before posting here. He said he didn't really know anything about why the bans occurred and to check with the mods. Hence my comment.

Top Bottom