• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FrankT thanks for the suggestion for becoming a forum supporter to help keep the forum alive and running! I just made my contribution to help out and wish a whole lot of other members would do likewise. 1 year is $10. Heck, I spend more than that on brew in one week! How about a bunch of you other members that have not done so yet contribute to help out this forum? I just checked and at the time there are 401 fourm users online on this forum and out of that total only 2 of them are forum supporters. And a good bit of the users online now have post totals in the thousands but have not ponyed up at least a donation to the site what so ever in appreciation. What is up with that? Again, thanks FrankT!

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who is complaining to the moderators?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1529092677.733427.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1529092677.733427.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1529092677.733427.jpg
      22.5 KB · Views: 242

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll continue to shut them down as they get out of hand until TexKev decides how elese he would like to handle them. A few people have been banned for short periods, I suppose I could begin being more liberal with the ban button...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Instead of banning politics ban those liberal members that currently abuse to privilege, I did not see any of their names in green as supporters of the forum. I have availed myself of the ignore feature and refuse to do business with the 4-5 trouble makers, pretty simple to me to adjudicate these folks.
    The problem with that is it's not just the liberal members who can't control themselves.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    FrankT thanks for the suggestion for becoming a forum supporter to help keep the forum alive and running! I just made my contribution to help out and wish a whole lot of other members would do likewise. 1 year is $10. Heck, I spend more than that on brew in one week! How about a bunch of you other members that have not done so yet contribute to help out this forum? I just checked and at the time there are 401 fourm users online on this forum and out of that total only 2 of them are forum supporters. And a good bit of the users online now have post totals in the thousands but have not ponyed up at least a donation to the site what so ever in appreciation. What is up with that? Again, thanks FrankT!

Thanks, Sawman and I get a cut...lol

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I don't think this has anything to do with limiting freedom o speech. My conclusion is that the forum has gone downhill with all the political gotchas and rhetoric. Its not about the speech issue in my opinion.
    It is about this being a great place to discuss the GUN oriented items and issues. Its about keeping this forum a fun place to be. its about learning, getting to know some of the folks, and keeping things civil with a higher level of decorum. Just being nice isn't that hard. It takes a lot more effort to start another dispute.
    Every political thread on this forum has been monitored heavily by some who could care less about the forum, and more about scoring political points, denigrating someone, or in a covert way discouraging open discussion that we should all agree to disagree about.
    It has become a open target for those not so concerned about firearms, education, selling and trading, reloading, hunting, and help. It used to be a pleasure to sit down and see what new items are up for sale, or trade.
    When civil discourse and respect are missing, Im really not interested in what you have to say.

zombiekiller

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just make a separate “all things political” sub-forum and try to contain the banter to the appropriate place. Everyone will win...folks who want to argue can do so, and those who get their feelings hurt too easily can ignore that sub-forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    People come on here to talk politics? Never noticed...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is very easy. Not interested in the thread, do open it, read it, or respond to it. It is called self control. Simple, done deal!

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually he's not because the problems that arise do so with the people actively participating in the thread.........aka the people who have an interest in the thread. I haven't gotten a single PM complaining about a thread that was from someone not posting in the thread.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If any of the pussies actually get upset enough to complain, or threaten anyone over a political discussion on an internet forum, it's probably best to prohibit any non 2a political discussion. I know after that they'll cry that you're suppressing their 1a rights... well, last I checked this is a privately owned forum and you have no rights here.

I am curious if any of the guilty parties contribute in any other areas of the forum... or are they strictly here to discuss politics?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Headed off to town for supper for a few hours. Be back later.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    It is very easy. Not interested in the thread, do open it, read it, or respond to it. It is called self control. Simple, done deal!
    Yup.
    Still don’t like liberals though. I’da gone on a ban hammer rampage had I bought this place from Ian. Lucky for some...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

It would be great if the shit slingers made their own Threads to play in but unfortunately and more often then not; that crap is dumped in all kinds of Threads: hence the derail. They have no interest in playing with themselves. They want a audience for confrontation and to peddle insults. This screws the OPs topic and those interested in it. Even if you select IGNORE: if a different Member does a Respond with Quote, the Ignored members text still shows up. Its a cancer: cut it out and treat the entire body to get rid of it because its spreading.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    It’s a gun forum. All non-gun related topics should go straight to the can

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom