Since all the good Trump threads get shut down...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is really sad in this day and age that the majority of the population is all about "gimmie, gimmie, gimmie" from the government and not about I need to get off my backside and earn my own way. The liberals tend to forget John F. Kennedy's quote of, "Ask not what my country can do for me but, what I can do for my country". They have taken that and turned it around to suit their own agenda which is very expected.

You are so right. I remember the good ole days when children went to work at the factory at the age of 6 or 7 for pennies a week. No tears from them.

But now folks are worried about safety, human decency, common courtesy, a living wage, and access to basic affordable healthcare. Commies all of them.

I am so glad that we have a leader who is not bothered by facts. Who remembers to take care of the big money donors, who has cleaned out the swamp so that he can refill it with his own swamp beasties. A man willing to make promises, and even more willing to break them. A vigorous man who has never met a p@#$ he was not willing to grab. A man willing to allow his friend to pay millions for his own personal indiscretions. A man who believe that charity donations meant for the poor are actually better served buying him a self portrait. A man who does not know the meaning of the word nepotism. A man willing to fully embrace our legal system, especially the bankruptcy court.

Yea I am a firm believer in MAGA - Make A Greater Ass@#&^.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im sure he was advised on customs and procedures before he even got on the plane. He was probably following what he was told would be a proper greeting

BS, nice try but BS. Plus the General is reaching out for a handshake and Trump is giving the salute.

Edited to add, that I just researched it and the briefing given to Trump was NOT to salute.

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just researched it :

"A US official told CNN that Trump was briefed on protocol, which is to not salute military officers from other countries."

From another source

"Notably, the documentary appears to have captured several scenes that international news organizations missed — including one awkward moment when Trump was saluted by a North Korean military leader. The U.S. president then salutes in return.

Though only a brief interaction, it was telling that the salute was included in the documentary, according to Jean H. Lee, a North Korea scholar at the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington.

This is a moment that will be used over and over in North Korea’s propaganda as 'proof' that the American president defers to the North Korean military,” Lee said. “It will be treated as a military victory by the North Koreans.”

From a third source

"Presidents aren't required to return salutes to military personnel, even U.S. soldiers — Ronald Reagan supposedly started the tradition of the president regularly returning the salute to members of the U.S. military. And it is highly out of the ordinary for a president to return the salute of a member of a foreign military."

From a fourth source - this one quotes a retired US General

United States presidents typically do not salute military officials with adversarial nations. Washington and Pyongyang currently have no formal diplomatic relationship, and North Korea is still technically at war with South Korea, a key U.S. ally.

Retired Major Gen. Paul Eaton, in a statement for the veterans-focused advocacy group VoteVets.org, called Trump’s salute “wholly inappropriate."

“There's a protocol for military salutes," tweeted Mieke Eoyang, a former intelligence-focused Hill staffer who's now with the center-left think tank Third Way. "They're given to friendly foreign militaries. But w/DPRK, we are still in a state of war, so a salute is improper,” she added, referencing Pyongyang's preferred name for North Korea, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea."

Last edited:

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are so right. I remember the good ole days when children went to work at the factory at the age of 6 or 7 for pennies a week. No tears from them.

But now folks are worried about safety, human decency, common courtesy, a living wage, and access to basic affordable healthcare. Commies all of them.

I am so glad that we have a leader who is not bothered by facts. Who remembers to take care of the big money donors, who has cleaned out the swamp so that he can refill it with his own swamp beasties. A man willing to make promises, and even more willing to break them. A vigorous man who has never met a p@#$ he was not willing to grab. A man willing to allow his friend to pay millions for his own personal indiscretions. A man who believe that charity donations meant for the poor are actually better served buying him a self portrait. A man who does not know the meaning of the word nepotism. A man willing to fully embrace our legal system, especially the bankruptcy court.

Yea I am a firm believer in MAGA - Make A Greater Ass@#&^.

I really feel sorry for you! Not really but, you will reap what you sow by believing in what you believe and I will not look back and have a bad feeling about it. When I was a child some 60 years ago and worked as a child, I was paid a decent wage (minimum at the least and most times better) and not in a sweat factory and not because I had to but because I wanted to help do my share to help out our family. I guess my priorities where in the correct place and not in the "gimmie" place!

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just researched it :

"A US official told CNN that Trump was briefed on protocol, which is to not salute military officers from other countries."

CNN. Yeah, they hold a lot of creedance to the truth! LOL!
    How about you post up what you found in your reasearch? In other words, put it up or shut up!

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    BS, nice try but BS. Plus the General is reaching out for a handshake and Trump is giving the salute.

Is there a video of this you can share via your lawyer google-fu skills?

See, there's a thing in the military, where sometimes, I know, this'll really freak people out, we would actually Shake Hands AFTER a salute, and also, sometimes, the lower-ranking person wouldn't hold their salute long enough, instead of waiting for the higher ranking person to drop their hand first. Weird, I know. Earthquakes spontaneously happened and little kittens exploded if a salute was ended early... But life went on, and depending on the occasion and temperament of those involved, no baby seals were clubbed as punishment.

Perhaps, just maybe, the photographer caught just such a mis-timed salute/shake?
    Regardless, it's a salute rendered to a General in uniform. It's a well-established military custom and courtesy.

It's not like he bowed to him or failed to hold his hand over his heart during our National Anthem or went on an international apology tour...

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is from Fox referencing the salute Trump gave the NK general:

"But North Korea operates one of the most oppressive regimes on Earth, and despite the president’s declaration on Wednesday that the country is “no longer a nuclear threat,” it is considered a major U.S. adversary.

Retired Rear Adm. John Kirby, a military and diplomatic analyst, called the moment “striking.

They can see a propaganda value here and this is basically them showing the level of deference and respect that Trump has paid to them and to their military leaders,” Kirby said.

It was an inappropriate for him to do from a protocol perspective, but now he’s played right into the North’s propaganda about their legitimacy on the world stage.”

Kirby said the appropriate thing for Trump to do in that situation would have been to nod his head and shake the general’s hand.

“(Trump’s) the commander in chief. He doesn’t even salute his own generals. They salute him. That’s the way it works. You don’t certainly don’t do it with leaders of foreign military and you most certainly don’t do it with the leaders of foreign militaries of an adversary nation.”

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Regardless, it's a salute rendered to a General in uniform. It's a well-established military custom and courtesy.
    It's not like he bowed to him or failed to hold his hand over his heart during our National Anthem or went on an international apology tour...

Also please dont forget, Trump did not take a knee either! LOL

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there a video of this you can share via your lawyer google-fu skills?

See, there's a thing in the military, where sometimes, I know, this'll really freak people out, we would actually Shake Hands AFTER a salute, and also, sometimes, the lower-ranking person wouldn't hold their salute long enough, instead of waiting for the higher ranking person to drop their hand first. Weird, I know. Earthquakes spontaneously happened and little kittens exploded if a salute was ended early... But life went on, and depending on the occasion and temperament of those involved, no baby seals were clubbed as punishment.

Perhaps, just maybe, the photographer caught just such a mis-timed salute/shake?

Here take your choice of videos to watch

https://www.google.com/search?q=tru...9dPbAhWGm1kKHf94CKUQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1920&bih=949

This is a screw up by Trump. Certainly not the worse of his short Presidency but a mistake none the less. It is the result of him not caring about what his office stands for and just deciding to wing it.

By the way I cannot believe that this group is struggling to find a way to defend Trump on this.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Just researched it :

CNN is the same network that made news stories out of two scoops of ice cream and a steak being well done / served with ketchup. I take any mainstream media (and yes, that includes Fox) with a mountain of salt these days.

I don't really care if he saluted the general or not. At least he's not bowing to foreign leaders - a bow is a symbol of subservience and utterly unbefitting of the President. I still cringe when I see those photographs.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    CNN is the same network that made news stories out of two scoops of ice cream and a steak being well done / served with ketchup. I take any mainstream media (and yes, that includes Fox) with a mountain of salt these days.

I don't really care if he saluted the general or not. At least he's not bowing to foreign leaders - a bow is a symbol of subservience and utterly unbefitting of the President. I still cringe when I see those photographs.

I quoted from five different sources, one of them was FOX. All agree it was the wrong move.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I quoted from five different sources, one of them was FOX. All agree it was the wrong move.

Fear21 said:
    I don't really care

:)

There are much worse things than returning an erroneous salute.

CNN said:
    The White House, however, is not viewing Trump saluting a North Korean general as a mistake. It is being seen as all part of the broader goal that day, which was to show respect to Kim and his entourage, according to the official.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

https://www.google.com/search?q=tru...9dPbAhWGm1kKHf94CKUQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1920&bih=949

This is a screw up by Trump. Certainly not the worse of his short Presidency but a mistake none the less. It is the result of him not caring about what his office stands for and just deciding to wing it.

By the way I cannot believe that this group is struggling to find a way to defend Trump on this.

The POTUS clearly extended his hand first. The General saluted him. So, POTUS opted to return the salute, then re-extend his hand for that shake. The only awkward part was that the General didn't just return his handshake first. In fact, the NK general was saluting Our POTUS, but as I figured, the camera shot or screen grab makes it look the other way.

Weasel lawyers always gotta spin the facts to match their narrative...

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Oh Lordy Lordy! You really nit picking are you not. Us not be trying to find a way to defend Trump. He is perfectly capable of doing that himself. After all he was born in the USA when the past POTUS could not produce a birth certificate proving that he was. Sour grapes, sore loser, I dont know which you really are and basically I dont give a rat's behind! Just man up and bear it if it is possible for you. I have never in my life ever heard so much whinning and crying from so many children in my life and it such a freakin' disgrace! Tell you what, please fill out this form and foreward it to the government!

Attachments

• butthurt.jpg
      butthurt.jpg
      78.6 KB · Views: 107

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trump is the president of the United States. I am a citizen of the USA , therefore he is my President. I am not happy about this fact but it is a fact.

Here is a picture of the salute

View attachment 64921

Latch, Stag, Viking -somebody want to turn that into a meme?

4c770e5e40419579774aeb273762414e.jpg

I’m guessing Obama doing this is acceptable, liberal hypocrisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh Lordy Lordy! You really nit picking are you not. Us not be trying to find a way to defend Trump. He is perfectly capable of doing that himself. After all he was born in the USA when the past POTUS could not produce a birth certificate proving that he was. Sour grapes, sore loser, I dont know which you really are and basically I dont give a rat's behind! Just man up and bear it if it is possible for you. I have never in my life ever heard so much whinning and crying from so many children in my life and it such a freakin' disgrace! Tell you what, please fill out this form and foreward it to the government!

Wow - so Trump saluting a general from a rival foreign power (who we are still at war with) is cool with you. Got it - Because you just think that these sorts of things are that big of a deal. Got it. That image does not make you sick at your stomach - got it.

Remind me once again, which one of us was Un-American?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom