Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Leather belt and Holster *Pensacola*

Found a leather holster with leather belt and brass buckle. Seems like the setup has some age on it. Belt and holster are both marked “Hunter” inside of a powder horn. On the back of the buckle is a anchor mark. I found a company Hunter that has been making leather products since 1952 not sure if it’s the same. Any leather SME (subject matter experts) give me an idea what the setup would be worth reasonably.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2. 2 Like Staz's Post:

get some saddle soap and conditioner on it before trying to sell.
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

VETS for TRUMP 2020 ** KEEP AMERICA GREAT !! "VICTORY"

4. 2 Like FrankT's Post:

Same as current Hunter Mfg. Looks like a older double action revolver holster based on narrow barrel channel. There might be a model or size number on it to find out what fits. Gun belt bandolier loops size dictate cartridge use. I don't know if there is any antique value there. Current production holster can be had under $40, belt with same 25 loops also $40 +-. Looks like there might be the remnants of a number above the "horn" stamp.
    Last edited by wildrider666; 06-09-2018 at 01:06 PM.
    Wild Rider

Those that give up their guns are on a self destructive fools errand. Tyranny shall never take what it didn't provide: not by paper, not by Court and not by force.

6. 2 Like wildrider666's Post:

Looks like #10

What do you think would be a fair price for it as-is?

Folks will want to know what it fits first. Model appears to be a early Model 1100 style with a open bottom. If "10" is correct as a size: that would include Colt/Ruger 7.5 inch SAA per the model/size chart at link. From the angle of your pictures I don't know if a barrel, ejector rod tube and protruding offset ejector head would fit. It may just be a more modern style that fits them fine without the western holster look.
    Current condition verses new condition price: $30+- for the Set is the most I'd pay before I'd just buy new, in my non expert opinion.

https://www.huntercompany.com/size-chart
    Wild Rider

Those that give up their guns are on a self destructive fools errand. Tyranny shall never take what it didn't provide: not by paper, not by Court and not by force.

Hunter has been making some really good belts and holsters for some years now. They had a contract with the US military for several different products some yesrs ago.
    I was going through some stuff at an weapons departments "dead storage" and found some belts and pouches with this same logo.
    My first time hunting hogs was at Hunter Liggett military reservation in Calif back in the early 70's. I borrowed a setup as pictured that fit my Ruger Blackhawk chambered in 41Mag.
    As stated,generally,not worth much unless you come across a collector or someone that has a sentimental connection to this specific holster/belt combo.
    Get some type of leather preservative on it that will not change it's color. ---- SAWMAN
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)
    XM177E2