• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Take a look at the MagPul brand of mags. For my gun it is the 10shot only. Some of which are blocked to 5shots with the MagPul -5 insert.
    Great mags . . . easy load,easy unload.
    NOW . . . for that trigger ??? ---- SAWMAN

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    it came with a 20 round pmag (gen 3). I run Pmags with the other ar's and ak's they work great for me... its Sunday at the range on father's day, I figure it's packed there, or.... lol I'll get over there one day next week and sight her in....

I'll get a 5 round mag, for when I'm able to go hunting a pig someday... any thoughts on the break?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Understanding that a brake is different than a flash hider in that a brake is closed at the end. Idealily,the exit hole is .040" over the weapons bore size.
    Personally,I have no use for a flash hider but have brakes on multiple guns. Depending on how efficient you want the brake to be,a brake will increase the noise level to the shooter and bystanders. A good compromise is a linear brake. I have one on my DPMS AR/308.
    IMO for a brake to really reduce the effects of recoil,it must be loud. There is a list of brakes with their effeciency ratings on the internet. (Google)
    The most efficient is the Precision Armament M4-72. I have one but have not installed it yet.
    Make sure your gun is threaded 5/8X24 before you shop for a brake. ---- SAWMAN

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    it came with a 20 round pmag (gen 3). I run Pmags with the other ar's and ak's they work great for me... its Sunday at the range on father's day, I figure it's packed there, or.... lol I'll get over there one day next week and sight her in....

I'll get a 5 round mag, for when I'm able to go hunting a pig someday... any thoughts on the break?

Jim, I think I made ya the offer before but ifin you don't want the crowd and wanna shoot what ya want...make the run to my place. It's a little more of a haul (North Baker), but aggravation of the range verses an extra 30-45 minute drive might be worth it brother... hahaha

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May I please ask . . . what type of muzzle device does it have now. A2 type ?? ---- SAWMAN :)

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jim, I think I made ya the offer before but ifin you don't want the crowd and wanna shoot what ya want...make the run to my place. It's a little more of a haul (North Baker), but aggravation of the range verses an extra 30-45 minute drive might be worth it brother... hahaha
    Jason, I appreciate that. I figure I'll do more shooting this fall when it cools off a bit. how long of a range is there at your place? Its been a while since I've been in that area... THANKS!

May I please ask . . . what type of muzzle device does it have now. A2 type ?? ---- SAWMAN :)
    Yes, the standard A2 Birdcage.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jason, I appreciate that. I figure I'll do more shooting this fall when it cools off a bit. how long of a range is there at your place? Its been a while since I've been in that area... THANKS!

I can stretch it to 250, right now it's set at 100... I also have a 50 yard separate range fer sighting in and pistols. Shooting metal, but do have a regular way to stick paper if that's what you like too... You can find me more on PFF as ya know so just let me know brother...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This is a pic of the brake that I have on my short (heavy) bbl'ed 308 bolt gun. It is a Miculek Brake.
    Works great but loud.
    When considering a brake,take into consideration the size of the brake vs the size of the bbl where they mate up. Also to use the proper lock ring/crush washer for the index. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• DSC00998.JPG
      DSC00998.JPG
      314.9 KB · Views: 138
    Top Bottom