HD Tactical

Croc Eats Terrier That Taunted Him for 10 Years!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thats a big problem in Tallahassee with all those lakes .... full of gators when I went to school there.
    Anywhere in FL where there is just smallest amount of water there can be a big gator. Surveyors working near the PRPC last year found a huge gator foots print near the little creek that crosses club property.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That story reminds me of all the city folks that like to feed gators and then act surprised when the gators start too confuse people with food.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yesterday a lady walking her dog was dragged off by a gator, Dog survived!

12-foot-6-inch alligator attacked the woman from the bank

A lady walking with two dogs disappeared and the two dogs, one with fresh wounds founds nearby. The alligator was found to have a human arm in it and the women is presumed slain by the gator.
    "A witness who had seen a woman walking her pets near the water in the Silver Lakes Rotary Nature Park late Friday morning later noticed her dogs barking near the water’s edge.
    The woman was nowhere to be seen. "
    Experts said to exercise caution during the nesting season and that the dogs might have been the original focus of the attack.
    that was one big gator. I am of the opinion that when gators in public areas exceed 7 feet. they should be removed from those areas and relocated to either a zoo, gator farms, or somewhere else. They are just too dangerous.
    fl-1528503457-byobemce9g-snap-image.jpg

Attachments

• fl-1528503457-byobemce9g-snap-image.jpg
      fl-1528503457-byobemce9g-snap-image.jpg
      137.2 KB · Views: 388

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    12-foot-6-inch alligator attacked the woman from the bank

A lady walking with two dogs disappeared and the two dogs, one with fresh wounds founds nearby. The alligator was found to have a human arm in it and the women is presumed slain by the gator.

Experts said to exercise caution during the nesting season and that the dogs might have been the original focus of the attack.
    that was one big gator. I am of the opinion that when gators in public areas exceed 7 feet. they should be removed from those areas and relocated to either a zoo, gator farms, or somewhere else. They are just too dangerous.
    View attachment 64739
    Too dangerous? There's been less than 30 fatal attacks from alligators in the last 70 years. A 7ft alligator ain't a danger to chit except small dogs under 30lbs... any body of water in the southeast, assume there are gators in it... who is going to pay to have these gators removed? I know what they pay now and it ain't worth the effort most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Too dangerous? There's been less than 30 fatal attacks from alligators in the last 70 years. A 7ft alligator ain't a danger to chit except small dogs under 30lbs... any body of water in the southeast, assume there are gators in it... who is going to pay to have these gators removed? I know what they pay now and it ain't worth the effort most of the time.

Seems like the number of fatalities is going up and if a 7 ft gator can take a dog, it can take a child. I was told, but did not do the reading myself, that several hundred years ago people being grabbed by gators was not so uncommon. If I owned a pond, I certainly would not want a big gator in it for sure. I suspect it would suffer some sort of fatal illness.
    If the cost is too much to relocate there are trappers that will take it out for free if they keep the hide and the meat.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Pretty sure this story happened in Australia
    The crocodile eating the dog, yes.... a woman was attacked and killed by a gator in south Florida yesterday. Her arm was removed from the stomach of a 12'6" gator after it was captured by nuisance trappers.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Seems like the number of fatalities is going up and if a 7 ft gator can take a dog, it can take a child. I was told, but did not do the reading myself, that several hundred years ago people being grabbed by gators was not so uncommon. If I owned a pond, I certainly would not want a big gator in it for sure. I suspect it would suffer some sort of fatal illness.
    If the cost is too much to relocate there are trappers that will take it out for free if they keep the hide and the meat.
    The market for wild gators has declined in recent years... not many people are going to do a full time job for free.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The market for wild gators has declined in recent years... not many people are going to do a full time job for free.

Issue permits for homeowners to do it. happens all of the time anyway. Many people do not like having a big gator near the homes. Would you tolerate say a 10 foot gator by your home. If so I am sure most of the others here would not. I would not for sure.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Issue permits for homeowners to do it. happens all of the time anyway. Many people do not like having a big gator near the homes. Would you tolerate say a 10 foot gator by your home. If so I am sure most of the others here would not. I would not for sure.
    If only it was that easy. Lol. It'll never happen.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If only it was that easy. Lol. It'll never happen.

It depends on if there is any pressure. right now not so many are killed by gators and as I have suggested property owners tend to on the quiet take care of problem on their own. Last i heard the FL Wildlife people were still looking for who ever killed a black bear last year in southern santa rosa county. A few months ago black bears were raiding porches and garages near me in the pace, FL area and then the problem suddenly just stopped. Was the bear relocated or did something else happen to it?

Top Bottom