Patriot Mobile

Memphis Homeowner used AK47 to kill burglars.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now that's good gun control, took out both targets!

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Good ole Memphis. That place is a cesspool. SOOOOO glad I don't live there anymore.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was concerned when the article talked about shooting the men as the were exiting the home. Glad the officers did not focus on that detail

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Probably depends on which part of Memphis and which part of Chicago you’re in.

We spent a year in East Egypt in the mid-90’s, the neighborhood wasn’t too bad but the school was out of control.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Probably depends on which part of Memphis and which part of Chicago you’re in.

We spent a year in East Egypt in the mid-90’s, the neighborhood wasn’t too bad but the school was out of control.

You talking about Raleigh or the actual country? If Raleigh, then yeah, it wasn't that bad. Frayser, Hollywood, and north Memphis on the other hand was already bad in the mid 90s. Not to mention Whitehaven, South Memphis, anywhere off Chelsea Ave., etc.....

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a sales territory that included Memphis...joked with my boss that I needed hazard pay...really wasn't joking. Some of my customers had fenced, barbwired areas for their cars and had a buzzer/security system in their business...hated going there. lived only 50 miles from there for many years (in Arkansas) and I rarely went there...through it to Germantown or n. Mississippi but not beale st or anywhere in the city. I grew up near Chicago and worked in the burbs in construction during my school years and while there were many bad places in chi town, there were also many nice areas; especially the lake front...can't say there is any nice places in Memphis, not even the university. There was one nice neighborhood, but it was an island surrounded by a dirty, crime ridden city.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You talking about Raleigh or the actual country? If Raleigh, then yeah, it wasn't that bad. Frayser, Hollywood, and north Memphis on the other hand was already bad in the mid 90s. Not to mention Whitehaven, South Memphis, anywhere off Chelsea Ave., etc.....

Jesus good question, Dad was stationed at millington and the school was east Egypt elementary(shared parking lot with east Egypt high school). ** just google mapped it, it was pippin street which looks like Raleigh. Totally thought you said county not country, no I have never and hopefully will never reside in Egypt.**

I technically lived walking distance from school but my parents decided it was best to drive us after there was a shoot out between a couple officers and a high schooler who skipped class to rob a liquor store my first day of school(Valentine’s Day). I also remember that between the day my we looked at the house and signed the lease and the day we moved in, a bullet hole had appeared in the window and wall of the room facing the street. It was completely filled with boxes of books and we weren’t allowed in the room.
    BUT, all of our neighbors looked out for each other and I actually had an easy time making friends at school. The whole experience however was a serious influence on my decision to never have a kid while enlisted, since you have little say where they’ll send you and then next.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Homeowner chose the right tool for his urban jungle environment and knew how to use it. BGs may have been physically "outside" on the patio but that does not rule out a continued threat from that location. Weapons in hand, looking or aiming at home owner? Vid, statement, evidence and/or applicable Laws must have provide adequate info for no charges being filed.

And the gun grabbers say........... NOTHING!

Latest posts

Top Bottom