Patriot Mobile

Friendly Fire - LEO shooting the good guys. How to prevent?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't by any means walk around as if I'm gonna be put on the ground at any moment for something I didn't do. I also understand the working conditions cops face aren't exactly the best, either. Buy hey, in all honesty, I didn't choose your career path and I am not forcing you to stay there. I'm not gonna genuflect or prostrate myself just because someone is wearing a badge. They are men, for the most part, and so am I. I intend to conduct myself as one, will stay on my feet, and expect the same in return. I will respect you as a person as long as you conduct yourself as a person.

As to AR15 boy, or any other that is so scared/hyped up all the time that you can't relax a little and see the entire situation for what it is, you need to take yourself out of the game, or leadership needs to take you out. Everyone above that dude should be gone, and banned from LE service, period. There is no way in hell supervision did not know this guy was a shooting looking for a reason to happen, no way.

Yes, I also agree LE should be held to the same laws as everyone else, no exemptions, no exceptions. What is needed is a separate, unbiased, legal process for LE violations. The current system has LE and the investigation/prosecution/trial system way too intertwined to be unbiased or unaffected. There is built-in conflict of interest that manifests itself in many having the perception that LE can get away with anything and the court system will enable/allow it. That this perception is widespread is an indicator, IMO, not a coincidence, or people just not liking LE.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like some kind of geek or snowflake in police clothes to me.
    There are lot of wannabees that apply to police departments like that and most often they do not fortunately get hired in my limited experience. This time the process in charge of hiring failed.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think a preconceived plan of physical noncompliance to LE Orders in the best interest of recieving party. Failure to comply combined with alternative actions by people is a common link in these incidents. Even if your 100% innocent and in the Right, it doesn't put bullets back in the gun. Many people here carry a firearm, knife and probably both. If the persons actions or LE bad decision gets you shot; the headline won't read: Unarmed man/woman killed by police. The Case of the couple inside a car when black male driver with CWP "reaches" and officer kills him. Female passenger caught it on vid.

I just saw the headline on the Gregory Hill Lawsuit: Family awarded $4.00, further reduced to $00.04 cents. LE responded to noise complaint. Noncompliant Hill was shot through garage door and a unloaded gun found in his back pocket. Hills actions significantly contributed to his own death. Family won the Case but damages reflect extent of LE liability per the Court.

I'd rather follow orders to stand on one foot and yodel now and formally address it later. Lol. In todays environment its not a matter of pride its a matter of survival. I'm not infering anyone piss down their leg nor surrender your Rights. I am focused on the tipping point when compliance is not optional. That "point" may not occur, it could be anytime during the encounter or at first contact depending on the situation.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's plenty of videos out there like this

That demonstrate that the results we're seeing, are the product of training. Its well documented; its not some mysterious phenomenon that cant be explained simply.

As the video say, this guys is booked 200 days a year.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That top one was especially hard to watch. This is the case where "Inscribed on the dust cover of Brailsford's AR-15 patrol rifle were the words "You're f----ed"" which to me, doesn't necessarily indicate the proper mindset to be a police officer. My understanding is that they were here to "Protect and Serve", not "F--- people". Luckily for him, the judge ruled this little tidbit inadmissible at his murder trial.

As you watch, you see he screams conflicting instructions at the victim. HANDS IN THE AIR. CRAWL TOWARDS ME. Can't do both now, can ya? One precludes the other. Its no wonder the guy finally slipped up in the this fatal game of "Simon Says". It was only a matter of time.

Yea these are examples of scenarios that scare me. Both participants in each scenario are scared and not thinking straight. The second guy is also in extreme pain. I understand that both shootings were deemed justified, I just wonder if they could have been avoided all together.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's plenty of videos out there like this

That demonstrate that the results we're seeing, are the product of training. Its well documented; its not some mysterious phenomenon that cant be explained simply.

As the video say, this guys is booked 200 days a year.

There are two four letter words here. Fear and Kill that are linked. I do not have a good answer for this. My goal is to make sure I do not set off that fear conditioned response in a police officer. The officer can kill you and likely not be prosecuted. Very seldom that a civilian can kill an officer and get off in court assuming he reaches court in one living piece. So essentially you can not win and so simply do your best not to set off that conditioned kill response.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Officers go into dangerous situations that civilians would not willingly go into. That is a possible explanation for why they either are not prosecuted or not successfully prosecuted for the shooting of an unarmed suspect. If a civilian had shot an unarmed suspect in the back the civilian would be on death row. Different standards, different responsibilities.

As for the tatooed wondered. How did he pass the psych evaluation to become an officer?

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think a preconceived plan of physical noncompliance to LE Orders in the best interest of recieving party. Failure to comply combined with alternative actions by people is a common link in these incidents. Even if your 100% innocent and in the Right, it doesn't put bullets back in the gun. Many people here carry a firearm, knife and probably both. If the persons actions or LE bad decision gets you shot; the headline won't read: Unarmed man/woman killed by police. The Case of the couple inside a car when black male driver with CWP "reaches" and officer kills him. Female passenger caught it on vid.

I just saw the headline on the Gregory Hill Lawsuit: Family awarded $4.00, further reduced to $00.04 cents. LE responded to noise complaint. Noncompliant Hill was shot through garage door and a unloaded gun found in his back pocket. Hills actions significantly contributed to his own death. Family won the Case but damages reflect extent of LE liability per the Court.

I'd rather follow orders to stand on one foot and yodel now and formally address it later. Lol. In todays environment its not a matter of pride its a matter of survival. I'm not infering anyone piss down their leg nor surrender your Rights. I am focused on the tipping point when compliance is not optional. That "point" may not occur, it could be anytime during the encounter or at first contact depending on the situation.

I agree, ego gets you killed in these situations.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After reading all the replies in this post, and they are all thought provoking, I have arrived at a scary conclusion. There is no agreement on how to handle this situation should you unfortunately fall into it. The only and best thing you can hope for is never to be put into the situation in the first place. It does look like something goofy happened in all the videos that set off a tragic response. I have never had an experience with the law any worse than a speeding ticket so hopefully my luck will continue to be good.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After reading all the replies in this post, and they are all thought provoking, I have arrived at a scary conclusion. There is no agreement on how to handle this situation should you unfortunately fall into it. The only and best thing you can hope for is never to be put into the situation in the first place. It does look like something goofy happened in all the videos that set off a tragic response. I have never had an experience with the law any worse than a speeding ticket so hopefully my luck will continue to be good.
    Our population is steadily growing and with the exception of black males other americans are most unlikely to die due to homicide by criminals and even less likely from the police. The only guarantee in life is that you will die. Life is not always fair or just. The best any man or woman can do is
    Davy Crockett: Be always sure you're right — THEN GO AHEAD! ... 6 March 1836)

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    i know what it sounds like when an 870 racks a round in it in the dark...and they yell FREEZE through the fence into the warehouse....I managed to come away with everything I went in with.

I know how the NOPD Tactical Unit responds to a perp in the drug store...wasn't sure I was going to come outta that with everything...turned out I was only short $.05. I will never forget the look the officer had on his face when he realized I was behind him on his entry with weapon drawn.

I think the thing that got me outta both of those was following commands to the letter.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Georgia Cop Fired After Video Shows Him Hitting A Suspect With His Car

There are clearly defined reasons why this stuff happens. Again, its not mysterious.

Cop fired for hitting fleeing suspect hired days later by neighboring county

The Georgia police officer who was fired for hitting a fleeing suspect with his cop car on Saturday was out of work for just two days.

Taylor Saulters, who was fired by Athens-Clarke County Police Department on Saturday for running down a suspect with his car, was hired by the neighboring Oglethorpe County Sheriff's Office on Monday.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sounds like he may have already had an app in. Have never seen a complete hiring process take only two days especially on a wekend. Or a complete internal affairs investigation for that matter. Are you saying because of this incident he hould not be hired by any angency?

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like he may have already had an app in. Have never seen a complete hiring process take only two days especially on a wekend. Or a complete internal affairs investigation for that matter. Are you saying because of this incident he hould not be hired by any angency?

I think there should be an evaluation of the the incident to see if he poses a threat of unwarranted violence or abuse in the future.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What gun did he own that discharged when dropped. Wait I know, a Sig 320 :) Seriously, though does anyone know what weapon he was carrying when he decided to bust a move.

I dont know what weapon he was carrying but from the videos I have seen, the weapon did not discharge until he attempted to grab it off the floor and not when it hit the floor.

Edit: no woryz beat me to it.

Top Bottom