• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WillG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh wow, hope all the officers on the scene are safe and go home to their families tonight.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Im confused. The article say gunshots were at 130. But its only 120? Is this not a local news source for panama city, or is this an old article. I do believe panama city is still central time. Did I miss something

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If its current I do hope all are safe.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mixed info (normal early on). Locan PC NEWS showed a civ phone vid with shots being heard, she said it was a neighbor doing the shooting. There was a suspicious death on White Herron Dr. Santa Rose Beach. Suspect they were looking for is believed to be same person at current incident AT Briarwood Apts. Regions Bank is nearby but not origional source location. Situation is fluid, 250 Officers on scene. Several different large volleys of fire. All schools on lockdown and not currently involved.

Reports state only one person injured and transported to hospital.

1:54PM/1354 LOCAL TIME

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My intel source says suspect is contained in a structure but currently has a shooting position advantage. No info as to suspect being alone or hostages present. This may be a long Standoff unless a Tactical solution (clear shot or Team entry) or negotiations (unknown if started) occur.

2:15PM/1415L

WillG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My intel source says suspect is contained in a structure but currently has a shooting position advantage. No info as to suspect being alone or hostages present. This may be a long Standoff unless a Tactical solution (clear shot or Team entry) or negotiations (unknown if started) occur.

2:15PM/1415L

Oh wow that is intense! My shop is off 30A and I heard about the incident off white heron from some customers. This area gets crazier every year it seems!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A MRAP from another County was used to protect/remove three officers that were pinned down at their Patrol Cars since the initial shots were fired. A Police Bearcat from another County was also used covering/moving offcers. Seems there is a definite LE Mission for "Military type" surplus DoD equipment. Anti LE groups say it is a militarization of Police Forces and the supply of it was cut by obama. This is just another example of the useful applications of this equipment. I saw a lot of LE carrying ARs with EOTechs but I don't know how they were sourced.

Glad this one ended relatively quickly and safely.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    was a suspect in another murder this am...poured gas all over the apartment . don't know if death was suicide or exchanged fire

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Short version.... Suspect killed a man in Santa Rosa Beach. Suspect fled to his apartment in Panama City. Apparently, ( but not substaniated as far as I know), the man he killed was engaged to the suspects ex wife. Suspect is signal 7 or is it 6?( not leo so how should I know) a.k.a. dead. May have been taken out by LEO sniper but may have been self inflicted after long standoff.

There are obviously more detail but this is the gist.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom