• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In response to the shooting in Texas, Trump has urged all stated to pass laws similar to Florida, that allow for the removal of firearms from those who the police believe are a danger to themselves or others (i.e. red flag laws)

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He's confirmed his anti-gun beliefs for years. That's all I need to know. Trump's idea of MAGA appears to be to legislate a forced utopia based on childhood dreams that probably never were, and that "security/safety" by forced law and order is somehow freedom. Again, the innocent and law-abiding will be punished, painfully and needlessly inconvenienced both personally and financially, and nationally stigmatized to the point of being made borderline criminals for owning or supporting gun ownership. Not only will we be forced to fund this through taxes, in the end, the only ones truly free will be those who legislate, enforce, and hold themselves above the laws the rest of us must live within.

Freedom cannot live were draconian laws allow the taking/suspension of freedoms on a whim, hunch, or suspicion, of one individual. As with other gun issues, some will not care, and others will support this as responsible gun ownership. When cops are stopping, sorry "making contact with" folks, and asking if they are armed and/or have their papers to show proper authorization to be armed, remember, it's be all about MAGA. I'll tell ya, Trump is pushing the kind of crap Obama wanted to, and Hillary promised if she were elected. WTF?

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He's confirmed his anti-gun beliefs for years. That's all I need to know. Trump's idea of MAGA appears to be to legislate a forced utopia based on childhood dreams that probably never were, and that "security/safety" by forced law and order is somehow freedom. Again, the innocent and law-abiding will be punished, painfully and needlessly inconvenienced both personally and financially, and nationally stigmatized to the point of being made borderline criminals for owning or supporting gun ownership. Not only will we be forced to fund this through taxes, in the end, the only ones truly free will be those who legislate, enforce, and hold themselves above the laws the rest of us must live within.

Freedom cannot live were draconian laws allow the taking/suspension of freedoms on a whim, hunch, or suspicion, of one individual. As with other gun issues, some will not care, and others will support this as responsible gun

ownership. When cops are stopping, sorry "making contact with" folks, and
    asking if they are armed and/or have their papers to show proper
    authorization to be armed, remember, it's be all about MAGA. I'll tell ya,
    Trump is pushing the kind of crap Obama wanted to, and Hillary promised if
    she were elected. WTF?

Hillary would have been a better choice?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2016-presidential-debate.jpg

Obviously, it didn't have to come down to a Trump/Clinton choice.

Attachments

• 2016-presidential-debate.jpg
      2016-presidential-debate.jpg
      32.7 KB · Views: 199

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It didn't have to ,but unfortunately it did. In my opinion neither side would of supported the best person for the job. My choices on voting day were Clinton, Trump or just not vote at all. I've always felt that not voting at all was the least desirable choice. We've had several presidents that I didn't care for and didn't vote for but they were the president whether or not I approved of them. We will get a chance to vote a again in a few years and that is the only reasonable way to change the president . I believe that it's a good thing that the president can only serve two terms and that we get a chance to correct things every four years.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hillary would have been a better choice?
    I don't believe the point is that Hillary would have been a better choice. Just that the current choice hasn't turned out to be much different.

His "Strong Conservative" rhetoric is fading and the good ol NYC Liberal from ten years ago is starting to show.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't believe the point is that Hillary would have been a better choice. Just that the current choice hasn't turned out to be much different.

His "Strong Conservative" rhetoric is fading and the good ol NYC Liberal from ten years ago is starting to show.

Spot on.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He is very worried about losing his base, if they push back or revolt then maybe he will change course (again)

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I beg your pardon, but it wasn't some unfortunate turn of events. Republicans chose Donald Trump.

Because everyone else in the pack lost to him. FWIW, if him and Hillary are the best this country can do we're in bigger trouble than anyone thinks.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Because everyone else in the pack lost to him. FWIW, if him and Hillary are the best this country can do we're in bigger trouble than anyone thinks.

Everyone else in the pack lost to him (in other words, he won) exclusively because the majority of republicans voted for him, through their convention delegates. Again, this wasnt some sort of quirk of fate.

There were 2,472 delegates to the Republican National Convention, with a simple majority of 1,237 required to win the presidential nomination. Most of those delegates were bound for the first ballot of the convention based on the results of the 2016 Republican presidential primaries.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Everyone else in the pack lost to him (in other words, he won) exclusively because the majority of republicans voted for him, through their convention delegates. Again, this wasnt some sort of quirk of fate.

There were 2,472 delegates to the Republican National Convention, with a simple majority of 1,237 required to win the presidential nomination. Most of those delegates were bound for the first ballot of the convention based on the results of the 2016 Republican presidential primaries.

The bottom line is they lost because their messaging sucked and they underestimated him and his messaging. How big of a loser do you have to be to lose to someone you call ignorant, dumb and mentally unstable.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The bottom line is they lost because their messaging sucked and they underestimated him and his messaging. How big of a loser do you have to be to lose to someone you call ignorant, dumb and mentally unstable.

He won because the majority of republicans voted for him. I would appreciate it if you skipped the name calling. Its beneath you, and is the sort of thing that starts fight in threads.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I could change national voting I would not stagger the primaries. The way the current system works the early voting states have all of the say and the later voting states have no say. We should just have a primary vote for all parties in May the the election in November

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He won because the majority of republicans voted for him. I would appreciate it if you skipped the name calling. Its beneath you, and is the sort of thing that starts fight in threads.
    I would appreciate it if you would learn to read. I referenced what what said about him by those candidates.

But since you are butt hurt again this one is done also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom