• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I drove by the old Gander Mountain location today and they have changed the signs on the store to Gander Outdoors. Hopefully they learned from the last owner's mistakes.

flphotog

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are opening one in Tampa as well, I don't expect much of a change from Gander Mountain other than the name change based on the prices I see online.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That and no guns, at least my understanding is that they were not going to sell any guns or not going to sell any handguns, I forget which.

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guess they didn't learn the mistakes for sports authority or the other gander if that's the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Went to Pier Park in Panama City Beach this weekend and it's the first time I didn't stop in and visit the Dick's Sporting Goods while there, just didn't have any motivation to visit there any more.

flphotog

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That and no guns, at least my understanding is that they were not going to sell any guns or not going to sell any handguns, I forget which.

Gander Outdoors had guns for sale including handguns online, not sure about in store but would be kind of silly not to.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    So, what’s changed?
    I think this venture is going to prove the old adage “Mental illness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.”
    If they don’t lower their prices, I’m looking forward to the going-out-of-business sale.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    So, what’s changed?
    I think this venture is going to prove the old adage “Mental illness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.”
    If they don’t lower their prices, I’m looking forward to the going-out-of-business sale.

The owners is all I know for sure. I don't know why they even kept Gander in the name. I hope they have learned but if not, I too look forward to the going out of business sale. Maybe I can catch some of the good deals this time

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I just spoke with the new Gander Outdoors Manager for the store here in Pensacola and got some good news.
    He said that they are opening in mid-July, yes this July 2018.
    They will be selling guns, about 1,000 of them, pistols, rifles, shotguns and yes AR's. Complete AR's and all AR parts. Supposedly going to be able to purchase all parts needed to completely build your own AR, one stop shopping!
    They will have outdoor gear, archery also.
    I didn't ask about prices and forgot to ask about reloading supplies.
    He said to spread the word about hiring, they are doing a lot of hiring this week and next. You are able to apply on-line, something like Ganderoutdoors.com? He said mostly part time and I think he said starting pay is over $12 something an hour.
    He stated he thought that some sort of Veterans discounts would be offered but did not know specifics as in how much and on what stuff?
    Sounded good to me, wish I had an extra day or two to get paid to help folks get new gun/archery stuff!

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope they carry Liberty safes again. Need another safe since hiding them in closets and under the guest bed is no longer an option. Wife stubbed her toe on one under the guest bed and raised hell about it ever since.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I hope they carry Liberty safes again. Need another safe since hiding them in closets and under the guest bed is no longer an option. Wife stubbed her toe on one under the guest bed and raised hell about it ever since.

hope my wife does not look under our guest bed...she will freak :whistle:

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just got home from Gander Outdoors and the prices are great! They do have liberty safes, ARs, AR parts, primers and powder, limited brass, black powder stuff.

If you are looking to get a new Sig P365 they have one in stock and its only $499. If you are a Good Sams member ($27 for one year and get a $10 gift card) then its only $474! they probably only have 1 or 2 but they do have one! This is the best example I saw. Glock 43 for about $432. in my eyes those are great prices.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    that building is cursed. never did like the vibe when it was sports athority. i walked in when it was gander and thought it didnt look like a place i wanted to be. wasnt it an electronics store before that? i seem to remmeber not liking it then either, lol

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    No, the electronics store was down the parking lot to the left.
    Are these great prices everyday or is there a grand opening sale going on?

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Monday wasn’t the official “Grand Opening” just a “soft opening”. Not everything was priced yet. I think those were regular prices though. Was a lot to take in so can’t say for sure.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm curious if they'll cary used guns again. They always seemed to be hit or miss with their inventory. I would be shocked if those aren't grand opening prices because of how good they are. Significantly cheaper than I've seen in a brick and mortar gun shop. Glad to hear about them carrying Liberty safes again!

Top Bottom