• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    GANDER OUTDOORS - - - - ->
    Was there this AM and a few observations. Prices were good but not great. Gun invertory was really good. AR's and specialty guns were many. This includes,5.56/223,308,and 6.5C. Great inventory of Brownings and Kimbers. They had several Bergara's.They had the "specialty" Savages and Rugers. Benelli and Browning shotguns. Pistols galore. Some used Wilson Combat 1911's for $250.00. They had a good selection of revo's also. Guns in camo,black,OD,etc. A good selection of Glocks.
    A great selection of pistol mags,AR mags,and bolt gun mags. Quite a few different "combat" lights for guns. AR parts including trigger kits,aftermarket trigger packs,forearms,barrels,sights,gas blocks,grips,muzzle devices,small parts also,etc,etc.
    A GREAT selection of ammo. Pistol,rifle,and shotgun. They had Aguila Mini-Shells in both slugs AND buckshot. (I added three more bxs to my buckshot stash) At $14.00 for 20 you can't go wrong. And never a function problem using the OpSol. They had large bxs of 22LR and 5.56 ammo also.
    The reloading supplies were limited as for powders,primers,brass,and bullets. They had tons of once fired 300BLK brass.
    Talked to the mgr. He will start havingnused guns in about a month. They will buy guns and trade guns. No plans for police trade ins.
    I got a retired military "good deal" card. For $10. you can get a 5% discount on EVERYTHING in the store,for 1 year. I believe that LEO's and others are eligible for this also. The discount is for guns and ammo also.
    For you fresh and saltwater fishermen,they are part of Overton's now so great selection of rods,reels, and fishing/boating gear.
    Mgr is a super nice guy and knows his stuff. He is ex Army.
    All in all. Great store. I WILL be back. ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Just kidding about the Wilson Combat pistols.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I would add . . . can't remember any prices other than those posted.
    The mgr opened and managed the Lowe's across the street so he knows buisness. The store will eventually have a gunsmithing service,scope install and boresight,gun cleaning,and minor stock repair. They will also do transfers. So they seem to be in it for the "long haul".
    The current store/company has nothing to do with Gander Mt. They bought them out and closed them down. Overton's has been in buisness forever if that is an indication.
    I would reccomend that if you need something gun,shooting,hunting related,at least stop in and take a look. They seem eager to hand you a gun or scope to take a look at. The older gentleman seemed to know quite a bit about guns.
    They are looking for a full time gunsmith . . . . . I gave them jj's number. ---- SAWMAN

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I might make the drive over there this weekend with my boys to have a look. I'm interested in the Bergara line of rifles and haven't been able to see them in person yet, just know what I've read about them online.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hugged one today at Gander. Great feeling gun. Long bbl. "Interesting" camo. Can't remember the chambering. Just might have been 6.5C.
    They had a bunch of those "mountain" rifles in different camo patterns. Good choice of Kimber's. For the money the Bergara,Kimber,and Browning are pretty close. All light,most are long,most are stainless,all I have tried have excellent triggers,some are mag fed.
    Mike's has some great choices also . . . INCLUDING . . . Christensen Arms. Great guns those. ---- SAWMAN

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I really want the Bergara B-14 Timber, I think it's a beautiful gun and they have a great reputation!

Attachments

• Bergara B-14 Timber.JPG
      Bergara B-14 Timber.JPG
      22.1 KB · Views: 139

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stopped in yesterday. Nicely stocked store. Saw some good prices; at least didn't get sticker shock while there. I think I was the only customer in the store at 9:30. Hopefully they will do well. In speaking with one associate, I told him if they conduct business like the last guys to expect the same result.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Just went by. Lowest prices I’ve seen on several new guns, including Sig 365. Lots of reasonably priced stuff, and a good selection of parts, tools and accessories.
    I bought a nice new cleaning kit.
    Pretty impressed. I hope it does well.

- Oh and they even had G17 mags for Frank. Go check them out!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom