• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a couple Smith and Wesson 586/686s. Both have 8 inch barrels. The 686 is a no dash, and the 586 is a -1. It’s my understanding that the 8 inch barrel length is the only model Smith isn’t making anymore, and they seem to be rare. I wonder what the value is comparable to my other 4 inch 686s. Do they bring more or less, assuming condition is the same? Also, how much more valuable is the 686 than the 586 considering they are almost identical except for the finish? I’m looking at thinning some of my revolvers, so just trying to find out some general info. Thanks in advance.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They’re obsolete, and worth next too nothing. Sorry.

However, I’ll gladly do you a solid and give you 500$ cash money for the pair. I know that may seem overly generous, but I intend to hacksaw both down to 3” and then shoot them loose with questionable reloads.

There’s a sig p226 tacops listed in the for sale section, says he is interested in .357’s with at least 6” barrels. Not exactly thinning the herd, but I suspect values would be about equal. If the 586 Blueing is in good to great shape, I’d be surprised if it didn’t sell for more.

Top Bottom