• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It also appears that nominating Mr Wilkie to be the VA secretary as things stand now, would be a potential violation of 5 U.S. Code § 3345 (b)(1):

(b)
    (1) Notwithstanding subsection (a)(1), a person may not serve as an acting officer for an office under this section, if
    (A) during the 365-day period preceding the date of the death, resignation, or beginning of inability to serve, such person—
    (i) did not serve in the position of first assistant to the office of such officer; or
    (ii) served in the position of first assistant to the office of such officer for less than 90 days; and

(B) the President submits a nomination of such person to the Senate for appointment to such office.

Which is to me, another indication that this new nomination was just an off-the-cuff decision. My guess is that Mr Trump was getting tired of being asked every day who he was going to nominate to run the VA, and so he just decided to go with the acting director. Because even a cursory legal review prior to his announcement would have revealed this issue.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    At least he is donating his salary regardless of how much of it actually trickles down where it is most needed! How much of your salary did you donate to the Department Of Verteran Affairs? I have not because I can not spare the extra funds.

about $4000 this last year, to uncle sam, plus personal donations to Samaritans purse, hurricanes , and blind vets organizations, disabled vets, and yes, even a bum who had a homeless vet sign, or two on the sides of the road,...one I gave a whole large pizza to that I had bought to go home with...

I was complimenting trump on the donation of his salary, something not heard of, you took it wrong.. and feeding more to a corrupt agency , bloated already with our bucks is not the answer, he would have gotten more press, if he would have personally met with some vets and gave them checks

Last edited:

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    about $4000 this last year, to uncle sam, plus personal donations to Samaritans purse, hurricanes , and blind vets organizations, disabled vets, and yes, even a bum or two on the sides of the road,...one I gave a whole large pizza to that I had bought to go home with...

I was was complimenting trump on the donation of his salary, something not heard of, you took it wrong.. and feeding more to a corrupt agency , bloated already with our bucks is not the answer, he would have gotten more press, if he would have personally met with some vets and gave them checks

I may have taken your response wrong, and if so, I apologize. But then again, your say you "donated" $4000 to uncle sam last year, how much of that $4000 you "donated" went to the Dept. Of Veterans Affairs? Just wondering.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I may have taken your response wrong, and if so, I apologize. But then again, your say you "donated" $4000 to uncle sam last year, how much of that $4000 you "donated" went to the Dept. Of Veterans Affairs? Just wondering.

don't know, that is above my pay grade, who the money goes to...

I don't support planned parenthood, but my money goes there too

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Point well taken. You dont know where your tax money is going but yet you think, or you are sure some of it is going to planned parenthood!

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

That’s actually why we elect people to run the government, most of us are too busy handling our own to handle all the details.
    And no one is completely happy with everything the government spends money on.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Point well taken. You dont know where your tax money is going but yet you think, or you are sure some of it is going to planned parenthood!

I am sure some of every dollar goes there.. I would rather see it spent on national defense, or our own nation...I don't support sending money overseas to people who hate our guts, but it does...

nor do I support pension for life for senators after 1, or is it 2 term?

but it does.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That’s actually why we elect people to run the government, most of us are too busy handling our own to handle all the details.
    And no one is completely happy with everything the government spends money on.

I love that congressman who highlights waste..

$350,000 to run shrimp on a treadmill (figure not exact), or $58,000 for a bike path in Cleveland, or buying planes the military does want, or need, then parking them in the boneyard...costing millions..

give me a box of sharpies, and the budget, and some coffee, I would have us in the black in a month at the most.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am sure some of every dollar goes there.. I would rather see it spent on national defense, or our own nation...I don't support sending money overseas to people who hate our guts, but it does...

nor do I support pension for life for senators after 1, or is it 2 term?

but it does.

I agree with you on your posts. Well, most of them. Do you have hard evidence where the tax money collected from tax payers are being spent? I dont and do not claim to hold such evidence but wish I did. I do think my original post was about donations to the Dept. of Veterans Affairs. How about we just keep the topic focused on that, dont you think?

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just so that I am clear about this: After all of this time, Trump has nominated a person to run the VA who was not aware that he was being considered; may not be legally able to accept the position; and is not qualified to have the position. It seem to me that Trump is not showing much respect for one of the largest and most troubled of our agencies. On the positive side, he is probably not referred to as "Candy Man" by those who know him.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This one is done. I'm tired of getting butt hurt PMs. I'll continue to lock political threads as long as I continue to get PMs about them.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom