• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Had to go look-up and remind myself of the differences between the 92S and the 92FS.

The 92S from the link has the mag release on the bottom of the grip, not behind the trigger like the 92FS, so you have to make sure your mags have the appropriate cutout.

There are pros/cons to the various fit/finish/bluing/sights/safety-lever/trigger-pull differences, but those folks with a bunch of 92FS mags and spare parts may want to double-check for compatibility.

Still, nice weapon for $300.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Had to go look-up and remind myself of the differences between the 92S and the 92FS.

The 92S from the link has the mag release on the bottom of the grip, not behind the trigger like the 92FS, so you have to make sure your mags have the appropriate cutout.

There are pros/cons to the various fit/finish/bluing/sights/safety-lever/trigger-pull differences, but those folks with a bunch of 92FS mags and spare parts may want to double-check for compatibility.

Still, nice weapon for $300.

I have a 92s and if im not mistaken, the 92fs mags work just fine in mine. (The new mags have that same cutout near the bottom)
    I have changed out the barrel and some other parts flawlessly between the 92s and the 92fs. :)

The hardest part for me was finding replacement grips; then I realized that the gun was pretty beat up already and new grips made no sense... so I bought more ammo.

Top Bottom