• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have looked far and wide for a Henry Big Boy All Weather in 45-70. Out of stock and no where to be found. Any leads on apparently a rare gun on the market?????

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket for this gun if I can ever find one in stock somewhere!

And I don't want to settle on any other make, model, or finish variant of the rifle! Henry All Weather in 45-70. Seems like a ghost gun!

Thanks in advance.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, one popped up on Gun Broker! Actually called up the shop instead of going through GB and I think I got the only new Henry 45-70 All Weather that exists for sale at this time! Got it cheaper than the online Gun Broker price as well. Got it on it's way to Nate by next week! I'm super excited about this gun.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Thanks! I have been on the lookout for one of these ever since they came out in 2016. I figured I had some time when they first came out! Well, I have learned how Henry makes their firearms and why they are little more expensive. Other than being made all in the great USA, they only make so many and ship them out to their dealers. Once those are gone, they are gone till Henry decides to make more. When that is, no one outside of Henry knows!!!!

They of course make some guns more often then others. But this was one that they have not made anymore in a few years! And those that have them hold onto them. So the search continued till today!

A lever gun is almost the last type action to add to my collection. And I wanted to go big or go home on it!

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, one popped up on Gun Broker! Actually called up the shop instead of going through GB and I think I got the only new Henry 45-70 All Weather that exists for sale at this time! Got it cheaper than the online Gun Broker price as well. Got it on it's way to Nate by next week! I'm super excited about this gun.

Got your ammo lined up for it? keep us in the loop on it, gone to use this stuff?
    https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/rifle/45-70-government-325-gr-ftx-leverevolution

Last edited:

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    keep in mind that the Hornady cases are shorter than others to allow for the ogive of the bullet. If you want a mixture of loads you may want to get both lengths of brass and keep them separate. I have some 405 gr cast boolits i am dying to twist up :D

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rifle has finally made it home. Man this thing is sweet.

Nate at Little Jack's guns deserves massive points for letting me wait on the FedEx truck that was late!!!!!

MERICA!

1bf58a96552bc49f550d9e49396f17b7.jpg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Have fun shooting that thing and get ready, going to be a hard hitting thumper with that short barrel!

Nothing quite like the thump of a .45-70. They really start to be a handful when you load em up hot. Fun stuff - enjoy it Telum!

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That thing is sexy. I've always wanted a stainless marlin 1895 myself. When you shoot a deer/hog with it I expect pictures!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Great looking,extremely functional weapon you have there sir. Handloaded,and nowadays,even some factory loadings are kick ass.
    Would suggest that you do not use the loading gate but drop 'em in the tube.
    NOW . . . if they would just come out with a streight stock,chambered in 500S&W Mag . . . I'd have one.
    Let us know how it shoots. ---- SAWMAN

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was going to settle for the Marlin stainless. But I wanted to hold out for the quality of the Henry. More expensive than the Marlin for sure. But I didn't want a Remlin! The Henry hard chrome plating is supposed to be a tad better than stainless. We'll see. I plan to use it like they advertise you can.
    That thing is sexy. I've always wanted a stainless marlin 1895 myself. When you shoot a deer/hog with it I expect pictures!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom