Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Muzzle Device for AR Platform chambered in 7.62x39

This might be a dumb question, but I couldn't find a good answer anywhere online.

I have a AR that I built Chambered in 7.62x39. I want to find a muzzle device for it, but I dont know if I can just add any 30 cal muzzle device to it. Most of the 30 cal either compensators or flash hiders say 308.

My gut feeling is 7.62 is 7.62, so it shouldn't really matter as long as I go with a 30 cal device. Can any of the experienced members give me their input?

Id like to not spend $80 on something I cant use.

Thanks!

2. Likes Longtooth's Post:

You had it right. Any .30 cal muzzle device will work, provided you have the correct thread pitch. I’m assuming it’s 5/8x24?

If in doubt, usually the product descriptions will include suitable calibers for the muzzle device.

4. Likes Fear21's Post:

i believe it is 5/8"X24

6. Likes Jester896's Post:

Thanks for the help guys!

45 ACP
    I think you will need to make sure it is for the AR. I think I remember that the muzzle devices for the SKS/AK is reverse threads from the ARs.....Anyway good luck with the build. I really love my AR 7.62x39!
    Last edited by Luv2Hunt; 05-14-2018 at 02:05 PM. Reason: remove info

9. Likes Luv2Hunt's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Hunt View Post
    I think you will need to make sure it is for the AR. I think I remember that the muzzle devices for the SKS/AK is reverse threads from the ARs.....Anyway good luck with the build. I really love my AR 7.62x39!
    It really is a ton of fun to shoot. My only struggle is finding good mags for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Longtooth View Post
    It really is a ton of fun to shoot. My only struggle is finding good mags for it.
    http://www.ammosc.com/7-62-x-39-30-rd-magazine-ar/

As seedy as ASC's start was, it was legal, and, well C-products hasn't recovered like they could have (Ive talked to the principals at C products about this). That out of the way, their product is excellent, and although the mags are in stock and selling for $22 on their website, if you shop around and get on notification lists (ie. gunmagwharehouse) you should be able to pick them up for around $17/each.

45 ACP
    I have 3 C Products 5 rounders I’ve shot most and 2 ASC 30 rounders I’ve only shot one time. Never a hitch with the C Products. One of the ASCs worked okay and the other didn’t feed properly. If I order any more it’ll be C Products.

13. Likes Luv2Hunt's Post: