APOD Firearms

Field & Stream magazine wants it known they are not tied to Dick’s Field & Stream sto

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read today that some gun manufacturers are discontinuing business with Dick's, I think Mossberg and H&K were the first ones to start this trend.

Actually its Springfield instead of H&K. Though H&K may be doing it too, I am not sure. I have heard Springfield did it last week, and this week Mossberg and Hi-Point did it (or whatever the parent company of Hi-Point is). I would love to see them all do it.. gun and ammo companies!

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do not know if true or not, but it is rumored that Ruger is asking its distributors to refrain from dealing with dicks and it's field and stream stores.

Just found this:

"We have had a number of inquiries about whether we plan to discontinue sales to Dick's Sporting Goods. We do not sell to Dick's. Ruger utilizes a two-step distribution system in which we sell to independent, federally licensed distributors, who sell to independent, federally licensed retailers. Because the distributors are independent, we cannot control where they sell the products they acquire. However, we share your concerns about how Dick's is conducting itself and are disappointed by their recent actions. Given Dick's recent pronouncements, we expect it is safe to assume that you will not be seeing Ruger firearms in their stores.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,

Chris Killoy
    Ruger CEO"

Last edited:

Members online

Top Bottom