• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Every time we go I wonder what Adolf was thinking, he already had a kick ass country. Me and my son go every other year in September/October and hit the festivals. FYI IMHO the one in Stuttgart is better than the one in Munich. They are at the same time, so you can hit them both if you want. We tried to do a then and now of this photo at the Eagles nest :).

Attachments

• Hitler and Eva.JPG
      Hitler and Eva.JPG
      94.9 KB · Views: 165

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would have loved to hit the Oktoberfest when I was there but we were so short handed we rarely got a whole weekend off. I did make it some of the local beer and wine fest the villages would hold. It was refreshing to be around Germans that weren't tainted from living close to idiot GIs. Had several an old German stand up and salute me.

Rick

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I've always wanted to go to Germany... beautiful country, people, and culture. Not to mention the food! I've had a few "authentic" German dishes here Stateside, but I'm sure they don't compare.

Thanks for sharing, m4a1.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I spent some time there right after the wall went down. I found the college age kids were very receptive to Americans. However, the older Germans were sometimes quite nasty. Of course the older Germans I speak of were WWII survivors. Some of the same age group I really enjoyed. Spent a night in a ancient pub drinking with an old Nazi soldier. He didn't speak any English. He was so drunk he would fall asleep with his head on the bar room table. Then wake up and give the Heil Hitler. Yeah, I really enjoyed the various times I went there. The stunningly beautiful countryside, traditions, food and beverages.

Top Bottom