• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NavyBlue12

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking to buy a used, but fairly good to excellent condition handgun. Looking to spend 250-300$ right now. Open to any gun makes and models.

Text me at (470)-230-7011

-In Mobile

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Keep your eye on Armslist, you can find some really good deals in your local area.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can see getting scammed on mail order sites, but how do you get scammed on Armslist, there all face to face within whatever state your in? Every time I've used it, I simply hand the guy the cash and he hands me the gun? It's great, no sales tax, no shipping costs, no dealer fees, etc. And since there is no dealer markup you can get some really good deals. Frankly, given the current anti-gun hysteria, I'm surprised they haven't shut it down yet. I just got a smoking good deal on a Walther from a guy in Tallahassee last week.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I can see getting scammed on mail order sites, but how do you get scammed on Armslist, there all face to face within whatever state your in? Every time I've used it, I simply hand the guy the cash and he hands me the gun? It's great, no sales tax, no shipping costs, no dealer fees, etc. And since there is no dealer markup you can get some really good deals. Frankly, given the current anti-gun hysteria, I'm surprised they haven't shut it down yet. I just got a smoking good deal on a Walther from a guy in Tallahassee last week.

They seem to have gotten it under control lately, but not too long ago there was a big influx of fake posts. There was also an "escrow" type scam going around, then people from out of state trying to send half the money now half later, etc etc

Basically anyone that has even a modicum of caution would be able to easily avoid such things, but the scams are out there.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Face to Face is the way to go. When dealing with a unknown seller I recommend you take a BBWG (Backup Buddy With Gun) for assignment just outside the frag pattern. Seller need not know. Some of you didn't, Lol.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Face to Face is the way to go. When dealing with a unknown seller I recommend you take a BBWG (Backup Buddy With Gun) for assignment just outside the frag pattern. Seller need not know. Some of you didn't, Lol.

I have handled a few face to face meet ups this way before with unknown sellers I had not dealt with before. Each meet up with some one I went to that I had never dealt with before, I was always armed and if I had a buddy with me, they were armed as well. I also gathered as much info on them before the meet such as vehicle they would be driving, meet site and passed that info on to my wife in case things went south with the meet. Also I always let someone know, a buddy, or my wife, when I arrived at the site for the meet and when the deal was done and was on my way back home.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You just can't be to cautious. There are only a couple of places that I'll meet someone that I don't know whether I'm buying or selling .

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Looking to buy a used, but fairly good to excellent condition handgun. Looking to spend 250-300$ right now. Open to any gun makes and models.

Text me at (470)-230-7011

-In Mobile

If you could spend $400, there is a nice Walther PPQ listed in the firearms for sale. I have two Walther and they are fine pistols with great triggers.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I was on a limited budget, wanted as close to new condition, great reviews and could squeeze a a little more or wait another payday:
    I would buy a BRAND NEW CANTIK semi auto. Read some reviews. See some prices at 2nd link. More then one Reviewer has mentioned that Cantik is now producing quality firearms at very econimical prices and Glock should watch out! I don't own a Cantik but the models and pricing keep my attention, so I read every article with the Cantik brand name. Worth a look.

Sample Review (start a 3 min mark) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Qw-oAQBac

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/Canik?view=list

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As pointed out, no way to get scammed in a face to face...maybe robbed, but not scammed. I've bought and sold a few to private parties, and i'm always cautious. I've backed out of a couple transactions because they just didn't feel right or there were last minute excuses for a lower price. Just have be alert and whether or not the transaction is feeling right. Honest people on he up and up will make the experience a good one.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems to me all these dire warnings are feeding into the anti-gun frenzy, as if the fact that someone owns a gun and wants to sell it somehow makes him a potential murder crazed maniac. You get all this advice about making sure you take a backup swat team with you and line up air support. If you say your going to go buy a car, refrigerator, lawn mower, barbie doll or whatever people say have a good trip and make sure you try and talk him down on the price, oh and pick up a gallon of milk on your way back.

I'm not sure why you should exercise any more due diligence or caution when buying a gun from somebody over any other inanimate object. I mean what would keep the guy selling the lawn mower from pulling out a gun, shooting you, and taking your $50.00? I don't think it would help if you said hey the ad said a lawn mower, nothing about a gun :doh:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems to me all these dire warnings are feeding into the anti-gun frenzy, as if the fact that someone owns a gun and wants to sell it somehow makes him a potential murder crazed maniac. You get all this advice about making sure you take a backup swat team with you and line up air support. If you say your going to go buy a car, refrigerator, lawn mower, barbie doll or whatever people say have a good trip and make sure you try and talk him down on the price, oh and pick up a gallon of milk on your way back.

I'm not sure why you should exercise any more due diligence or caution when buying a gun from somebody over any other inanimate object. I mean what would keep the guy selling the lawn mower from pulling out a gun, shooting you, and taking your $50.00? I don't think it would help if you said hey the ad said a lawn mower, nothing about a gun :doh:

Word.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I do the same precautions regardless if I am buying/selling a firearm or some other object. Drove 2hrs to purchase a used generator from a guy. Before that, I drove twenty minutes to purchase a flat bottom boat. The same methods of precaution was used on both of those transactions as well. The only person I trust is me until the other person earns my trust.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

People pass on security/protection/safety information for phones, credit cards, computers, situational awareness and probably thousands of other tips. A firearm is not the same as a your lawn mower or dorm fridge. There is a higher level of responsibility required, based on what it is. Leave CDs in your truck overnight: no biggie. Leave your gun in the truck overnight: poor judgement IMHO. Its a bit harder for BGs to get guns then other common objects. Ripoffs, robberies and worse happen frequently with unknown players responding to ads. Society is not like living in Mayberry anymore. The sky's not falling but crap happens and many of us CC for that reason lone. Be heedless or tread cautiously: advice is always FWIW to the Reader.

Back to topic.

Top Bottom