Target Sports

Live artilery shell found in shed locally...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the last set of pics, the third one to be exact. I spotted the rifle grenade lanching apparatus with the grenade. What rifle does it work with?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most of my life...
    Since you are local I have something I going give away. It is a strange magazine I picked up at a testing site at the joliet army ammunition plant during clean up work. There was still some developmental work going on by Aliant there in the late 90's. When I come across it I will pm you. I live in pace.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nice 904 fuze ya got there. Had my hands on thousands of those back in the day!

Yea pretty neat. Forgot where I got that from. It's amazing some of the tech in the older WWI and WWII fuzes.

Since you are local I have something I going give away. It is a strange magazine I picked up at a testing site at the joliet army ammunition plant during clean up work. There was still some developmental work going on by Aliant there in the late 90's. When I come across it I will pm you. I live in pace.

Thanks look forward to seeing it.

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Crazy thing is I see a lot of the foreign countries still using a lot of these older munitions. They are slowly procuring newer but still use the old stuff.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Crazy thing is I see a lot of the foreign countries still using a lot of these older munitions. They are slowly procuring newer but still use the old stuff.
    The military forces of many countries can not count on the generosity of the american tax payer. Munitions are not cheap.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Found some more cool stuff at the Flee Market. What do you all think these 38 special crimped round is??? I'm thinking a blank or rat shot? Not gonna shoot them they are for the collection.

Pics...

w4tGyFA.jpg

H5SQJYX.jpg

IbxIiH0.jpg

g91VxHg.jpg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the crimped .38s are blanks. Short for a practical shot load, but one never knows. Yes, I would not shoot them for sure.

g91VxHgmaybe blank 38.jpg

Attachments

• g91VxHgmaybe blank 38.jpg
      g91VxHgmaybe blank 38.jpg
      38.5 KB · Views: 89

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is a link on how to make blank loadings https://www.starlinebrass.com/articles/Making-Blank-Ammo/

Picture of some blanks loadings
    View attachment 64054

That is a great link. Answered a lot of questions I always wondered about. I was sure interested is the 1/2 mile golf ball launcher. Sure help improve your golf game....if nobodies looking! Having done a pile of work on Eglin I began to wonder after a while if you could dig anywhere on the place and not find something. On some stuff they used ground penetrating radar ahead of us and we still dug up ordinance. I ran over a 100 pound bomb once with a dozer, left track marks on it, called the EOD guys and it was live. They blew it in place and we went back to work. We never ran over anything and set it off but the chance exists I suppose.

Top Bottom