• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    President Ollie, hmmm...

Retired Marine Lt. Col. Oliver North, a central figure of the Iran-Contra affair in the 1980s, will become president of the National Rifle Association in coming weeks, the NRA announced.

North, a member of the NRA board, author, and political commentator, plans to retire from Fox News immediately to take on the role. North will take over from NRA President Pete Brownell, who is not seeking a second term.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...to-become-president-of-the-nra/?noredirect=on

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure what to think of that. But then again, for the past few years I have not really known what to think of the nra itself.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He is certainly a mixed bag.

The nra itself is definitely a mixed bag. Over the past 1 or 2 years I dont know if I can trust them with our 2nd admendment rights. Seems to me like they are more about fund raising to pay their officers. Have not been a member of the nra since 1995 and do not plan on rejoining.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who do y'all support out in Louisiana?

chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The nra itself is definitely a mixed bag. Over the pasty 1 or 2 years I dont know if I can trust them with our 2nd admendment rights. Seems to me like they are more about fund raising to pay their officers. Have not been a member of the nra since 1995 and do not plan on rejoining.

I have kept my membership current and Ollie was ultimately acquitted, but I agree about their funding greed. After the bump stock surrender I wonder about their support for the 2nd Amendment. Wayne needs to go, he has been around way to long and in my opinion he has taken the NRA into the wrong direction.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    North is controversial for sure. But the people most against him are those that tend not to support gun rights. I am not politically savvy enough to say if North being NRA president is a good thing or not. It is basically figure head position and the real power is elsewhere.
    I read he was convicted, but the convictions were overturned
    North served as a National Security Council staff member under president Ronald Reagan and was investigated for his participation in the illegal sale of weapons to Iran in exchange for the release of Americans held hostage in Lebanon. North was convicted on multiple charges but the convictions were later reversed of vacated, and all charges were dismissed in 1991.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nra-names-oliver-north-next-president/ar-AAwU8df?ocid=spartanntp

Top Bottom