• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The first build I did for my Wife was over 9 pounds and she never shot it. Sold it and built this one. It weighed in at what I thought was ultra lightweight at 5 pounds, 13.2 ounces. My Wife loves it and likes shooting it, so that is the real test for me.. I have found out that some are below the 4 pound mark! Maybe one day, but this is great for now.

Finished rifle.jpg
    just under 6.jpg

Mag Tactical lower, Hogue stock, cmmg lpk, CMC trigger, Faxon 16" gunner pencil barrel, Samson lightweight gas block Armaspec stealth Recoil spring, Venom Defense Titan titanium muzzle brake, Cobratac scout carbon pro handguard. Bear
    Creek dual Charging upper. Just a little crazy, but we like it!

Attachments

• Finished rifle.jpg
      Finished rifle.jpg
      20.3 KB · Views: 367
    • just under 6.jpg
      just under 6.jpg
      70.8 KB · Views: 361

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice! Where were you able to find that upper? Everywhere I look says out of stock.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dude that's awesome, nice build. Faxon barrels are the best, I have three right now.

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks! I'm new to the red dot world, so after playing with some really cheap ones, I put a Vortex Venom on it with a UTG ulltralight riser.. Taking some getting used to and thats why its so close to the stock, so its easier for my Wife to find and use the dot.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    After some practice and "learning curve" shooting with a red dot is great.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bushmaster Carbon 15 is right at 5 lbs too... Most folks that pick mine up are impressed at the feel, but then many think if it's light it's junk...

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just before Bushmaster obtained the rights to the Carbon 15 I had one (can't remember the maker name). I could not get it to chamber a soft point bullet reliably so I got rid of it, otherwise I thought it was great. When the seller handed the case to me I swore it was empty! Hopefully Bushmaster fixed that problem with soft points.

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Windam Arms makes a carbon fiber lower. Very light and the reviews of the company are very good!

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Windam Arms makes a carbon fiber lower. Very light and the reviews of the company are very good!
    Got one for my wife, looks like everything but the barrel is carbon fiber. Real light and easy to handle. You can't use any other upper because of the thickness of the carbon fiber lower but that's not a real problem with me.

xenscott

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mines a lefty. It’s a bear creek upper with Faxon 14.5” shooter profile with permanent brake. I’ll be putting a holosun 510c on it. I used the 3x prism just to shoot it and check accuracy. It’s on a SIG M400 lower but that will change to an Anderson I just built. I’m just waiting on the Larue MBT to get here.

I’m going to do a precision build for the M400 lower. It’s probably the best lower I have used.

Attachments

• D7CA8C23-DB66-438B-A2EF-6821CCBEF0B3.jpg
      D7CA8C23-DB66-438B-A2EF-6821CCBEF0B3.jpg
      159.3 KB · Views: 139
    • 7EEFB123-6F03-40FB-9AC5-216542CB8352.jpg
      7EEFB123-6F03-40FB-9AC5-216542CB8352.jpg
      198.8 KB · Views: 134

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The first build I did for my Wife was over 9 pounds and she never shot it. Sold it and built this one. It weighed in at what I thought was ultra lightweight at 5 pounds, 13.2 ounces. My Wife loves it and likes shooting it, so that is the real test for me.. I have found out that some are below the 4 pound mark! Maybe one day, but this is great for now.

Mag Tactical lower, Hogue stock, cmmg lpk, CMC trigger, Faxon 16" gunner pencil barrel, Samson lightweight gas block Armaspec stealth Recoil spring, Venom Defense Titan titanium muzzle brake, Cobratac scout carbon pro handguard. Bear
    Creek dual Charging upper. Just a little crazy, but we like it!

What was the ballpark amount of $$$ to build this rifle...it looks very well done.

Top Bottom