• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have great urge to to contact Dicks. I would like to pretend that I'm an anti-gun nut and demand that they destroy all of their stock of shotguns because of the school shooting in Texas. They did it to their AR's. Why not their shotguns? DICKS upper management are truly dicks!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have great urge to to contact Dicks. I would like to pretend that I'm an anti-gun nut and demand that they destroy all of their stock of shotguns because of the school shooting in Texas. They did it to their AR's. Why not their shotguns? DICKS upper management are truly dicks!

I like it, let us know what they say/

cablechris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I own a non profit that will take care of them for you! They will be disposed of properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My daily stock market report I get in email said Dick's Sporting Goods would be releasing an earnings report before the opening bell today, hopefully their earnings have tanked!

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My daily stock market report I get in email said Dick's Sporting Goods would be releasing an earnings report before the opening bell today, hopefully their earnings have tanked!

According to some reports, up 28%.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looks like Dick's is losing money and they settled a lawsuit brought on by a 20 year old they denied selling a gun too. If you're between 18-20 and live in a state where you can still by a gun at 18 I'd attempt it at Dick's and let them turn you down and sue their ass. Wish I knew how much they settled with that 20 year old for!

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...mpaign=wideopen&utm_content=[[rssitem_title]]

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like Dick's is losing money and they settled a lawsuit brought on by a 20 year old they denied selling a gun too. If you're between 18-20 and live in a state where you can still by a gun at 18 I'd attempt it at Dick's and let them turn you down and sue their ass. Wish I knew how much they settled with that 20 year old for!

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...mpaign=wideopen&utm_content=[[rssitem_title]]
    Great news that someone sued them for illegal acts. Anyone of power and influence that uses their power and influence to attack the 2nd amendment should be held to account for it. I have never entered the new dicks near me in Pace, FL. People have very short memories on those in industry, business, and politics that are or have attacked our rights.

The modern phase of attack on assault rifle began with this jerko. Dicks and other anti 'assault weapons' pushers are folowing the lead from 1989 started by the first Bush administration.

U.S. Bars Import of Assault Guns : Temporary Ban on Semiautomatic Arms Imposed at Bennett's Urging
    March 15, 1989|DOUGLAS JEHL and CATHLEEN DECKER | Times Staff Writers

WASHINGTON — In the first federal attempt to curb the spread of assault weapons, the Bush Administration Tuesday imposed an immediate ban on the importation of more than 110,000 AK-47s, Uzi carbines and other semiautomatic rifles until the government decides whether they are suitable for "sporting purposes."

The surprise action, taken less than a month after President Bush had declared his opposition to banning the weapons, temporarily halts the supply of new semiautomatic rifles and carbines until an intergovernmental dispute on their fate can be resolved.

The order permits the continued production and sale of the American-made AR-15, as well as the sale of Chinese- and Israeli-produced weapons already in stores and warehouses.

Bennett Moves Quickly

The action by the Treasury Department's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms was taken at the urging of the nation's top anti-drug officer, William J. Bennett, who has moved quickly in his first two days in office to impose his agenda across all branches of government.
    http://articles.latimes.com/1989-03-15/news/mn-550_1_assault-weapons

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One thing that pleased me was the fate of kmart vs walmart. Kmart took antigun stances. Walmart did also, but to much lesser degree. See which one went out of business. Walmart stores are my first place to look for ammunition and then the internet. Kmart, was a big hassle and eventually the gun section was almost nothing. Glad to see them gone.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Congrats on the "self-restraint" of waiting until today to resume your Bush 41 hatred-spewing.

To be fair, you should direct your hatred of import bans due to "sporting purposes" back to its origin: the 1968 Gun Control Act.

Or, at least acknowledge the fact that this was an IMPORT ban, and not a ban on the US manufacture of IDENTICAL weapons.

I'm not a fan of infringement either, but he didn't pull that legal verbiage out of thin-air. The 1968 GCA and the 1934 NFA are BOTH seeds of unrest that need to be dug-up and dealt with.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I for sure am not a fan of the 68 gun control passed by LBJ. LBJ did not run on a pro-gun platform or say read my lips, no new taxes. OF course he had his own line of BS that I do not respect and I did not shed any tears when he died either. A man that runs on false campaign promises is nothing new, and such will never get any respect from me live or dead.
    LBJ was even a bigger crook
    For most of his political life, Lyndon B Johnson wore a second world war military decoration for valour under fire despite never having seen combat, an investigation broadcast on CNN yesterday revealed.

LBJ was awarded the Silver Star, the third-highest US combat medal, for a 1942 fact-finding mission over the Pacific while he was a Texas congressman and an acting lieutenant commander in the navy.

The citation, issued in the name of General Douglas MacArthur, said the plane, a B-26 bomber, was "intercepted by eight hostile fighters" and that Johnson "evidenced coolness".

In fact, according to surviving members of the crew, the plane developed mechanical problems before reaching its target and never came under fire. No other crew member received a medal for the mission. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/jul/06/internationaleducationnews.humanities
    George Herbert Walker Bush did have real military record and that is to be respected unlike some aspects of his political career.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The sons of big shots that wanted to be successful at one time, especially in politics wanted a military record. JFK was famous for his PT109, Bush senior did real combat, his son not so much, Cary did his thing, even gore was in about the time of Vietnam. LBJ stole his medal lol. Serving you country is not wrong. Often victorious generals or other military leaders got high office. Like Tippecanoe and Tyler Too. In my life time Eisenhower is an example.
    One should take real military service for what it is, but that is certainly not the most important facet when I vote for someone to defend my rights in public office.
    Family history of Bush family. A wealthy and politically well connected family for sure.
    Prescott Sheldon Bush (May 15, 1895 – October 8, 1972) was an American banker and politician.[1] After working as a Wall Street executive investment banker, he represented Connecticut in the United States Senate from 1952 to 1963. A member of the Bush family, he was the father of President George H. W. Bush and the paternal grandfather of President George W. Bush and Governor Jeb Bush.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Personally I wish the requirements for the presidency included at least 4 years of honorably service in one of our military branches before you could even qualify to run for President.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    George H. W. Bush was directly connected to the assassination of JFK.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    George H. W. Bush was directly connected to the assassination of JFK.
    I have not watched the film yet. I never heard that charge before. He did at one time head the CIA if remember right. The fact is a lot of people were certainly involved the aftermath of the cover up including a prominent member of the supreme court. I will watch the film, but i tend to be cautious when ever conspiracy charges are being made.
    The entire liberal mass media is eulogizing the man which tells me he most likely was rotten. They know who their friends for sure.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have not watched the film yet. I never heard that charge before. He did at one time head the CIA if remember right. The fact is a lot of people were certainly involved the aftermath of the cover up including a prominent member of the supreme court. I will watch the film, but i tend to be cautious when ever conspiracy charges are being made.
    The entire liberal mass media is eulogizing the man which tells me he most likely was rotten. They know who their friends for sure.
    I started the clip that is too long and it is full of pro JFK propaganda. I want the facts and will do some reading instead. I just want the details of any real evidence that might exist and not a dog and pony show.
    By the way JFK was an NRA member and he did purchase and M1 Garand rifle through the old DCM (Department of Civilian Marksmanship). The democratic party was not an antigun party at the time. The surviving Kennedys and LBJ were responsible for that change in direction IMHO.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Start at the 47:40 mark and that's where they start connecting the dots, but I do recommend watching the whole video when you have time.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Start at the 47:40 mark and that's where they start connecting the dots, but I do recommend watching the whole video when you have time.
    I watched a little more of it. The general scheme of things relative to the JF Kennedy assassination are true. It did come from the CIA and anti-Castro Cubans were also involved. The specific details I do not know and I also do not know if charges being made against Bush Sr are absolutely true or not. The problem is if the government lied about Oswald being a lone gunman working all by himself, then the sky is the limit as to what "might" have happened. So what I am hearing is more like a prosecutors presentation before a grande jury trying to get an indictment for racketeering.
    If Prescott Bush was connected to Allen Dulles I would assume he was dirty. A. Dulles was connected to banking dealing with the third reich going back to 1936 and the financing the rearmament of Germany. There were strong financial ties between some large german industries and their American counterparts. All sorts of things are possible, but knowing the precise details of who, what, when, where, and how are elusive.

I have talked to former service people that had stories to tell that were incredible and they might has actually been true. There is some wet work said to be sourced locally in Mobile, AL for example from Marines or at least 20 years ago I was told. I have heard stories from lebonon and blowing up bridges in North Korea. One just does not know what to believe.
    End conclusion, the accusation against exPres Bush Sr could be true or not.

But he was certainly not a friend of the bill or rights and told lies to get elected.

PS there is an old saying about a sucker being born everyminue and the way we both elect and honor politicians proves that.
    Perhaps you can not fool all of the people all of the time, but history proves that clever well connected people can fool enough of them to get elected. this goes back to at least the time of the Caesars during the Roman Republic and then the Empire.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom