Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    45 ACP
    I have great urge to to contact Dicks. I would like to pretend that I'm an anti-gun nut and demand that they destroy all of their stock of shotguns because of the school shooting in Texas. They did it to their AR's. Why not their shotguns? DICKS upper management are truly dicks!

Quote Originally Posted by moron1 View Post
    I have great urge to to contact Dicks. I would like to pretend that I'm an anti-gun nut and demand that they destroy all of their stock of shotguns because of the school shooting in Texas. They did it to their AR's. Why not their shotguns? DICKS upper management are truly dicks!
    I like it, let us know what they say/
    John 15:13 "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

You live and learn or you don't live long....

Quote Originally Posted by moron1 View Post
    I own a non profit that will take care of them for you! They will be disposed of properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daily stock market report I get in email said Dick's Sporting Goods would be releasing an earnings report before the opening bell today, hopefully their earnings have tanked!
    Proud American and Air Force Veteran

5. 2 Like Viking1204's Post:

50 CAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking1204 View Post
    My daily stock market report I get in email said Dick's Sporting Goods would be releasing an earnings report before the opening bell today, hopefully their earnings have tanked!
    According to some reports, up 28%.

Probably need to wait and see what happens next quarter as this quarter was mostly over when they pissed off the 2nd amendment crowd.

Looks like Dick's is losing money and they settled a lawsuit brought on by a 20 year old they denied selling a gun too. If you're between 18-20 and live in a state where you can still by a gun at 18 I'd attempt it at Dick's and let them turn you down and sue their ass. Wish I knew how much they settled with that 20 year old for!

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...em_title%5D%5D
    Last edited by Viking1204; 12-06-2018 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking1204 View Post
    Looks like Dick's is losing money and they settled a lawsuit brought on by a 20 year old they denied selling a gun too. If you're between 18-20 and live in a state where you can still by a gun at 18 I'd attempt it at Dick's and let them turn you down and sue their ass. Wish I knew how much they settled with that 20 year old for!

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...em_title%5D%5D
    Great news that someone sued them for illegal acts. Anyone of power and influence that uses their power and influence to attack the 2nd amendment should be held to account for it. I have never entered the new dicks near me in Pace, FL. People have very short memories on those in industry, business, and politics that are or have attacked our rights.

The modern phase of attack on assault rifle began with this jerko. Dicks and other anti 'assault weapons' pushers are folowing the lead from 1989 started by the first Bush administration.

U.S. Bars Import of Assault Guns : Temporary Ban on Semiautomatic Arms Imposed at Bennett's Urging
    March 15, 1989|DOUGLAS JEHL and CATHLEEN DECKER | Times Staff Writers

WASHINGTON — In the first federal attempt to curb the spread of assault weapons, the Bush Administration Tuesday imposed an immediate ban on the importation of more than 110,000 AK-47s, Uzi carbines and other semiautomatic rifles until the government decides whether they are suitable for "sporting purposes."

The surprise action, taken less than a month after President Bush had declared his opposition to banning the weapons, temporarily halts the supply of new semiautomatic rifles and carbines until an intergovernmental dispute on their fate can be resolved.

The order permits the continued production and sale of the American-made AR-15, as well as the sale of Chinese- and Israeli-produced weapons already in stores and warehouses.

Bennett Moves Quickly

The action by the Treasury Department's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms was taken at the urging of the nation's top anti-drug officer, William J. Bennett, who has moved quickly in his first two days in office to impose his agenda across all branches of government.
    http://articles.latimes.com/1989-03-...ssault-weapons

One thing that pleased me was the fate of kmart vs walmart. Kmart took antigun stances. Walmart did also, but to much lesser degree. See which one went out of business. Walmart stores are my first place to look for ammunition and then the internet. Kmart, was a big hassle and eventually the gun section was almost nothing. Glad to see them gone.

Congrats on the "self-restraint" of waiting until today to resume your Bush 41 hatred-spewing.

To be fair, you should direct your hatred of import bans due to "sporting purposes" back to its origin: the 1968 Gun Control Act.

Or, at least acknowledge the fact that this was an IMPORT ban, and not a ban on the US manufacture of IDENTICAL weapons.

I'm not a fan of infringement either, but he didn't pull that legal verbiage out of thin-air. The 1968 GCA and the 1934 NFA are BOTH seeds of unrest that need to be dug-up and dealt with.
    Never under-estimate the Will and Ingenuity of the Oppressed...

12. 2 Like Snake-Eyes's Post: