• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is weird. Trump had his bodyguard, a lawyer and a third man, raid his own doctor's office. The doctor had been Trump's personal doctor for 35 years:

In February 2017, a top White House aide who was Trump's longtime personal bodyguard, along with the top lawyer at the Trump Organization and a third man, showed up at the office of Trump's New York doctor without notice and took all the president's medical records.

The incident, which Dr. Harold Bornstein described as a "raid," took place two days after Bornstein told a newspaper that he had prescribed a hair growth medicine for the president for years.

In an exclusive interview in his Park Avenue office, Bornstein told NBC News that he felt "raped, frightened and sad" when Keith Schiller and another "large man" came to his office to collect the president's records on the morning of Feb. 3, 2017. At the time, Schiller, who had long worked as Trump's bodyguard, was serving as director of Oval Office operations at the White House.

"They must have been here for 25 or 30 minutes. It created a lot of chaos," Bornstein said, who described the incident as frightening.

Bornstein said he was not given a form authorizing the release of the records and signed by the president —known as a HIPAA release — which is a violation of patient privacy law. A person familiar with the matter said there was a letter to Bornstein from then-White House doctor Ronny Jackson, but didn't know if there was a release form attached.

Bornstein said the original and only copy of Trump's charts, including lab reports under Trump's name as well as under the pseudonyms his office used for Trump, were taken.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...fice-took-medical-files/ar-AAwBfK9?li=BBnb7Kz

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea, I see it's all over the news sites now. The weirdness never stops. I'm guessing more crimes were committed here, and also that this is the reason Keith Schiller suddenly resigned with no explanation some months ago.

Just never seems to end. Like I said earlier, I don't see how Mueller is ever going to be able to wrap things up with new stories coming out every week.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ....two days after Bornstein told a newspaper that he had prescribed a hair growth medicine for the president for years.

First and foremost the doctor was in violation of patient confidentiality by releasing any info of his patient to anyone that did not need the info to further the care of the patient.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First and foremost the doctor was in violation of patient confidentiality by releasing any info of his patient to anyone that did not need the info to further the care of the patient.

Don't disagree. But there are legal ways to handle such an improper disclosure. What occurred was not one of them.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like there's some legal exposure here:

NBC News legal analyst Danny Cevallos said that patients generally own their medical information, but the original record is the property of the provider. "New York state law requires that a doctor maintain records for at least six years so a doctor who hands over his original records runs the risk of violating New York state law," said Cevallos.

Bornstein said the original and only copy of Trump's charts, including lab reports under Trump's name as well as under the pseudonyms his office used for Trump, were taken.

New York? Guess this will be another case for the SDNY. Man, when Trump said he was gonna create jobs, this isn't what I was expecting.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the excuse for the raid was to give copies of the records to Dr. Jackson, Trump's new (at the time) physician. However, the originals should have been left with the first doctor and Trump's men should have only been given copies. This assumes that all of the appropriate waivers were signed.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like they stole his original records (by force) so they could deny any use of Rogaine or whatever it was.

Another in a huge series of rookie mistakes. This one's liable to end up with felony charges, over...... Personal vanity....

I'm starting to get on board with the term "stupid Watergate"

Correction: "Propecia"

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was going to say that I don't see how he's getting any sane legal advice on stuff like this, but..... It's obvious that he's not getting any legal advice at all. Or just disregarding it.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stupidgate!

I do wonder though, this would seem to be a state law violation not a Federal law violation. Unless the crossing state lines turns this criminal enterprise into a Federal matter.

One way or another it is just another self inflicted wound. How can Trump do anything for the people who elected him (i.e. advance the protection of our gun rights for example) when he keeps tripping over his own long red tie like this.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At first I was going to agree with you but then, HIPAA is federal. So, probably exposure in both jurisdictions.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't disagree. But there are legal ways to handle such an improper disclosure. What occurred was not one of them.

Oh, I definitely agree with you on that! Just because the doc was wrong on releasing confidential info of his patient does not give the raiders the right to raid and confiscate the records.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The HIPPA requirement places the onus on the doctor's office not to disclose information. In this case, I think the doctor should be in the clear. The records were stolen from him. I guess Trump's agents could be busted but they were clearing acting at his request so that one seems weak. Who knows. Did you catch the part where the doctor stated that Trumps records were kept under an alias. I wonder what the alias was?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1. His thugs having possession of the records was a HIPAA violation. Unless of course he properly filled out a designation of healthcare surrogate form, had it notarized, etc. I think we can be pretty sure that legal requirement was ignored.

2. Well, David Dennison? Or John Baron? Or John Miller. He's used all three.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The HIPPA requirement places the onus on the doctor's office not to disclose information. In this case, I think the doctor should be in the clear.

Except for when the doc released the info of the hair growth prescription info to the newspaper/media. By that account, I dont think he is in the clear according to HIPPA. As for as the records being confiscated, he should be okay on that issue.

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought that he had been cleared to release that info to the press. I thought it was done to rebut claims that Trump was not mentally competent or was off of his meds or something similar.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought that he had been cleared to release that info to the press. I thought it was done to rebut claims that Trump was not mentally competent or was off of his meds or something similar.

To be honest, I dont know and can not argue that point.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Two weeks after his Inauguration, the POTUS took his medical records from a doctor who proved he couldn't be trusted with them. If you seriously find fault with the POTUS protecting his medical information, there's not much more to be discussed.

You are definitely "glass is mostly empty" kinda folks...

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just saw a news interview with that doc. From what I saw in my opinion, that doc is/was, a fricken' drug head or mentally incapacitated in other ways and should not be in charge of any one's medical records much less being a doctor! During the interview he was very lethargic. He appeared to be "high" during the interview! Hell, just on that I would have raided his office and snatched my own medical records regardless if legal or not to do so.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This has to be about more than the Propecia. Ronnie Jackson said that Trump was on Propecia in his "OMG, the President is the healthiest ever!" news conference and he got nominated to run the VA.

"When the President does it that means it's not illegal"

- former President who needed a pardon after resigning in disgrace

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This has to be about more than the Propecia. Ronnie Jackson said that Trump was on Propecia in his "OMG, the President is the healthiest ever!" news conference and he got nominated to run the VA.

"When the President does it that means it's not illegal"

- former President who needed a pardon after resigning in disgrace

Nixon I suppose?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom