• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why do I not find this surprising.
    While the companies have not finalized any policy changes, they are discussing the possibility of implementing purchase codes for gun retailers, similar to those linked to credit-card purchases at restaurants and department stores. Another policy that is reportedly under consideration would require gun retailers to share with the companies information about what specific products consumers are buying.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/credit-card-companies-gun-purchases-tracked/

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What "good reason" would credit card companies have for desiring specific information about what was purchased from a firearms/ammo business? I can't think of a single one that positive or useful for the purchaser. What I do for see is the potential to assigning derogatory credit ratings for some trumped up additional risk factor which will be used to lower credit scores and increase individual interest rates.

We can use cash or write a check Web purchases are a different story. You can send money orders, sometimes a check. I would think a Debit Card would be subject to the same B.S. even though your not using "credit/card issuer funds. I'm not sure what personel info is required for one of those prepaid but that might work.

I cut down to one credit card long ago, not much debt on it so I can pay it off and cancel it if it become a tracking tool for a anti gun financial instution. Wells Fargo (not my bank) has had a few shaky dealings and been fined a few times but they have already stated they support the 2A AND the NRA which is a common financial institution target these days.

We need to watch this closely. Watch for changes in credit company policy and Terms of Use. Often just using a Card after a change has been made is considered "acceptance" of Terms!

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    They have always been tracking tools. This is why the powers that be have tried for decades to get rid of cash and/or digitize currency.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My local LGS lets you put a gun you want on layaway and pay it off over a few months, been a long time since I used a credit/debit card for a gun purchase!

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    How long before users of cash have to produce identification that is recorded?
    That's the drive towards cashless society.

DoubleDee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's the drive towards cashless society.
    There will come a time when the government will declare a deadline for changeover to a cashless system. It may be closer than we think. Of course we were supposed to change over to the metric system the rest of the world uses and that certainly hasn't happened. Maybe it hasn't been figured out how to increase government control with the total changeover to metric. Not so with money.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    There will come a time when the government will declare a deadline for changeover to a cashless system. It may be closer than we think. Of course we were supposed to change over to the metric system the rest of the world uses and that certainly hasn't happened. Maybe it hasn't been figured out how to increase government control with the total changeover to metric. Not so with money.
    I've thought about this from time to time. I keep circling back to the idea that they haven't quite decided how to do it and make money at the same time also is our main saving grace. I say this because the corruption runs deep in the way the system is now. The Federal Reserve actually is privately owned. They make a killing on printing free money. It no longer has to be backed up by gold. Pockets are getting lined left and right. If they go to a digital currency they will also want to be the issuer and maker of that also I think. As it stands now they still get a piece of the digital pie so to speak by being the issuer of the actual real (fake) money used to buy digital money, (which is also fake lol). The digital cash being tracked cuts both ways also. It's harder to hide bribes and stuff on thier end. They seem to prefer nice suitcases of cash that's untraceable
    At least with gold or a digital cash system recognized by other countries, if China recalls thier debt you won't be totally screwed when the value of the dollar plummets. Unless our current regime finishes running us into the dirt first that is lol.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    You'd hope Wells Fargo would stay pro 2A. After all they relied heavily on the Ole coach guns to stay in business back in the day. We may see them rolling with double barrels yet again soon.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Should be a great business opportunity for a CC co. to come out and advertise that "we don't track Jack S."
    ALSO, start paying cash {a PITA ,BUT} as much as you can and when you get your CC bill, attach a note saying "I will not be using your CC any more that is necessary .
    It used to a saying, "when you've got them by the balls, their hearts and mines will follow:"
    In this case, "when you keep cutting into their bottom line, they may see the error of their ways.

Last edited:

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Also, start asking the company's that you for anything firearms related {powder,primers,brass,ect.} if they will start taking other forms of payments, ie; M/O's bank drafts/ Certified checks, and don't trust any form of electronic $$$ transfers unless there is proof that they are pro 2A.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    There will always be other forms of "currency" people will have access to that aren't government backed. Like food as a currency. Was once socially acceptable to pay the doctor with a hog. It will be again soon. They're already training the kids in video games for this. In one of my sons post apocalyptic games ammo is currency. The US Army has admitted to sponsoring these type of video games as training aids. They know what's coming

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I've thought about this from time to time. I keep circling back to the idea that they haven't quite decided how to do it and make money at the same time also is our main saving grace. I say this because the corruption runs deep in the way the system is now. The Federal Reserve actually is privately owned. They make a killing on printing free money. It no longer has to be backed up by gold. Pockets are getting lined left and right. If they go to a digital currency they will also want to be the issuer and maker of that also I think. As it stands now they still get a piece of the digital pie so to speak by being the issuer of the actual real (fake) money used to buy digital money, (which is also fake lol). The digital cash being tracked cuts both ways also. It's harder to hide bribes and stuff on thier end. They seem to prefer nice suitcases of cash that's untraceable
    At least with gold or a digital cash system recognized by other countries, if China recalls thier debt you won't be totally screwed when the value of the dollar plummets. Unless our current regime finishes running us into the dirt first that is lol.
    Government hates competition. I'm waiting for a unilateral executive order blanket statement banning all digital and crypto that's not federal digital. That's all that's needed to shut that down, overnight. Millions of billions in wealth will evaporate instantly. It's all speculation, so if you know anybody who has any crypto tell them to get out while the getting is good

Top Bottom