• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    A frind of mine just called and said they Made them Pull their guns off the tables at the Talahasse Gun Show !
    Told them they can NOT ! Buy or sell guns without being a FFL Dealer.NO Private sales at the show ! WOW ! Has anyone heard anything about this !
    Is this Just something that Liberal Talahasse has thought up ?
    Ever What"s Going on ,they have the BATF backing it.:confused:

Found this story,I guess they have gone and done it some how?
    http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrJ...0860002//RK=2/RS=a5IQ7.fEiBE7kGe1iCv83XrKtH8-

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Disturbing if true. That would mean a Federal Agency is enforcing a County Ordinance that is More Restrictive than Federal Law.

Wtf.

XD45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Florida past few years ago that no place in Florida can be more restrictive on gun laws than the state already has on the books so this sounds like it could be a little bit illegal for Tallahassee to do this

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

wareagle50

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The gun show in Tallahassee is ran by Victor Bean, the same group that runs the show here in Pensacola. If this continues, I cant imagine the Tally show staying relevant for long.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well the public doesn't have access to your vehicle, so take em to your car and conduct the transaction. Fuck the BATF.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FL Statute 790.33 is pretty clear and as withstood a few challenges already. It does have five exemptions but I don't see any of them apply to this situation. The Statute talkes about firearms businesses but also talks seperatly about sales and transfers. They must be trying to seerate out the private sales as not covered by the Preemption Law. HOWEVER, the Law starts out that they (The State) OCCUPY THE ENTIRE FIELD OF REGULATIONS for firearms and ammo et all. And that folks means private sale too!

If I recall correctly, local govs had 10 days to address issues that they wanted to retain control of. Some were allowed and those jurisdictions may only make changes to the narrow field they were allowed to retain. So if they retained Zoning authority, they could not write new laws requiring gun locks or smart guns. If the County in question did not request and get approval to regulate private firearm sales or background checks or public land use: they are in violation of the Law.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/790.33

Its got to be that local BS, we had a show I Panama City last weekend with plenty of privat sales offered on tables and carried by foot traffic.

I don't see BATFE Agents would have jurisdiction. If actually BATFE, they may have just been passing a warning about what the local idiots passed.

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Something about the new city ordinance where you can’t even talk about privately selling your gat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon county.

And at least one other Florida county. See the link to the other GCGF thread that I posted upthread.

Top Bottom