• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rebel32

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just picked up some reloading equipment on trade and I'm not sure what all I have is worth there are 2 presses 1 rcbs with dies to do tons of shells and 1 bonanza with 1 set of dies I have loads and cases bullets I have never seen just looking for some info or help

rebel32

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There more I know just in dies alone I got 300-400 plus the presses it would be greatly appreciated if someone is free over the weekend and qould.like to come over and help me identify what all I have

Last edited:

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    id consider removing the exploder picture..... if theyre what i remember them to be then they are illegal in Fl...possibly the armors as well.... someone else will chime in im sure...

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea, I dont know jack about reloading. I gotta agree with no woryz though, I think Id pull down the pic of the explody stuff and AP. Thats.....just not a conversation Id want to be having with LE.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    stuff is high on the cool factor.....FWIW...... i'm no cop or lawyer but here is whats out there..... AP appears ok cause its rifle ammo not handgun.... seems the exploder are questionable...

The 2017 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
    CRIMES
    Chapter 790
    WEAPONS AND FIREARMS
    View Entire Chapter
    790.31 Armor-piercing or exploding ammunition or dragon’s breath shotgun shells, bolo shells, or flechette shells prohibited.—
    (1) As used in this section, the term:
    (a) “Armor-piercing bullet” means any bullet which has a steel inner core or core of equivalent hardness and a truncated cone and which is designed for use in a handgun as an armor-piercing or metal-piercing bullet.
    (b) “Exploding bullet” means any bullet that can be fired from any firearm, if such bullet is designed or altered so as to detonate or forcibly break up through the use of an explosive or deflagrant contained wholly or partially within or attached to such bullet. The term does not include any bullet designed to expand or break up through the mechanical forces of impact alone or any signaling device or pest control device not designed to impact on any target.
    (c) “Handgun” means a firearm capable of being carried and used by one hand, such as a pistol or revolver.
    (d) “Dragon’s breath shotgun shell” means any shotgun shell that contains exothermic pyrophoric misch metal as the projectile and that is designed for the sole purpose of throwing or spewing a flame or fireball to simulate a flamethrower.
    (e) “Bolo shell” means any shell that can be fired in a firearm and that expels as projectiles two or more metal balls connected by solid metal wire.
    (f) “Flechette shell” means any shell that can be fired in a firearm and that expels two or more pieces of fin-stabilized solid metal wire or two or more solid dart-type projectiles.
    (2)(a) Any person who manufactures, sells, offers for sale, or delivers any armor-piercing bullet or exploding bullet, or dragon’s breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, or flechette shell is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    (b) Any person who possesses an armor-piercing bullet or exploding bullet with knowledge of its armor-piercing or exploding capabilities loaded in a handgun, or who possesses a dragon’s breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, or flechette shell with knowledge of its capabilities loaded in a firearm, is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    (c) Any person who possesses with intent to use an armor-piercing bullet or exploding bullet or dragon’s breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, or flechette shell to assist in the commission of a criminal act is guilty of a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    (3) This section does not apply to:
    (a) The possession of any item described in subsection (1) by any law enforcement officer, when possessed in connection with the performance of his or her duty as a law enforcement officer, or law enforcement agency.
    (b) The manufacture of items described in subsection (1) exclusively for sale or delivery to law enforcement agencies.
    (c) The sale or delivery of items described in subsection (1) to law enforcement agencies.
    History.—s. 1, ch. 83-253; s. 1, ch. 92-141; s. 1221, ch. 97-102.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I hate to seem negative, as there might be some good stuff there, but I'd be concerned about how the items appear to have been stored. As a reloader of 30+ years, I'd wonder about the condition of the inside of the dies (outside can be cleaned up), and I'd definitely write off the powder, primers and any loaded ammo. The presses will probably clean up ok, and I can't really tell what else might be in there. Just my unsolicited opinion from looking at the photos. I hope it's all good, and wish you good luck with it.

rebel32

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All this stuff came from Texas the dies all look good inside the presses work and operate as should just missing a powder scale and trickler

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have been looking for a set of SB .30-06...since I didn't get to see the pic...I am always looking for this or that.

rebel32

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have duplicates of most of my die sets nothing seized up just from goin a dry climate to a humid climate it got surface rust all good and cleaned up the cases and powder I'm gonna check out of it seems to be bad I'm gonna despose of jester soon as I can get all my stuff sorted I'll get some more pics up I have tons of stuff

rebel32

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let me see what all I have and have duplicates of I'll let u know I know I have a spare bonanza press

Top Bottom