Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    12 GA
    With a suppressor the 300 BLK load is about as quite a 22 LR with a suppressor. The velocity averages 1040 fps. This load won't cycle an AR.

The only reason to disarm a man is so you can force him to do something that you couldnít force him to do if he was armed.

2. Likes FLT's Post:

I purchased an inexpensive AR in 300 BLK to try out and I really enjoyed it. In addition, I have a .45cal suppressor with a thread adapter to allow me to attach it to the AR and to my .22cal...it does actually help despite the difference in bore. The .22 is amazingly quiet and the .300blk is really quiet, but not what the .22 but significantly more quiet than my 1911 in .45 acp.

Anyways, I have a nikon 223 3-9 scope and I used 2 mil dots at 100yds and 3mils to 125yds and rang steel....haven't done much loading or shooting in a bit though I will use Accurate 1680 for sonic and sub-sonic loads and either 200 or 208 grn bullets....love the versatility of that powder....as I loaded up some hunting rounds 125gr spitzers with the same powder and brass...and that one I did zero in and optimize my load.

Sellier & Bellot factory ammo is the most inexpensive ammo I could find to get started and accumulate some brass...I almost never buy brass (though I did with 300blk) and prefer to buy factory ammo to accumulate my brass. It didn't occur to me at the time, but shooting subsonic limits the range to shoot obviously so the accuracy, other than one's own desire to squeeze out the very best performance, is not much of consideration for me....I won't shoot past 150yds most likely so a mixture of brass is not much of a consideration for me and another feature of sub-sonic is the brass doesn't stretch like a supersonic load and will likely last a bunch of reloading. I do not convert .223 brass to .300 though there are a bunch of tools and videos on doing this...if one were to get into 300 blk in a big way, this would definitely be a good alternative.

A link to S&B https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...bled+Deep+Link
    Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    I got a chance to try out some subsonic 308 loads that a forum member shared with me. I was pleased with the results
    Is that the ones I sent ya???

I have very good luck with my .308 sub loads.
    NRA Lifetime Member

USAF Gulf War Vet.

12 GA
    Yes sir , it was . Thank you
    The only reason to disarm a man is so you can force him to do something that you couldnít force him to do if he was armed.

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    Yes sir , it was . Thank you
    Glad it worked out for ya... I was wondering if you ever tried it out.

I have tried all that other junk you read on the inter web like drilling out primer holes and adding filler to the powder... All a waist of time. I just keep it simple.
    Last edited by kendive; 05-12-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    NRA Lifetime Member

USAF Gulf War Vet.

22LR
    This was developed for a client that uses a Remington 700 SPS tactical 308 (20" 1 in 10 twist). Used almost exclusively for hog hunting out to 150 yds.

Federal case
    Federal 210 primer
    Sierra 150 gr prohunter bullet (#2130)
    Trailboss @ 9.5 gr (velocity 1075 fps)

Producing sub 3/4 moa @ 100 yds.

This was specificly designed for his gun. But it should be a good starting point for any interested.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleWepnz View Post
    This was developed for a client that uses a Remington 700 SPS tactical 308 (20" 1 in 10 twist). Used almost exclusively for hog hunting out to 150 yds.

Federal case
    Federal 210 primer
    Sierra 150 gr prohunter bullet (#2130)
    Trailboss @ 9.5 gr (velocity 1075 fps)

Producing sub 3/4 moa @ 100 yds.

This was specificly designed for his gun. But it should be a good starting point for any interested.
    No criticism of your work which if the rifle produces 0.5 MOA is quite good. I just wonder why the owner is happy with low end .357 pistol ballistics out of a .308. Why not go with a 220 or 250 gr bullet at 1000 fps. That was the goal of the .300 whisper subsonic loadings.

Quote Originally Posted by FrommerStop View Post
    No criticism of your work which if the rifle produces 0.5 MOA is quite good. I just wonder why the owner is happy with low end .357 pistol ballistics out of a .308. Why not go with a 220 or 250 gr bullet at 1000 fps. That was the goal of the .300 whisper subsonic loadings.
    I agree... I use a 220 gr .308 round nose bullet and a 180 gr for fun on the .308 subs. Trailboss is way too much money. 700x produces the same results for way less.
    NRA Lifetime Member

USAF Gulf War Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by kendive View Post
    I agree... I use a 220 gr .308 round nose bullet and a 180 gr for fun on the .308 subs. Trailboss is way too much money. 700x produces the same results for way less.
    How about cast bullets?

Quote Originally Posted by FrommerStop View Post
    How about cast bullets?
    Nope I buy these... I use powered coated cast 300 BO for subs just for plinking.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...ose-box-of-100
    NRA Lifetime Member

USAF Gulf War Vet.

12. Likes kendive's Post: