• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a veteran, I have grave concerns about the new nominee to head the VA. Aside from the scandals surfacing, I question his experience and the ramifications on Veterans across the nation. Example: Sacred Heart's CEO is not a doctor. Managing a large hospital is different from rendering excellent medical care. While I'm sure Dr. Jackson is a very qualified doctor, what skill-set does he bring to managing a 300,000+ person organization with such an important mission. All politics is local. While the VA still has warts, it is getting a bit better in areas. I fear we'll go stagnant because of lack of knowledgeable leadership. Beside being liked by POTUS, what makes him the most qualified person in the country to run this organization? Hell, why not have Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates or Warren Buffet run it instead if the only qualification is being good at your job......... regardless of correlation. Thought?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    first thing he should do it fire half of them, the ones with reports, violations, write-ups, etc.

change policy how to get rid of bad apples, not transfer them

admirals don't get rank without people managing skills....he can delegate.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    VA nominee Ronny Jackson faces explosive new allegations of drinking, wrecking government vehicle

White House physician Ronny L. Jackson, President Trump’s nominee to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs, wrecked a government vehicle after getting drunk at a Secret Service going away party, according to an explosive list of allegations released Wednesday by the Democratic staff of the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee.

In the two-page summary of interviews conducted by the minority staff, Jackson also stands accused of a “pattern” of handing out medications with no patient history, prescribing medications to himself, and contributing to a hostile work environment with “a constant fear of reprisal.”

According to the report: “Jackson was described as ‘the most unethical person I have ever worked with,’ ‘flat-out unethical,’ ‘explosive,’ ‘100 percent bad temper,’ ‘toxic,’ ‘abusive,’ ‘volatile,’ ‘incapable of not losing his temper,’ ‘the worst officer I have ever served with,’ ‘despicable,’ ‘dishonest,’ as having ‘screaming tantrums’ and “screaming fits,’ as someone who would ‘lose his mind over small things,’ ‘vindictive,’ ‘belittling,’ ‘the worse leader I’ve ever worked for.’”

Only.The.Best.People.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’m just glad the VA is in the public spotlight again, course it’d be nice if it didn’t have to be paraded around for political gain or damage. Anyone managed to sneak in some coverage of the staffing and hiring process amongst the pieces on this? How about average wait times? How often opiates prescribed? Veteran suicide rates?
    Anyone know which direction Admiral Jackson wanted to take the Dept? Familiar with the arguments for and apposed?

As far as the accusations, I’m holding judgement on this one. Getting drunk on duty and wrecking cars wasn’t enough to prevent looking after 3 presidents? This close to the confirmation doesn’t seem odd(wonder if we’d have heard about any of this had bill gates been nominated), plus yesterday morning it was “serious allegations that we are trying to confirm” to this morning where I heard a Hawaiian Senator explain the two IG reports regarding his behavior(her words were, ill qoute”I haven’t seen them myself but I know someone who did”). I’ll wait and see.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m just glad the VA is in the public spotlight again, course it’d be nice if it didn’t have to be paraded around for political gain or damage. Anyone managed to sneak in some coverage of the staffing and hiring process amongst the pieces on this? How about average wait times? How often opiates prescribed? Veteran suicide rates?
    Anyone know which direction Admiral Jackson wanted to take the Dept? Familiar with the arguments for and apposed?

As far as the accusations, I’m holding judgement on this one. Getting drunk on duty and wrecking cars wasn’t enough to prevent looking after 3 presidents? This close to the confirmation doesn’t seem odd(wonder if we’d have heard about any of this had bill gates been nominated), plus yesterday morning it was “serious allegations that we are trying to confirm” to this morning where I heard a Hawaiian Senator explain the two IG reports regarding his behavior(her words were, ill qoute”I haven’t seen them myself but I know someone who did”). I’ll wait and see.

Seriously? You think real thought went into this as far as policy and qualifications? Do you think Trump consulted with knowledgeable and experienced senior staff on this selection? Like maybe his Chief of Staff that's 100% completely out of the loop at this point?

This is no different then Trump proposed his personal pilot be the next head of the FAA.

As far as the accusations---they are from 20+ people. I'd say there's something to them.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think Donald trump made the decision by the first guy who had ties to the military and health care he saw after someone reminded him there was no head for the VA.

That wasn’t the reason why I posted. I was trying to encourage the people who care enough to argue to go look up something(anything) about issues with the VA.

And yeah, 20 some odd people and a couple IG reports, and yet congress and the mainstream media both managed to get surprised by it yesterday. I’ll ask again, if trump hadn’t nominated him would any of us of heard the claims of drunk on duty that were aimed at the man who keeps eyes on the presidents health?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea, I should have caught that. I know you like to play the devil's advocate a little to try to get people to think.

And yes, I think a look into his background to see if hes even fit to serve would be more appropriate. Getting a little liquored up on duty, meh--Hes a flag officer. But passing out drugs to people without scripts? That's concerning. No matter what happens, that should be thoroughly investigated.

Hopefully he wont end up having to take the fifth.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    obama had him for 8 years and gave nothing but rave reviews and wanted him promoted, why would Trump think anything else? I would take anyone that wants to shake the VA up, no one is qualified at the beginning to run the VA.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    obama had him for 8 years and gave nothing but rave reviews and wanted him promoted, why would Trump think anything else? I would take anyone that wants to shake the VA up, no one is qualified at the beginning to run the VA.

well the obama scum wrote glowing reports and recommended him for promotion, even liberals cannot deny that

Blamed it on Obama on the very first page. Outstanding.

Obama told Trump, explicitly, not to hire Mike Flynn, after he fired him. How'd that work out?

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It’s kinda like the meme with Dana carvey, saying he’s not even sure if he’s being sarcastic anymore or just an ass. Part of it is devils advocate, but part is just being objective.
    I am giving him the benifit for now, 72 hours ago he was still a respected doctor. He should get his due process.
    Which yes, that would require vetting and an investigation. Preferably open and transparent.

Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can we all admit this was an impulsive choice with no vetting? Trump liked the guy and wanted to give him the job. Dr. Jackson likely is a good doctor, but has no experience managing that large a bureaucracy. I understand he got good fitness reports from previous Presidents, however we all know "Kiss-azzes" who strokes the boss and treat everyone under them like crap. When our Veterans groups are voicing concern, we should all be concerned. What I find amazing is Trump could have nominated mickey mouse and some here would advocate giving him a chance. Blind loyalty at its finest.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apparently even Jackson knew he wasn't qualified for the job, and/or the allegations are true and he simply doesn't want anybody digging any further.

However, the investigation into the allegations against him needs to continue. Dispensing medications without a prescription, and self-prescribing, are pretty serious charges for a medical doctor.

Let's not pretend otherwise.

Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now, I hope Trump select someone competent and experienced to manage the VA. Playing politics or the good ole boy hookup to one of his lackeys is not what Veterans deserve. Maybe Jared can do it between bringing peace to the middle east and working real-estate deals from the White House (sarcasm). Seriously, there are qualified people available and hopefully Trump takes a look at them regardless of politics.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The VA should be done away with altogether , veterans should get the same health care program that our senators and congressmen get. That up grade would be like moving from coach to first class.

Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The VA should be done away with altogether , veterans should get the same health care program that our senators and congressmen get. That up grade would be like moving from coach to first class.

Friend, the VA supports Vets with many more things than medical care. The VA should not be done away with, but rather improved upon and funded to meet the needs of Veterans. Maybe some services can be privatized in remote locations.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now, I hope Trump select someone competent and experienced to manage the VA. Playing politics or the good ole boy hookup to one of his lackeys is not what Veterans deserve. Maybe Jared can do it between bringing peace to the middle east and working real-estate deals from the White House (sarcasm). Seriously, there are qualified people available and hopefully Trump takes a look at them regardless of politics.

LOL

The person who will get the job is the one who states, "I hate the VA it should be cancelled"

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Ha, you Sir will be Trump's next nominee to be the new head of the VA

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I take it you guys aren't familiar with the medical package that congressmen and senators are awarded.

Top Bottom