• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just a heads up, there have been rumours of the perfecta ammo shredding bullet jackets, leaving "gold" flakes in firearms and partial jackets on the ground/bench just a few inches/feet beyond the muzzles of the firearm. I cant find the links to what I have read in the past but I just wanted to make you and others aware of this. From what I have read it is not just rumours but has actually happened many times.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just a heads up, there have been rumours of the perfecta ammo shredding bullet jackets, leaving "gold" flakes in firearms and partial jackets on the ground/bench just a few inches/feet beyond the muzzles of the firearm. I cant find the links to what I have read in the past but I just wanted to make you and others aware of this. From what I have read it is not just rumours but has actually happened many times.

lol....

Couldn't find a word on it. I even had FLT google it :)

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a lot of good things to say about it.

From your very first link (first page only) :

Most reviews of Perfecta seem positive. It's made by Fiocchi which is good. Distributed by Tulammo.

I tried a couple of boxes back with it was hard to find 9mm and despite not expecting much out of it, it was very accurate, perhaps the best of the 4 or 5 brands I was shooting that day.

I've shot 100 rounds of perfecta 95 gr fmj in my Walther pk 380 and 150 rounds of 9mm 115 gr fmj through my CZ PCR and no trouble with either one and they gave good groups, at least for me.

I like it fine have used 223, 40SW, 9MM no trouble and my rifle shoots the 223 very well. I have used at least 150 rounds in all listed calibers.

What I've used so far has been excellent although somewhat more dirty which may cause problems if not cleaned more often,

Both me and my best shooting buddy have used it in .223, 9mm and 45acp, (mostly 9mm) and found it to be good stuff.

No problems with Perfecta ammo in .38 Special, 9mm, and .45 ACP

I've only fired 2 or 3 boxes of the 9-mm but those ran perfectly in multiple guns that I tried -- Hi Power, CZ 75 B and 85 Combat, and Beretta 92SB.

I bought a bunch of Perfecta 115gr 9mm at Wal-Mart at $9.79 a box, and in all my 9mm guns, it's been perfect, except for one round that had a messed up case on it

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://www.hipointfirearmsforums.c...y-if-you-shoot-this-ammo.325733/#post-2460669

"***Ammunition Notification***JSE Surplus test fires every custom upper to verify cycling. We do not guarantee cycling with all ammunition due to vast differences in the quality of ammunition. We will only warranty cycling with US made ammunition. We will not warranty cycling with imported, steel cased or reloaded rounds. Some of the non-warrantied ammo includes: Tula, Wolf and Perfecta. "

"When I went to the local indoor range the guy behind the counter told me the rental guns that customers who used Perfecta in had gold flecks inside them. (I have seen this in my guns as well.) The first run of Perfecta that Walmart sold was under powered IMO. The last of what they sold shot bright orange flames out of my G17 even in daylight. Lots of snappy muzzle flip. On multiple occasions I have had pieces of the jacket land on the table in front of me. This was confirmed by the LGS guy talking about finding jacket pieces on the floor in front of the firing line. I had it happen at a GSSF match too. Somewhere on Facebook there is a Range that forbids Perfecta .40 as it blew up a Glock 23, and an M&P 40. "
    "I had the same problem with Perfecta 9mm in 3 different pistols.

But far, far worse was the 38spl I bought. Both of my revolvers were effected.
    Gold flecks on the bench in front of me. But, 1/8" to 1/4" long rings of the bullet and jacket were skiving off of some when fired. Evey round had flecks of the jacket and a bit of lead attached come off after fired. Locked up cylinder tight as hell with the big rings of crap.. I buried 200 rounds of that crap!! Oh, the fireballs from a 2" and a 4" revolver were dramatic even in daylight. Recoil was extremely high. Not good at all!"

Not trying to bad mouth this brand of ammo, just was wanting you guys to know that some are having issues with it. Feel free to buy all you guys want. Me, I dont think so.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Their 115 grain 9mm ran great in my steyr m9, and was extremely accurate in that pistol(which in all honesty that pistol grouped well for me).
    As far as the brand I’ve never had anything other than positive experience with foocchi, .32,.380 and 9mm, and I can’t say the same with Winchester, Remington or hornady(critical defense no less, and squibs).

And I’ll say this. When I see reports of lead shavings with revolvers I see responses of checking lockup, endshake. If I saw strips of jackets I’d check that and my forcing cone first, and I’d sure as hell not burn another 100 rounds through one of my smith’s. My stuff might not be worth much, but not worth ruining over cheap ammo.

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And I’ll say this. When I see reports of lead shavings with revolvers I see responses of checking lockup, endshake. If I saw strips of jackets I’d check that and my forcing cone first.......

That ^. I'm not even a revolver guy and I know that.

And a lot of the other complaints were FTF and FTE. Not really applicable in a 38 special revolver.

Top Bottom