• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bought a vehicle with the HUD option about a year ago not really thinking much about it. Man am I convinced it's the best option since A/C. I love not having to take my eyes off the road to glance down for speed or other info.

RH

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What brand type of vehicle? Can you adjust brightness intensity or is it automatic? Just curious as I find it could be very useful. Could you please post a picture of the display if possible?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea, I was just thinking yesterday how I missed having that in my 04 C5.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm pretty sure you have the same car I had, Lemans blue, commemorative edition.....

Mine was a Z51 and had a Vortech V2 supercharger with intercooler running 6.5 lbs of boost, AFR heads, cold air induction, LS-6 intake, stainless steel longtube headers, Borla catback exhaust, AC Delco performance spark plug wires and a Boosta Pump. It was a handfull at 600 HP.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    3-35.jpg

It has a few pages to choose from, is brightness adjustable, and the position can be adjusted.

710x528_1725304_1510603_1459323577.jpg

Attachments

• 3-35.jpg
      3-35.jpg
      18.1 KB · Views: 206
    • 710x528_1725304_1510603_1459323577.jpg
      710x528_1725304_1510603_1459323577.jpg
      52.8 KB · Views: 199

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Corvette is the only car I know of that put them in as production and it worked well, only in extreme sun conditions would it wash out. There are generic aftermarket units sold, but I don't know how well they compare in quality.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Corvette is the only car I know of that put them in as production and it worked well, only in extreme sun conditions would it wash out. There are generic aftermarket units sold, but I don't know how well they compare in quality.

My 2000 C5 has one and it is a lifesaver at times and does work quite well.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm pretty sure you have the same car I had, Lemans blue, commemorative edition.....

Mine was a Z51 and had a Vortech V2 supercharger with intercooler running 6.5 lbs of boost, AFR heads, cold air induction, LS-6 intake, stainless steel longtube headers, Borla catback exhaust, AC Delco performance spark plug wires and a Boosta Pump. It was a handfull at 600 HP.

01 Navy Blue Metallic base coupe/auto, just cold air and exhaust...and somebody put a killer stereo in it.

I thought it was an option on all the high end cars, seems I remember seeing some GM pickups with it. I know I've seen it on other model cars. It does get a little faint in the bright sun but most of the time it's visible.

RH

Last edited:

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Neat, thanks for the pics! I would not mind having the hud on one of our vehicles that we use for long road trips.

Nothing I'd have ever thought about until I used one, now it's essential. The pic is a little deceiving, the display isn't right in front of your face, it's below your line of sight but still in your peripheral vision.

Rick

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    01 Navy Blue Metallic base coupe/auto, just cold air and exhaust...and somebody put a killer stereo in it.

I thought it was an option on all the high end cars, seems I remember seeing some GM pickups with it. I know I've seen it on other model cars.

RH

You're right. I looked it up. More widespread than I thought. Wish my BMW had it, I kinda miss it.

aknavy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Pontiac had them on the Grand Prix's - best option they had! All vehicles should have them as an option.

Top Bottom