APOD Firearms

WTS - Savage Model 1919, .22 caliber Military type NRA Match Rifle! In Pensacola.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Artemus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Savage Model 1919 NRA Match, .22 Long Rifle, military type trainer, approx. 1927 manufacture

Contact by PM please

$250 SOLD

History: Very high cool factor .22! This is a classic US military type training repeater built to last.

Following WW I, Savage Arms proposed this pattern rifle to the US Military as a trainer for the 1903 Springfield, which it resembles. Although the Army did not buy them in numbers, State Militias, National Guard Units, and rifle clubs bought them as NRA Match rifles. They were built from 1919 to 1932. Three main versions of this rifle were produced. This one is a Type 3 with an improved bolt and ejector system. Has a "cock on close" type bolt action. The serial number dates to circa 1926-1927 production. This example is at least 91 years old. It's in good shooter condition. Still accurate, I included a 50 yard sample target using AUTOMATCH ammo and the basic iron sights. Metal has faded to grey/brown patina but no rust. There are a few bumps and nicks here and there but is was not abused. The fragile original sights and magazine were replaced somewhere along the way, long ago, but everything else is there. Sling and 6 shot magazine included. If you don't want the standard Mauser sling, I'll deduct for that. Thanks for looking!

d1reyuA.jpg

bIl3FvE.jpg

z0EJqHb.jpg

XzfeMUh.jpg

vtWyBm2.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom