• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Choppersled

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys and gals. I'm getting a hankering for a new pistol with a rail. I've handled all the latest and greatest and as much as I didn't expect to I've found the full size glock is the most comfortable for me. Has anyone purchased a police trade in? I'm curious as to the overall condition/quality etc. I want a 22 and can buy one online for $320 which I don't think I can beat.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Hey guys and gals. I'm getting a hankering for a new pistol with a rail. I've handled all the latest and greatest and as much as I didn't expect to I've found the full size glock is the most comfortable for me. Has anyone purchased a police trade in? I'm curious as to the overall condition/quality etc. I want a 22 and can buy one online for $320 which I don't think I can beat.

Here's a link to a 22 police trade in for $309.00. https://www.smga.com/p-127912-used-...il&utm_term=0_fd07762208-30444eb10c-374803613

Most trade ins are going to have holster wear and slight to medium wear of internals. You get what you pay for.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    General consensus is "trade ins" will have obvious holster wear with minimal internal wear. Some seem to be pretty filthy though. I have looked at quite a few of those Glock 22 ads and the number of mags included can vary. Just be aware of that

Last edited:

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a gen 2 Glock 19 police trade in a few years ago and it was pretty much in the condition as stated above. Holster wear with very little internal wear but it was fairly clean. Maybe the company selling them went through and cleaned them up before selling them.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a gen 3 22 and it came with iron sights (night sights but the illumination is gone) There was some holster wear but the weapon was not dirty and shoots great. I paid $400 for mine so you are getting a good deal in my opinion

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As above most LE Trade ins have more holster/contact rub (seat belt, ground fighting) wear and little functional wear. Wouldn't be uncommon to have a ding or two also. Compacts often carried by brass and detectives are a bit better externally. G34/35 are often associated with Tactical Teams and subjected to higher round counts. Its a grab bag in most cases unless the dealer is selling them in varying grades and those "grades" have a lot of wiggle room and never go by NRA criteria. Considering all the above, its still a Glock and when priced under $375 you will get a good value. I wouldn't consider the qty of mags as a lot of value, better to buy new if your going to depend on the gun.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FWIW, I was watching these trade in sites for a while but ended up getting a G35 here. By the time you add transfer fees, shipping and possibly taxes and you dont get to inspect ahead of time it made more sense for me to buy something from a forum member. Plus it was a really good price.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom