• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gameaholic

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wow. What a dumb move. Go to yeti facebook page and click on comments under the first available post. They are getting hammered.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    RTIC is 1/2 the price and Ozark Trails is the same. I cannot believe people pay the yeti price just for the sticker when they can get the same thing at 1/2 price.

gameaholic

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We have an Ozark Trail cooler and several of their 30 oz mugs. I just cant under stand why a business would choose to enter in politics knowing they will lose customers. especially something like this. Coolers built and marketed to hunters and fisherman. Its not like you see a lot of people at the beach carrying a cooler that weighs as much as these type. Got to be one of the dumbest business moves I've seen.

wareagle50

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Some companies are just stupid and like to shit where they eat. Very dumb move. Maybe they were hurting business wise due to all the cheaper/better alternatives out there, and decided to try and get the all the crazy anti 2nd amendment people on their side.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We have an Ozark Trail cooler and several of their 30 oz mugs. I just cant under stand why a business would choose to enter in politics knowing they will lose customers. especially something like this. Coolers built and marketed to hunters and fisherman. Its not like you see a lot of people at the beach carrying a cooler that weighs as much as these type. Got to be one of the dumbest business moves I've seen.

Like mentioned on another forum, Ozark trail is the Walmart brand. They have just as bad of a record.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see that this was posted earlier but here goes anyway. must be a generic response to all.

I will start this off by saying that I am a life member of the NRA and proud to say so, when this thread first came out I got pretty worked up because frankly I am sick and tired of what is happening here lately, I do firmly believe that the news media is the enemy to our freedom. That being said I sent a response to Yeti voicing my displeasure at their decision to drop their relations with the NRA. Here is their response that I received yesterday, you be the Judge.

YETI
    Shop
    Custom Shop
    This is YETI

We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.
    A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.
    Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.
    Thanks for reaching out to YETI.

Last edited:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah I'm not buying it. They still charge twice as much for their products as other companies do for the same quality products so whether I believe them or not still not buying their products. I have the RTIC 65 I paid $200 for and it's easily the best cooler I have and just as tough and keeps ice from melting just as long as the $350 Yeti Tundra 65!

Edit, found this while searching for accurate price on Yeti Tundra 65, seems people have found some creative ways to destroy their Yeti products!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mistake/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0734d59c52a6

Last edited:

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Don’t own a Yeti and never will, they cost to much when I can get the same quality for a lot less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    NRA-ILA responds to YETI's response...

YETI Adds Insult to Injury
    TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2018

If it wasn’t bad enough that YETI dropped The NRA Foundation as a client, now they’re calling us liars because we informed our members and friends of their actions.

The NRA Foundation has over 1,100 “Friends of NRA Committees” around the country. These committees host banquets and auctions that are attended by hundreds of thousands of guests each year. These events raise funds to support charitable causes and programs. The NRA Foundation supports the needs of youth programs for education, safety and training, as well as law enforcement needs, shooting ranges and conservation programs.

For many years we have purchased coolers from YETI for our auctions. We have auctioned off many thousands of YETI coolers each year. YETI recently dropped The NRA Foundation as a client. Not only would they not take our orders for more coolers, they forced us to cancel orders already in the system that they said they would not fill.

Three days after we notified you of YETI’s decision to drop The NRA Foundation, YETI issued their prepared statement in which they admit they dropped us but claim they simply eliminated the discount program and dropped other (unnamed) organizations as well. That’s news to us.

Perhaps the people writing YETI’s damage control statements are not talking to the people who enforced YETI’s decisions and refused our orders. We had even offered the YETI Roadie in one of our sponsorship levels for 2018 – which we’ve had to cancel.

We told you the truth.

YETI’s attempts at damage control is to say our statement is not accurate. Shame on you again YETI. You know you made a mistake. A big one. Now you must live with your mistake.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180424/alert-yeti-adds-insult-to-injury

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    if I have to make a choice..

I trust NRA more than YETI, and their products are overpriced...yes they keep stuff cold, but ice is cheap.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey everybody keep letting yeti have a piece of y'all mind. So they stock can drop and they go out of business and I will be able to get some cooler for cheap.

Top Bottom