APOD Firearms

Any SAA shooters/collectors on this forum?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    It does sound need, why was this a grail gun for you??? the model?? the Caliber??

It was a grail gun because I saw one in an old cowboy movie, and researching the pistol I loved the design. In their day, they were considered more accurate by many when compared to the 1873 Peacemaker, and were a lot quicker to reload.

After finding that one, I bought a Uberti Schofield to try it out. Not as graceful and the grip did not suit me at all, so I sold it shortly after trying it.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was a grail gun because I saw one in an old cowboy movie, and researching the pistol I loved the design. In their day, they were considered more accurate by many when compared to the 1873 Peacemaker, and were a lot quicker to reload.

After finding that one, I bought a Uberti Schofield to try it out. Not as graceful and the grip did not suit me at all, so I sold it shortly after trying it.

Nice, nothing is so sweet as seeing something on TV, wanting it and finding it.. I own a Uberti Schofield. Like it but from more and more people I talk to they all talk up the NO 3.. and lament that Uberti does not make one.. Many thanks for sharing...

Last edited:

Danwin22

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Love Cowboy guns but except for a Winchester Trapper in 30-30 I prefer .22's for plinkin.'

Attachments

• 94-3.JPG
      94-3.JPG
      100.4 KB · Views: 104
    • Hammer%20guns%20angle.jpg
      Hammer%20guns%20angle.jpg
      132.3 KB · Views: 112
    • 3 Rough Rider 22's.jpg
      3 Rough Rider 22's.jpg
      87.8 KB · Views: 109

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Love Cowboy guns but except for a Winchester Trapper in 30-30 I prefer .22's for plinkin.'

God, I love the way you set up these shots... prefect way to show Cowboy guns... The one with the horse in the back ground was nice..

But I do have a sincere question to ask... do you think that the Gallery pump 22 can be counted as a Cowboy gun??? And what do you not like about the

trapper.. ???

Danwin22

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    God, I love the way you set up these shots... prefect way to show Cowboy guns... The one with the horse in the back ground was nice..

But I do have a sincere question to ask... do you think that the Gallery pump 22 can be counted as a Cowboy gun??? And what do you not like about the

trapper.. ???

The pump is a Rossi copy of the Winchester model 62 which is an evolution of the original 1890 model. There were also other pumps back in "Cowboy" days. Actually, there are still cowboys today, when did the cowboy era end? That little pump is easy to carry and a lot of fun to shoot.

I was trying to post a picture of my Winchester, Uberti and Henry lever actions and simply posted the wrong picture.

I love the Trapper 30-30 but it sits in the safe because I don't hunt (age 78) and love the low noise, almost no recoil and low cost of .22 ammo prices.

A single action handgun will handle anything from BB caps to .22 Magnum if you have the magnum cylinder.

Attachments

• Levers%20closer.jpg
      Levers%20closer.jpg
      114.1 KB · Views: 103
    • Heritage%20wood%20grips%20ammo.jpg
      Heritage%20wood%20grips%20ammo.jpg
      100.5 KB · Views: 101
    Last edited:

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ha love the squirrel 22 cal dish... Nice look.. And a plus for 22s you can fill 4 ammo cans and have 10k of ammo with room to spare...

And your darn right the Winchester pump counts as a Cowboy gun...

And when did the Cowboy End.. that is a true question.. I prefer to let Mr Peckinpah decide that for me and let the Year of 1913-1914 when the Wild Bunch movie is suppose to take place...
    1914 seems a good year, WW I has not started yet.. Ambrose Brierce is still alive down in Mexico.. Pancho Villa is in the middle of the Mexican Revolution..

But that just my opinion worth about 1/2 what you paid for it..

Members online

Top Bottom