• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Can we all say "Dog Whistle" here. How about we all prepare as though we'll have another Las Vegas shooter or some nutjob kid wearing a MAGA hat shoots up a school full of your kids or churches. That is more likely what you'll face. The LA Riots were 22 years ago and Katrina was 13 years ago. How many mass shooting and other domestic terrorist event have happen since? Its that selective inference that fuels a skewed narrative of the real danger in this country.

Points for being outside the echo chamber.... At least the GCGF one.

Obesity, Alcohol, texting/driving are all a much greater threat than your active shooter/domestic terrorism scenario. Those don't make for great headlines so we're going to talk about mass shootings all the time.

Because something happened a long time ago, is it no longer a threat? While I agree that you should spend more of your time preparing for the things that are more likely to happen, I'm not going to knock someone for their own prep. Everyone's got their own ORM matrix.

The Riots and Katrina were awhile ago but they had a huge impact on way more people. You don't think another katrina is a possibility? We're 2 months away from hurricane season. Insurance is a waste of money... Until you need it.

How many mass shootings and domestic terrorism events have their been since the Riots? Katrina? I'm interested in which data you're going off of.

What IS the real danger in this country?

Everyone's got their own skew.

oyeme!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am more worried about retaining a majority in the House this November. That is absolutely critical! If that does not happen, then all that the POTUS has been accomplishing and wants to do will be stopped dead in its tracks. The Dems will have articles of impeachment drawn up within 24 hours of them taking control. It does not matter whether it goes through or not, it will stop any actions by the administration.

Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We all can point to example of American behaving badly to support any false narrative. If we are not smart enough to realize that then we are doomed as a nation. I would think a rational, reasoned, decent person would understand that. Example: I know police officers are by enlarge are honorable people. I however also know that, as with any organization, there are a few bad actors. A closed-minded person doesn't see it that way. They blindly offer support regardless of circumstances as though its an attack on them. I think we all want the same thing at the end of the day. What we disagree on is how we achieve it. Some think all other have to lose for them to win while some think everyone should have an opportunity to win regardless.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Most of the gun people I've ever spent any time around were of a like mind."

LEO, Military, preppers, gang members, 19th century military collectors? Your statement needs more clarification for me to know what kind of "gun people" you are talking about.
    I should just ignore you, but can't resist the bait. I don't think I know any gang members, and thanks to your suggestion I've purged most of the liberals from my friends and associates list. We are all much happier now . Thank you for that suggestion. As I said to you in our first interaction most people are different in person. The internet doesn't bring out the best in most folks.

Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope the democrats take control of Congress in November. Then our government will balance itself as envisioned by the folks who instituted our form of democracy. Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan are scared lap dogs. There has to be a congressional check on the President or we get just what we have now. A President who openly plays only to his support base and reviles the rest of the nation. Just as Obama had to adjust under a GOP congress, so should Trump. Congress should moderate a President and not subordinate itself to it. Our politics are so partisan now, its almost needed. If Trump has committed any crime, he should be impeach. If he has not, then he should continue to serve. Oh, I'm an Independent and consider myself conservative leaning on most issues. Am I the only person that remembers when, regardless of political affiliation, the office of President commanded a certain level of respect and reverence from the entire nation.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I should just ignore you, but can't resist the bait. I don't think I know any gang members, and thanks to your suggestion I've purged most of the liberals from my friends and associates list. We are all much happier now . Thank you for that suggestion. As I said to you in our first interaction most people are different in person. The internet doesn't bring out the best in most folks.

So far, I have not met anyone, from any forum I am a member, that I didn't like when meeting them in person. I think I would really enjoy some of the folks on your local (to you) group (CCGF).

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Grifdawg ,LOL ,if you can remember that far back you must be an old guy too.

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ..... Congress should moderate a President and not subordinate itself to it. ......

Right. We used to have 3 co-equal branches of Government that balanced power so as to prevent things from getting out of hand in any single direction. Nowadays however, its just Republicans v Democrats in a winner-take-all fight to the death.

Not exactly the way its supposed to work.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Right. We used to have 3 co-equal branches of Government that balanced power so as to prevent things from getting out of hand in any single direction. Nowadays however, its just Republicans v Democrats in a winner-take-all fight to the death.

Not exactly the way its supposed to work.

5 or 6 viable parties, sure would spread out the lobby money, and allow individuals to more closely align themselves with their beliefs.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    5 or 6 viable parties, sure would spread out the lobby money, and allow individuals to more closely align themselves with their beliefs.

But every vote for someone besides Hilary is a vote for Hilary!!

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope the democrats take control of Congress in November. Then our government will balance itself as envisioned by the folks who instituted our form of democracy. Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan are scared lap dogs. There has to be a congressional check on the President or we get just what we have now. A President who openly plays only to his support base and reviles the rest of the nation. Just as Obama had to adjust under a GOP congress, so should Trump. Congress should moderate a President and not subordinate itself to it. Our politics are so partisan now, its almost needed. If Trump has committed any crime, he should be impeach. If he has not, then he should continue to serve. Oh, I'm an Independent and consider myself conservative leaning on most issues. Am I the only person that remembers when, regardless of political affiliation, the office of President commanded a certain level of respect and reverence from the entire nation.

I'm confused. Do the democrats not already control congress? They control the Florida legislature as well.

Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm confused. Do the democrats not already control congress? They control the Florida legislature as well.

A lame attempt at sarcasm or you need to be more engaged. It ok to laugh loudest only if you're laughing last.

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1d8625f7805632d0f7c78f551da10158.jpg

When the republicans who hold a majority act like democrats and give the democrats what they ask for (age restrictions on gun purchases, funding for Planned Parenthood) then who is really in control?

It's really time for y'all to start thinking a little differently about some of this stuff, and stop being so resistant to a new thought process. The people in charge are about twenty moves ahead of you. Maybe we should close that gap by simply becoming aware of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can we all say "Dog Whistle" here. How about we all prepare as though we'll have another Las Vegas shooter or some nutjob kid wearing a MAGA hat shoots up a school full of your kids or churches. That is more likely what you'll face. The LA Riots were 22 years ago and Katrina was 13 years ago. How many mass shooting and other domestic terrorist event have happen since? Its that selective inference that fuels a skewed narrative of the real danger in this country.

I wasn't aware that anyone wearing a MAGA hat had shot up a school. I do remember a black nationalist killing a bunch of cops in Dallas though. Chris Dorner was his name?

Never mind. It was Micah Thomas. My mistake.

Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1d8625f7805632d0f7c78f551da10158.jpg

When the republicans who hold a majority act like democrats and give the democrats what they ask for (age restrictions on gun purchases, funding for Planned Parenthood) then who is really in control?

It's really time for y'all to start thinking a little differently about some of this stuff, and stop being so resistant to a new thought process. The people in charge are about twenty moves ahead of you. Maybe we should close that gap by simply becoming aware of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I take it you don't believe in any age restrictions on gun purchases and you feel you have the right to dictate to women/other families what they can do with their bodies? While I may not choose abortion personally, I am not arrogant enough to think I have a right to tell you and your wife what you should do with your pregnancy circumstance. I bet any woman forced to bear a child better be able to support that child and live without government assistance too, right?

How do you feel about the 38 Billion dollars we give Israel?

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "DJT lies"

"Maggots in Charlottesville" (You don't know what happened in C'Ville.)

"Dog whistle"

"Putin's playbook"

"MAGA hat shoots up a school" (Hasn't happened, but we are supposed to expect it to?)

"Hope democrats take control of Congress"

Thinks abortion is a women's rights issue.

Verdict: Leftist.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I agree with a lot of what you say regarding checks and balance and putting country first instead of party first. However, I am concerned that if the Democrats take control then we will see major legislation limiting gun rights. We all know now that Trump is too weak to push back against this legislation. If Trump is removed from office, and we get Pence, I don't know where he stands on gun rights.

Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wasn't aware that anyone wearing a MAGA hat had shot up a school. I do remember a black nationalist killing a bunch of cops in Dallas though. Chris Dorner was his name?

Never mind. It was Micah Thomas. My mistake.

View attachment 63073 Just helping you out. That's the Florida shooter practicing in his back yard. As stated earlier, we can play the "let's find a criminal to support our narrative" all day. I readily admit there are kooks of all hues and affiliations. Do you?

Top Bottom