• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OP , that's an interesting prospective. I've given it some thought and although I'm not sure, l believe that avoiding places where unruly people have gathered to protest or to push a hidden agenda would drastically reduce a mans chances of become a victim of those unruly folks. That is exactly the way I've lived my life and it's work out pretty well for me .

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's for sure, a woman that wants man for a mate is going to have a rough time finding one. But if she's after a skinny jean wearing ,man bum ,squats when he pees kind of mate, she will be in a target rich environment.

Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lindenwood, I too am a black guy and would consider myself fairly conservative in most thinking. I however normally just read the comments here because I assume its an exercise of "group think". Most comments are affirmed by the majority of this forum regardless of merit. Kind of like when DJT lies and everyone twist into knots trying to defend the insanity. The worst mass shooting in this country wasn't committed by a religious terrorist. Today marks the 23 year anniversary of one of the worst terrorist acts in this country. The bomber wasn't a religious terrorist. Some how this is forgotten and other incidences are held up as verification of skewed beliefs. Those maggots in Charlotteville are a greater threat to our nation than any foreign terrorist. That inscription on the statue of liberty had an expiration date I guess (sarcasm). America is changing. America was never greater than it is now. MAGA is a dog whistle to a subset of society that yearns for a period of time when America struggled to live up to its core values. While there may be jubilation because of DJT's election, just as Obama may have ushered in Trump, so will Trump usher in someone as extreme on the other side of the political spectrum. The sensible middle will get left out again I fear. The independent and liberal constituency have mobilized and are unified in their opposition to DJT. Obama couldn't create a coalition of support as strong. It is ok to laugh only if your laughing last. JMO

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the powers that be are getting just what they want, as long as they can keep us at each other's throats and stop us from being unified they can retain power. I believe that has been the plan for 50 or more years . Divide and conquer ,that plan has been proven through out history to work.

Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the powers that be are getting just what they want, as long as they can keep us at each other's throats and stop us from being unified they can retain power. I believe that has been the plan for 50 or more years . Divide and conquer ,that plan has been proven through out history to work.

Straight out of Putin's playbook. Just as all the great empires that came before, a great empires fails from within. The left nor the right can sustain the greatness of this nation without each other. There has to be a check on both or the extremes will take root. "You can't expect the slaves to give a S#!t if the plantation burns, right"

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never known any slaves, I'm old but I'm not that old. But I get your point. If and that's a rather big if ,we could ever get a united front ,politicians would loose their power over night. I truly believe that this country would substantially better off if that could happen.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never known any slaves, I'm old but I'm not that old.

When I met you at Talon my first thought was that you must have come over on the Mayflower :)

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I cannot think of right wing extremism violent attacks in any recent history, but then again, I have been busy working 10-12 hr a day for a while now, paying taxes, going to church and back to the house...

any one know of one?

Three Kansas militiamen who plotted to bomb Muslims are found guilty on terrorism charges

A federal jury in Kansas on Wednesday convicted three right-wing extremists of plotting to massacre Muslim refugees living in an industrial town on the west side of the state.

Patrick Stein, 49, Curtis Allen, 50, and Gavin Wright, 50, were found guilty on charges of conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction and conspiring to violate the civil housing rights of others. The men spent months plotting to bomb an apartment building housing Somali refugees and a mosque in Garden City, Kan., on the day after the 2016 presidential election.

They face a maximum sentence of life in prison.

VSDLRNUMTI5UNBV333SKYSCCIA.jpg

Attachments

• VSDLRNUMTI5UNBV333SKYSCCIA.jpg
      VSDLRNUMTI5UNBV333SKYSCCIA.jpg
      48.4 KB · Views: 216

Lindenwood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From the link I posted earlier.

The West Point study examined acts of political violence by far right groups -- though not explicitly terrorist attacks -- from the early 1990s through 2011. It says many of these attacks can be considered terrorism.

"In the last few years, and especially since 2007, there has been a dramatic rise in the number of attacks and violent plots originating from individuals and groups who self-identify with the far-right of American politics."

The report adds the "overall trend is very clear: from the early 1990s until 2008 there has been a clear increase in the number of attacks. Fourteen of the 21 years covered in this analysis witnessed more attacks than the previous year. Although in the 1990s the average number of attacks per year was 70.1, the average number of attacks per year in the first 11 years of the twenty-first century was 307.5, a rise of more than 400%."

FWIW, West Point is the U.S. Army's own university where they train their officers.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you don't know Peter Singers work on this topic, then Singer must be plagarizing your work. Several lines in your OP and his article match, see @Link.
    http://www.defenseone.com/threats/2...-time-talk-about-right-wing-extremism/146319/

A person or group can be (by actual definition) fanatical, with pure and unwavering, entrenched core beliefs. Even when you add the "extremist" label for causing economic harm (more taxes) or physical harm (eliminate some health care benefit or impose levels of gun control): it is allowed as long as legal due process if followed. I think you have blurred the term extremist to "include criminal activity" which is incorrect. Crimes or terrorism can be "added" to any title when appropriate.

WWI was sparked by an assassination. I think we can assume with relative certainty there are bad or crazy characters running loose who just don't have a full plate with Means, Motive and opportunity. Some settle for less then the big ticket: seems a Lefty shot up the Republicans Softball practice. We had gunfire directed at the White House, fence jumpers, entry gates rammed. Federal buildins blown up, poison and bombs sent through the Mail. We've had assassinations, and several attempted. The reason for such things need only be justifiably in one persons mind.

I can't even conceive there is any rational thinking, that persons at a Wally, starbucks or any other public business draws more of one affiliated group then others. We do know that politically designated Offices have been vandalized in the past. The Gov will do what it wants to do and not always what the people want done. Squeaky wheels will always squeak. People backed into a corner will fight but to initiate offensive attack(s) is an entirely different mindset.

Here's my spin: Live Life, protect self, loved ones and those you can help. Be prepared like the L.A riots are two blocks away and Katrina II is coming soon.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Funny how 20-30 years ago terrorism was terrorism, and crime was crime. Now anything that can be used as leverage is labelled in a manner that makes whoever you perceive your opposition to be look worse. What is left of this nation is engaged in a global smear campaign and those who let their cell phone or social media think for them are 100% on board. But what happens when the tide turns, and it is turning, and your wholesome, patriotic, church-going group gets labelled as non-inclusive and therefore extremist? Anyone notice lately how anyone associated with firearms is increasingly tagged with the 'E' word? Anyone think maybe there's an agenda there?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The powers that be want ever American citizen disarmed. They don't care how many or who they need to kill to accomplish their goals. Most of the unrest in this country is created to confuse folks and to keep them from seeing what's really happening in America.

Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    wildrider666; Be prepared like the L.A riots are two blocks away and Katrina II is coming soon.[/QUOTE said:
    Can we all say "Dog Whistle" here. How about we all prepare as though we'll have another Las Vegas shooter or some nutjob kid wearing a MAGA hat shoots up a school full of your kids or churches. That is more likely what you'll face. The LA Riots were 22 years ago and Katrina was 13 years ago. How many mass shooting and other domestic terrorist event have happen since? Its that selective inference that fuels a skewed narrative of the real danger in this country.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can we all say "Dog Whistle" here. How about we all prepare as though we'll have another Las Vegas shooter or some nutjob kid wearing a MAGA hat shoots up a school full of your kids or churches. That is more likely what you'll face. The LA Riots were 22 years ago and Katrina was 13 years ago. How many mass shooting and other domestic terrorist event have happen since? Its that selective inference that fuels a skewed narrative of the real danger in this country.

I am in complete disagreement with your statement.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You guys just keep arguing with each other, if either one of you think this is a black and white thing then none of you are as intelligent as I've been giving you credit for. There are misguided mean evil people of all sizes shapes and colors. Most of the gun people I've ever spent any time around were of a like mind. They just wanted to live their lives and let other people live theirs. They take the steps they feel are required to protect their family's and themselves from those evil people and a government that would take the ability to do so from them.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    "Most of the gun people I've ever spent any time around were of a like mind."

LEO, Military, preppers, gang members, 19th century military collectors? Your statement needs more clarification for me to know what kind of "gun people" you are talking about.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I am in complete agreement with your statement.

Top Bottom