• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys.. does anyone know how much it costs to run a second class in USPSA at CORE? I registered for Limited, but saw a few guys are running a pistol and PCC. I know in Steel Challenge the 2nd class is only $5, but not sure about USPSA.

Thanks!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hey guys.. does anyone know how much it costs to run a second class in USPSA at CORE? I registered for Limited, but saw a few guys are running a pistol and PCC. I know in Steel Challenge the 2nd class is only $5, but not sure about USPSA.

Thanks!
    I'm guessing you have to pay another full match fee, but I strongly encourage you NOT to shoot 2 divisions in the same match.

Forgive me for the soap box I'm about to stand on, but this is a sore subject for me.

Here's why you shouldn't shoot 2 divisions in a local USPSA match (steel challenge and classifier matches do not count): If you shoot 2 divisions, you are making the rest of your squadmates work harder to pick up your slack while you're loading mags and getting ready to shoot twice when everyone else is only taking one turn. You're effectively not helping paste/reset/score/RO for at least 6 turns on every stage when everyone else is only missing 3 turns. I've had a hard enough time getting everyone to help paste/reset at ECPS matches, this would just make it worse.

I have intentionally switched squads to get away from someone shooting 2 divisions and will continue to do so.

Again, sorry for the rant, but this is becoming more and more prevalent locally and it's a trend I would like to see stopped. I don't think the match directors who allow this have considered the effect this has on the rest of the people in the squad.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm guessing you have to pay another full match fee, but I strongly encourage you NOT to shoot 2 divisions in the same match.

Forgive me for the soap box I'm about to stand on, but this is a sore subject for me.

Here's why you shouldn't shoot 2 divisions in a local USPSA match (steel challenge and classifier matches do not count): If you shoot 2 divisions, you are making the rest of your squadmates work harder to pick up your slack while you're loading mags and getting ready to shoot twice when everyone else is only taking one turn. You're effectively not helping paste/reset/score/RO for at least 6 turns on every stage when everyone else is only missing 3 turns. I've had a hard enough time getting everyone to help paste/reset at ECPS matches, this would just make it worse.

I have intentionally switched squads to get away from someone shooting 2 divisions and will continue to do so.

Again, sorry for the rant, but this is becoming more and more prevalent locally and it's a trend I would like to see stopped. I don't think the match directors who allow this have considered the effect this has on the rest of the people in the squad.

You know, I have never really thought about it from that perspective. Of course, I have never been a match director either. But I have many times been frustrated by folks not helping. Seems most are willing to help at first.. but then when a few guys keep going down range to do it others just kinda stop. So with that, I will just stick to shooting Limited this match. Maybe another day I will shoot just PCC.

Thanks guys!

Rick-O-Shay

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I hear you rant and I understand it but I believe if bbentley wants to pay full price for another division he should be able to do so. My reasoning is because he IS paying full price for another slot, that money helps the parent organization, USPSA/Steel/IDPA and helps put money in the club account. Yep there are some who do not help tape, there has always been those, even I sometimes are lazy taping and may not show up on time, I have my faults. I don't know what division bbentley is referring to but I have been to different level matches and have seen/heard negative comments reference the new PPC division, and Carry Optics too. I, for one, welcome PPC. I am looking for a PPC AR pattern for me and will gladly pay an additional fee to shoot. For me, as well as others, I have fun competing, but for me it is a training platform to improve my handgun/carbine skill set for my profession and personal protection benefit. PPC division in IDPA, USPSA, Steel, is excellent for this and I foresee a big increase in PPC shooters in the future. PPC, as well as carry optics division are opening the door for new products that help the industry grow, it's bring more people to the sport, especially younger people, our sport needs them to grow. It's creating positive images for the AR platform of weapons that our opponents say should be for the LE/Military only. I have seen a marked increase in competitor numbers at CORE, ERGC and MPSA. Has anyone else noticed this? our sport is growing and lets accommodate new ideas. That's my opinion and it's only worth .02 cent.... Greg Pate

Qoholeth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Maybe a solution to those wishing to shoot multiple guns and/or divisions in the same match, would be to put them on a squad of their own. They could work out the logistics without causing problems for the one gun one division folks. Everybody be happy then.

Last edited:

Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Although I've yet to field a complaint, that's a good idea, Robby.

To answer the question: Same fee for both guns. CORE is a for profit range. Also, the club has to pay USPSA for each classifier score submitted.

SC is different as no fees are paid (at this point) and overhead is much less than USPSA.

bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Although I've yet to field a complaint, that's a good idea, Robby.

To answer the question: Same fee for both guns. CORE is a for profit range. Also, the club has to pay USPSA for each classifier score submitted.

SC is different as no fees are paid (at this point) and overhead is much less than USPSA.

Ed, your answer brings up an unrelated question I had.. I will ask it here because I am sure some of you guys can answer it. Does CORE or the MD at their matches allow shooters to shoot a 2nd gun JUST for the classifier, and pay just the fee to have it submitted to USPSA? I know the club I used to shoot with in North Alabama would let shooters do that if they were trying to get classified in another division and just pay a $5 fee to have it submitted. They would also allow reshoots on the classifier (if you screwed up and just wanted to try again) for the same $5 fee. (For purposes of the match your original score was used in calculations, but your reshoot would be submitted to USPSA). I am sure that is something that is at the MDs discretion, so might have just been something that was done at that club and not common practice. Figured it cant hurt to ask.

Latest posts

Top Bottom