• 60401_up.jpg
      60401_up.jpg
      9.4 KB · Views: 169
    Last edited:

Yukon

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Losing money on this deal. Hot Water heater just died and trying not to use credit cards, and every little bit helps. I didn't purchase to sell and lose money, hoping for quck sale. But thanks for the comment.

Yukon

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Appreciate the info, I do know if you go from Gas to Electric they give you a free one. I wish..Thanks again.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If you are with EREC it is a great deal, I got mine last weekend, brand new 55 gallon Rheem in the box for free, it is like a 700 - 800 dollar item.

Yukon

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm in Santa Rosa County, Have Gulf power. Did you change from Gas to Electric to get it. And yes , is the exact unit i have. 55 g Rheem, got 17.5 years out of it. Amazing

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    No sir I didn't change anything. I saw JJs post and emailed them but no response, so I called and then went and picked it up. Gonna have a honest plumber friend put it in this weekend.

Yukon

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just called Gulf Power. Just my luck, they require the conversion from gas to electric and it's free. Not even a discount of you are doing electric to electric. Awesome it worked out for you though. And thanks for the help, your a good neighbor! Just dropped the price of my AR-15 to $700 for the gun only no optics, $100+ below my build cost, maybe i will have some luck.
    Finding an honest plumber is turning out to be a task. Had one just quote me $2200 for a water heater i can buy at Lowes for $575, I almost booted him in the ass. Its a 3- 3.5 hour job including removal of old one. Mines in the garage, easiest of all installs. (shaking head)

Gentle Wolf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just called Gulf Power. Just my luck, they require the conversion from gas to electric and it's free. Not even a discount of you are doing electric to electric. Awesome it worked out for you though. And thanks for the help, your a good neighbor! Just dropped the price of my AR-15 to $700 for the gun only no optics, $100+ below my build cost, maybe i will have some luck.
    Finding an honest plumber is turning out to be a task. Had one just quote me $2200 for a water heater i can buy at Lowes for $575, I almost booted him in the ass. Its a 3- 3.5 hour job including removal of old one. Mines in the garage, easiest of all installs. (shaking head)
    You mentioned your last water heater being pretty old. Unfortunately, in some cases new codes require the installation of an expansion tank and backflow system in addition to the water heater. Its not quite as simple as it used to be.

You may find a capable handy man who will just swap it out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Man I hear you! Was with Gulf power for a while and they seemed much more corporate and less understanding. The worst I had so far was the water company in Navarre, what a crooked syndicate. And oh my God tell me about the predatory folks who want to "save" you money on your home improvement stuff! It has taken me two years to find what I believe is an an honest plumber. He has told me horror stories of working for companies who have zero qualms about telling their staff to say whatever it takes to sell unnecessary parts, services, warranties, you name it. I am paying 600 (to include all materials) for the removal, relocation and extension of all pipes to relocate from the laundry room to the garage. I plan to add the old heater to my scarp metal run I make about once a year to try and recoup some money.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    They're pretty simple to swap out. Lowes sells flex lines if the old lines dont match up to the new one. Not sure how yours is plumbed. Electrical is a breeze its just a simple 220 line. I could walk you through it.

Top Bottom