• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think this was a good use of the law. He fired six shots into his friends car because he wanted his cell phone. He is currently facing attempted murder charges. That is more than having an attitude that is criminally dangerous.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't believe this to be the first in Florida. I think it may be the third. MSM even from Fox may have it wrong but yet again. Research for yourself..

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well look who is praising the law from Broward County. That idiot sheriff they have. Not sure if this was really an application of the new law or if it was due to his actions which resulted in his arrest. They are just using it as an example of such to mislead people into thinking the new law is "protecting" them.

Idoono

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well look who is praising the law from Broward County. That idiot sheriff they have. Not sure if this was really an application of the new law or if it was due to his actions which resulted in his arrest. They are just using it as an example of such to mislead people into thinking the new law is "protecting" them.

Idoono

They might have been able to require him to turn over his weapons as a condition of bail and later on as a condition of probation (if was somehow lucky enough to get it). This is a new tool in law enforcement's belt. I am sure it will be misused, especially in divorce situations. Also I am concerned that the next step will be gun registration because, how do we know if we have seized all of your weapons if we don't know how many weapons you own. Another issue is when law enforcement searches your house for guns and finds other evidence of a crime, you may wind up being busted for something else as well.

So the NRA is going to have to monitor how this law is being implemented and bring the necessary challenges when appropriate. But here is the real issue, every mass shooter, save for maybe the Vegas Shooter, gave off red flags of either mental illness/distress or indications that they posed a threat to others (sometimes both). It would be nice to figure out a way to get the guns out of these folks hands before they cause harm. The hard part is making sure the tool is a scalpel and not a sledge hammer, wrecking all of our rights.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's STILL Blatant GUN control.

To the supporters of these statutes, I'd challenge: why "just" the firearms?

If the person is truly a threat to self or others, why aren't other demonstrated "weapons" on that list? Let's see: motor-vehicles, knives, caustic fluids, explosives, archery equipment, hammers, nail-guns, swords, sling-shots, alcohol, any medication that can cause an overdose...

All of the above have killed people before. Why only firearms?

Answer: because it's the true target. To seize more property or imprison the person would require actual proof that would survive scrutiny. This is a convenient shortcut for the lazy/unprepared/mal-intentioned/take-your-pick.

These statutes are disguised as well-intentioned attempts to prevent crime, but they are simply a means to a very-specific end.

They are not about "public safety". They are about GUN control.

It's extremely disappointing that our elected officials think this is an acceptable piece of legislation. Sheep, or wolves in sheep's clothing: their votes count the same.

Top Bottom