• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...es-fine-violators-dollar1000-a-day/ar-AAvtO8J

Effective June 13 this town will ban virtually all modern firearms and fine anyone who does not surrender these firearms to the authorities a $1000 a day.

Here is the scariest part. They are not the first town to do this - - - successfully.

" The nearby suburb of Highland Park passed a similar ban in 2013, which was contested as unconstitutional by one of the city's residents and the Illinois State Rifle Association. Ultimately, however, the ordinance was upheld in court."

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    "The nearby suburb of Highland Park passed a similar ban in 2013, which was contested as unconstitutional by one of the city's residents and the Illinois State Rifle Association. Ultimately, however, the ordinance was upheld in court."

Unenforceable - and that court needs to be turned on end.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Stagman it ain't just the liberals going after this kind of shit. Check the R voting record for the bill that Prick Scott just passed. Both sides are trying hard to regulate and whittle away our rights. As far as the post goes, this fight is going to have to go in front of the supreme court. If only the SCOTUS would take on a gun case. Seems they're steering as clear as possible to not see these kinds of cases. I'm really wondering how these people plan on enforcing this rule. You've got me messed up if you think I'm going to let someone in my home to "check" for any illegal weapons and then try to confiscate them. If they don't plan on confiscating and only enforcing the $1000/day fine, then how do they know the owners have "illegal" weapons? Is there a gun registry in that shit hole of a state? I'm beginning to think 1984 is no longer a work of fiction.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Republicans in Florida are not conservative anymore, Florida is becoming the California of the east coast. Too many liberal outsiders have moved into Florida and screwing it up, soon packages will have warning labels stating "This product contains chemicals known the the state of California and FLORIDA to cause cancer" :lol:

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll move out of any town that pulls that crap in a town I live in. Honestly, been talking to the wife and kids about moving to the country and they're all on board. Once I stabilize my job situation I'm going to start looking for some property, wouldn't mind finding a small farm with some acreage to hunt on too with my boys.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually had a fella call to turn in a slide fire stock the other day until he was told they are not illegal YET... Just like everyone says, you give them an inch---they'll take a mile!!! Slide fire today, certain guns tomorrow!!! It's looking to be a dark future and expect unrest ifin it gets really bad!!!

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Actually had a fella call to turn in a slide fire stock the other day until he was told they are not illegal YET... Just like everyone says, you give them an inch---they'll take a mile!!! Slide fire today, certain guns tomorrow!!! It's looking to be a dark future and expect unrest ifin it gets really bad!!!

Bubba, they're ALREADY outlawing certain guns. Look at the Communist state of California, New Jersey, Maryland, Hawaii, and Massachusetts. They all have assault weapons bans. Many other states require a registry of assault weapons. There's legislation sitting on governor's desks as we speak trying to outlaw guns and accessories. They're not taking a mile, they're taking the whole damn highway. The only way to battle this is to help donate to worthy gun rights associations. National Association of Gun Rights https://www.nationalgunrights.org/ Second Amendment Foundation is a great one at representing gun owners' rights. https://www.saf.org/ Try to contribute to these or a few others instead of the NRA. The NRA doesn't do near as much for owners' rights as these 2 do. They used to be the defacto gun rights organization, but their leadership has strayed further and further from true representation. Gun Owners of America and Constitutional Rights PAC are 2 more if you don't like the others.

chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Highland Park is a magnet for almost every well to do liberal in the Chicago area. The residents, the city council and their courts hate firearms and they hate anyone who supports firearms. They are far left of Jerry Brown in California. I wish I could say I am exaggerating but I am not. It is really bad there and has been that way for the past 15 years at least.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We all need to hope that the SCOTUS will take up one of the many appeals for alleged “assult weapons ban” and rule on them once and for all. From my reading the craziness of the anti semi auto laws in Highland Park and Deerfield Illinois which fell under the 7th U.S. Circut Court of Appeals as of right now only applies to the states covered by that court...Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. Let’s all hope for some 2A sanity.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Give them an inch and they take a mile... And yet we have lots and lots of gun owners around here who are all too happy to give an inch every time the left asks for it.

Moving out of a town like that is a poor option, because where are you going to move when your next town does the same thing? And the one after that and the one after that?

Top Bottom