• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks again for putting this out there. I will be sure to comment. I encourage others to as well.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Done, hopefully it doesn’t fall on deaf ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Wishing I had bought a binary trigger while I had the money. They'll soon go way of the dodo along with all the other fun toys.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow. It's no longer open for comment. How quick was that? One day?

Screenshot_2018-03-30-16-46-45.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-30-16-46-45.jpg
      Screenshot_2018-03-30-16-46-45.jpg
      61 KB · Views: 207

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    It's been moved/renamed. Go to https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=ATF-2018-0002-0001 and click on click on Comment Now! button near upper right hand corner.

My comments may be in the area that a "bump stock" is a technique not an object. Without a person holding the firearm in the correct manner, the "bump stock" does nothing. I.e. lay a firearm so equipped on a table or sand bag rest. Attach a string to the trigger and pull. One shot and then nothing further. The "bump stock" in and of itself does not make the firearm fire more than once or initiate a sequence of firing events.

I think the error that showed when one tried to comment initially was that the comments were tied to an earlier bump stock (January?) comment period that was expired and that had gotten 116,857 previous comments. I may be wrong, but that's what I think happened. They had also stopped inquiries to the Help desk from people not being able to comment (again, my opinion) and got the no comment error corrected.

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great explanation, thank you !!

Also good explanation of a possible comment. I agree.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did my part. I'm afraid the writing is on the wall though. They will ram this through as a "compromise" to appease the Dems, for a hot minute. I hope I'm wrong though.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I did my part. I'm afraid the writing is on the wall though. They will ram this through as a "compromise" to appease the Dems, for a hot minute. I hope I'm wrong though.
    I'm afraid that will never appease the dems. One just has to look at California and see by giving an inch you will lose a mile. However, I thank you for doing your part, and I will do the same.

Last edited:

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm afraid that will never appease the dems. One just has to look at California and see by giving an inch you will lose a mile. However, I thank you for doing your part, and I will do the same.

I'm under no delusion that this will even minutely appease them. They want full confiscation and the 2A repealed. We have to keep working harder than they are to keep our rights than they are trying to take them away. It really is that simple. We must be cognizant of what's going on and being vocal about our rights. Complacency kills!!

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm under no delusion that this will even minutely appease them. They want full confiscation and the 2A repealed. We have to keep working harder than they are to keep our rights than they are trying to take them away. It really is that simple. We must be cognizant of what's going on and being vocal about our rights. Complacency kills!!

Not meant to be directed at you but my reference is to the gutless republicrat politicians. I know the "folks" will try to do the right thing - politicians, not so sure. Once again, look at Florida and what state is next? Chip, chip, chip away. :tsk:

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems to me that every Republican here in FL is really a RINO. Hard to say which state is next. Seems more are on the precipice of going blue and being pro gun control. I just don't understand how people are oblivious to the fact that they're voting to limit their personal freedom and ability to defend themselves to "feel safe". One minute they're protesting Police brutality and having too many military style guns/equipment and the next they're touting that we don't need guns because we have the Police for protection. It's moronic and short sighted. I'm getting off my soap box now. Coffee is cold and I've got honey do's and a weekend to enjoy.

Top Bottom