• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • libby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello All

I am looking for help to install new Hand guards on my AR-15 pistol and also a new buffer tube
    anyone or shops who can do this local not charge me a ton $$$

I just do not have the place for a vise and tools to do this

Thank you all

Libby

libby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the help will get back to you when the parts show up

Have any Red dots for sale or back sights

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have this Little Jack's Guns.
    I would not mind talking to someone that knows more about AR15 buffers, spacers, and wts than I do for non-5.56 calibers which in my case is very little. On some forums the business people have listed details for contact, but I have not found that here. I found your shop on google, but not the hours and such. I am in Pace so I am not too far away from you (6254 Dixie Rd). I will setting up some ARs for personal use and hopefully get it all done well before the next upcoming elections. I believe I have looked at your business address before since it is highlighted on my google page. I have found a source for buffer kits and will soon order. I bet if I took a bunch of quarters and drilled and bolted I could make my own wts. The idea is to slow an AR15 bolt down for better function. Adding tungsten wts seems like something that would do that.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My "business" is a side project. I don't do it for free but if it was meant to pay the bills, I'd be living with my parents still. As such, I'm usually "by appointment". My real job and the kids keep my schedule flexible. There's plenty of help here on the forum for that kind of stuff. Oneshot has been doing this just a bit* longer than I have and has been a wonderful resource on the forum. There are plenty of others to chime in.

Details on current setup, intended use and desired outcome would help. These things aren't complicated and for the most part, you aren't going to be the first person that's tried something with an AR. Generally, more mass in the system is going to slow it down. Heavier carrier and buffer are all you can do. Heavier springs can help but it's easy to get too much spring and end up with feeding issues. Adjustable gas systems either through the block, tube or bcg are an option as well. Something to keep in mind; when you start tuning, you're not necessarily increasing overall reliablity.

For other than 5.56, are you talking 9mm? The pistol calibers are the only time I've heard of guys using spacers/quarters in the buffer tube. With the popularity of the PCCs lately, there are better options out there. There are dedicated 9mm buffers that are longer so the spacers aren't needed. KAK has a tunable buffer. I've had some good luck with the VLTOR A5 buffers in a standard length buffer tube. They ain't cheap but I REALLY like the JP SCS setup. For blowback, heavier buffer is going to help.... to a point. But it's also dependent on what kind of ammo you're going to shoot. At the end of the day, it's probably going to be several trips to the range to ensure your setup works if you're going to get creative.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My "business" is a side project. I don't do it for free but if it was meant to pay the bills, I'd be living with my parents still. As such, I'm usually "by appointment". My real job and the kids keep my schedule flexible. There's plenty of help here on the forum for that kind of stuff. Oneshot has been doing this just a bit* longer than I have and has been a wonderful resource on the forum. There are plenty of others to chime in.

Details on current setup, intended use and desired outcome would help. These things aren't complicated and for the most part, you aren't going to be the first person that's tried something with an AR. Generally, more mass in the system is going to slow it down. Heavier carrier and buffer are all you can do. Heavier springs can help but it's easy to get too much spring and end up with feeding issues. Adjustable gas systems either through the block, tube or bcg are an option as well. Something to keep in mind; when you start tuning, you're not necessarily increasing overall reliablity.

For other than 5.56, are you talking 9mm? The pistol calibers are the only time I've heard of guys using spacers/quarters in the buffer tube. With the popularity of the PCCs lately, there are better options out there. There are dedicated 9mm buffers that are longer so the spacers aren't needed. KAK has a tunable buffer. I've had some good luck with the VLTOR A5 buffers in a standard length buffer tube. They ain't cheap but I REALLY like the JP SCS setup. For blowback, heavier buffer is going to help.... to a point. But it's also dependent on what kind of ammo you're going to shoot. At the end of the day, it's probably going to be several trips to the range to ensure your setup works if you're going to get creative.
    I do not like to give too many details on the net on some weapons, but it is not 9mm. I found KAK. I am really an AK person and so I am learning.
    Lately I have been very busy planting more fruit trees and bush hogging land. Once that is done I will get back to the ARs.
    Very useful information and I understand your situation.
    I have saved this this information and the products that you listed I will look into.
    thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom