• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trump orders DOJ to issue rule banning bump stocks

President Trump on Friday announced that the Department of Justice (DOJ) would issue a new rule banning bump stocks.

In a tweet, Trump announced that he was directing DOJ to reverse a 2010 decision by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) that classified bump stocks as firearm parts so the devices could be banned under current laws that prohibit owning fully automatic weapons.

Trump blamed the legalization of bump stocks on the Obama administration.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Why the heck can't they leave law abiding citizens alone? Of course we know what the goal is....

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I hate to think, let alone say it, but they will try to come for holders of NFA items next...

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The proposed bump stock ban would defy the conclusion of Justice Department officials who have said that they could not, under existing law, stop the sales of bump stocks, accessories that allow semiautomatic guns to mimic automatic fire, and that congressional action was needed to ban them. But Mr. Sessions said the department had worked around those concerns.

Huh. I wonder what other laws can be simply "worked around". I never knew that's how laws worked. Makes things simpler I guess.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The proposed bump stock ban would defy the conclusion of Justice Department officials who have said that they could not, under existing law, stop the sales of bump stocks, accessories that allow semiautomatic guns to mimic automatic fire, and that congressional action was needed to ban them. But Mr. Sessions said the department had worked around those concerns.

Huh. I wonder what other laws can be simply "worked around". I never knew that's how laws worked. Makes things simpler I guess.
    You just have to get on board. I've already decided to "work around" any new laws I don't like or agree with.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By working around the A.T.F.’s earlier interpretation, the Justice Department essentially said that the statute had not changed, but that it could now be read in a different way.

The proposal would force bump stock owners to surrender or destroy them the day the rule would go into effect.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    By working around the A.T.F.’s earlier interpretation, the Justice Department essentially said that the statute had not changed, but that it could now be read in a different way.

The proposal would force bump stock owners to surrender or destroy them the day the rule would go into effect.

By work around I mean ignore.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You just have to get on board. I've already decided to "work around" any new laws I don't like or agree with.

Yea, I guess so...... I'm glad we now have legal precedence for this "working around" business.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    By work around I mean ignore.

by the power of my, and others interpretation of the constitution and bill of rights, I have a duty not to follow, thereby nullifying it, it is as it does not exist, any law passed ,if I see it to be against those documents...

so it is written, so shall it be.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Goes to show Sessions is an asshole and Trump is a friggin idiot. At least he is still better than Hitlery.....but not by much. Dear God, PLEASE let one of the parties put up a reasonable candidate next election cycle or else it the Marijuana guy for me.

Idoono

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds great, until the ATF fumbles a raid and the FBI burns your house to the foundation.
    Well, I won't need it after they fumble the raid so that's kind of pointless.
    Or I guess I could just live in fear on my knees begging permission to live.......

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hey don't be pissed at me, I didn't vote for trump in the primary or the general elections.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey don't be pissed at me, I didn't vote for trump in the primary or the general elections.
    Not pissed at anyone. Not even Trump. I simply don't give a hoot. I'll sit over here and let the morons do battle.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks to me like Trump wants to be a one term president. He's pissing off a huge chunk of the population that voted for him. Not to mention what he's doing for midterm elections. I'm honestly shocked and feel as though I should have seen this coming.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why the heck can't they leave law abiding citizens alone? Of course we know what the goal is....

Because Trump is a democrat in republican clothes. I wanted to believe in him, had to vote for him over Clinton, but am willing to freely admit I allowed myself to be BS'ed in hope of a better America. I accept full responsibility for my vote. It ain't gonna happen again.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

They can work around any law they want Bro, 'cause they own and operate the law machine of this country. Trump is systematically surrounding himself with yes-men to keep it going. About the only thing I see slowing this gun-grab down is him tweeting us into another conflict that his and other poltician's kids will be exempt from fighting in. Or maybe another market crash.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Goes to show Sessions is an asshole and Trump is a friggin idiot. At least he is still better than Hitlery.....but not by much. Dear God, PLEASE let one of the parties put up a reasonable candidate next election cycle or else it the Marijuana guy for me.

Idoono

Ya know, I never did like Sessions and I always expected his silence and inaction on the obvious Clinton crimes was because someone had some serious dirt/evidence on him. Looks like now it's being used to influence his actions/decisions.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They can work around any law they want Bro, 'cause they own and operate the law machine of this country. Trump is systematically surrounding himself with yes-men to keep it going. About the only thing I see slowing this gun-grab down is him tweeting us into another conflict that his and other poltician's kids will be exempt from fighting in. Or maybe another market crash.

Well with John Bolton being the new National Security Adviser, you can just about count on a war, in short order. If there's anything that guy has a strong belief in, it's war.

Anyone that's on active duty service should start getting their affairs in order.

I'm glad that I've already done my time.

Top Bottom