• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The real reason Jeep is about to get banned is his beard. It is an object of jealousy by all who see it. Even Chuck Norris wishes he had a beard like Jeep's

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Full 30 needs to get funded, you have to be invited to upload there, they are not the answer..But Primary Arm locked their account to see what to do, told them companies need to start a Utube site for free people

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I didn't realize that. Wonder what the reasoning for that is.

Yep, none of the current channels there interest me and I can't upload any videos without an invite (which I won't get, because my channel is too small). I'm guessing here, but it may have to do with the cost of bandwidth.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Some of my videos will probably still be allowed, like the match videos, but my guess is that a lot of my how-to and reloading videos will be deleted once they finally get around to reviewing my channel for re-monetization.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hitler censorship is creeping in, they are using the frog in the pot method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a private company that's choosing to allow and disallow certain things. It's their prerogative (I had no idea there was an "r" after the "p" in that word, but spellcheck just told me so). We just need someone else to come along that allows all gun videos.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reddit also closed some gun related subreddits yesterday, the biggest one was probably their r/gundeals. God damn that is sad news.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Reddit also closed some gun related subreddits yesterday, the biggest one was probably their r/gundeals. God damn that is sad news.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Yep, and r/gunsforsale, beer, scotch, and cigar trading subreddits also. The r/guns Discord server has a marketplace channel that will hopefully replace r/gunsforsale and r/gundeals, at least.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's a private company that's choosing to allow and disallow certain things. It's their prerogative (I had no idea there was an "r" after the "p" in that word, but spellcheck just told me so). We just need someone else to come along that allows all gun videos.

I understand it's a private company but this is the slippery slope where it's starts. They are social engineering the public to accept censorship before they drop the hammer on us.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think these new rules, while stupid, should drastically affect someone like Jeep who is primarily dealing with non NFA items.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Hold on for a second....wasn't that baker of wedding cakes fined for not making a cake for a same sex couple...yet youLube as a "private company" can selectively choose what it wants for content on its website...? I'm confused....

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hold on for a second....wasn't that baker of wedding cakes fined for not making a cake for a same sex couple...yet youLube as a "private company" can selectively choose what it wants for content on its website...? I'm confused....

The issue has more to do with who you are discriminating against. Discrimination against folks because of race, sex, sexual orientation (there are other similar classes) is not permitted as these individuals are deemed to be protected classes. The prohibition against discrimination extends to private businesses who offer their services to the public. For example if I owned a bar here in Florida, I could not have a sign out front that said "no gays allowed" Homosexuals are a protected class. Ditto on blacks etc . . . But I could have a sign up that said "No Auburn fans allowed". Fans of particular sport's teams are not a protected class.

Gun owners are not deemed to be a protected class - in part because collectively, we have such a strong political voice. Therefore, Youtube can single them out for this type of treatment.

Edited to clear something up Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 -- the federal law which prohibits discrimination by private businesses which are places of public accommodation -- only prevents businesses from refusing service based on race, color, religion, or national origin. Some twenty states have passes laws prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation. The state of Florida does not have law protecting gays but most counties and cities in this state do.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom