• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • logue70

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the title pretty much covers it, but.. I collect milsurp and I really looking to get my hands on something like a Thompson (prefer M1 or M1A1), MP40, Sten, Lewis, Lancaster, M14, MG34 or 42, M3, etc.. you get the idea. Anyone in the area selling or know of a place to start looking? Not interested in auctions because of the 20+% premiums. Thanks.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Larry at Ammunition Sales in Pensacola deals in NFA stuff regularly. I'm not sure if his website is currently up to date, but he used to update it regularly with what he has in stock: http://submachinegun.net/

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ugh.. I forgot about sale tax.. yuck.

Yeah, there's that. But you really want to find one in the same state you live in because IIRC if the dealer is in another state they have to file an additional form to transfer the gun to a dealer in Florida and then the dealer in Florida will transfer it to you so two forms will need to be filed instead of one and it will take that much longer for you to eventually get the gun.

logue70

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, there's that. But you really want to find one in the same state you live in because IIRC if the dealer is in another state they have to file an additional form to transfer the gun to a dealer in Florida and then the dealer in Florida will transfer it to you so two forms will need to be filed instead of one and it will take that much longer for you to eventually get the gun.

And honestly if I'm going to drop that much on an NFA firearm... who cares about a few extra $$$$$ lol :)

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And honestly if I'm going to drop that much on an NFA firearm... who cares about a few extra $$$$$ lol :)

It's not just about the money... I passed on another machine gun from a friend out of state because having to do 2 form 4's. Yea so what another $200 for something that may cost 3k to 20K but it's the added time to wait for two form 4's. It's bad enough waiting for one. Ha ha.

Now maybe if the NFA ATF get the waits down to 90 days. It's on!!!

So if this dumb A$#@ State Florida passes this ban on high cap mags and all does this count for NFA stuff too???

Man it's looking like I am gonna drag the wife and I to TX more and more. Or some other state with no income tax and less gun laws. Florida use to be a good place to live it's becoming the commie CA now.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    NFA toys are all about patience. don't let waiting a couple of extra months prevent you from getting the gun you want. the trick is to buy something every 6 months or so and then after awhile they're coming regularly.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/

https://www.machineguncentral.com/default.aspx

I understand that but two form 4's would probably take 6 to 8 month each for out of state... They do one at a time correct?

I am talking to two different people that have Transferable HK sears with a host I am probably gonna get. I want my MP5's full auto and the HK MP5 SD I'm waiting on the forms to clear is full auto ready!!!

3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i'm sure nate at little jack's can do a better job of answering your questions. but, the transfer from the seller to your class 3 dealer should take much less time. all the background checks etc have already been done. the wait really begins when you and/or the dealer start the transfer process from him to you. that is, your form 4.
    here's a site that does a good job of explaining the process.
    http://www.guntrustlawyer.net/chapter-9-transfers-nfa-firearms/basic-mechanics-nfa-transfers

here's a good site for estimating wait times. looks like the guy that started it sold out to the silencer shop. http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/

3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    btw, you might want to determine if that auto sear is "married" to a receiver. this seems to be kind of a gray area with some saying they can be separated and some that they can not be. to my mind it kind of defeats the purpose of having a rdias or LL.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    btw, you might want to determine if that auto sear is "married" to a receiver. this seems to be kind of a gray area with some saying they can be separated and some that they can not be. to my mind it kind of defeats the purpose of having a rdias or LL.

Yep done all that research already...One reason I am being very picky to what I get!!! Would like to find a FA trigger pack but there are not to many out there for sale.

And yes if you buy from another SOT dealer or Class 2 Manufacturer FFL dealer the first transfer is in weeks electronic and then you do the form 4 from your dealer to yourself. I have done this a few times already. I also bought machine guns local and done the transfer just between us which is the ideal thing to do when you are in the same state.

Top Bottom