• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    i KNOW WE HAVE AIR RIFLE aficionados HERE AND SOME PCP EXPERTS. surely someone HAS A BEGINNER PCP .177 WOULD BE OK BUT A .22 WOULD BE NICE and the expertise to help. My break barrel is very loud so am looking for a quieter gun and thought this was the way to go. I have things to trade or cash so name your deal and lets see what we can do. Maybe I can work my way up to an even better gun later.

I already have 4 or more guns to sight in what is another one, at least I can do this in my yard. Thanks

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am teaching my 10 year old grandson to shoot with a single stroke, and he has trouble cocking it. Too much trouble to take him to a match. I mentioned this to his mother, and she said "Just buy him a scuba gun" (meaning PCP). I guess I looked at her a little wild eyed, because a "beginner" PCP costs, like $600, plus, you have to buy stuff to charge it with. You can price them here: https://www.pyramydair.com/.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am teaching my 10 year old grandson to shoot with a single stroke, and he has trouble cocking it. Too much trouble to take him to a match. I mentioned this to his mother, and she said "Just buy him a scuba gun" (meaning PCP). I guess I looked at her a little wild eyed, because a "beginner" PCP costs, like $600, plus, you have to buy stuff to charge it with. You can price them here: https://www.pyramydair.com/.

OK yeah $600 that is not gonna happen here...lol I assume she did not know that either...

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    What about a bolt action 22 with with CCI Quiet 22 ammo that runs at about 900 ft to Second it's quiet enough for backyard plinking and is slower than most single stroke pellet guns that I've seen

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK yeah $600 that is not gonna happen here...lol I assume she did not know that either...

When she was a kid, she had a CO2 pistol, a single stroke pistol, and a single stroke rifle. So she knows there are options--but I don't think she ever had a reason to price a PCP.

She showed up to pick up the grandson a couple of weeks ago while I was still working with him, and took two shots with his iron sights rifle from standing at the 10m ISU target. (I had just done a trigger job on it--wanted her to try it) The first was a 6 at about 7 o'clock. The second was a 10. I never worked with her much on rifle. Mostly kept her supplied with pellets and targets.

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an old Remington autoloading .22 short gallery rifle. It will cycle with CB caps. Very quiet but not as accurate as I'd like. Domino sized groups at 50 feet from standing. Trying it with match grade .22 short is on the to-do list. A .22 pump that with functions with short, long, and long rifle might work for you.

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks those are pretty interesting and good reviews. I have found a .177second hand all but new but may go into the .22 also. I would like to find one hog worthy just for fun! Have you found some that are quite or do you have to suppress them?

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I like his reviews.. some of them are big boy guns.. .357 and 45 cal throwing out 300+ grains of lead and some are very quiet

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have watched some videos of hogs being taken with as low as .22 cal airgun.. and up to the big boy rifles personally I would probably want a .25 at a minimum (at least for hog)

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here's a great entry level pcp with pump for under $270. Don't think you can do much better than that.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Benjamin...Air-Rifles-Kit-22-Cal-with-Hand-Pump/49772627

With that one to be back yard friendly you will need a good suppressor to go with.

Here one at these two places. I have custom ones from both they are great guys and do awesome work.

http://petersoncorner.com/clague/products.htm

http://www.tko22.com/

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom