• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I remember getting beaten when I was a kid and being taught to respect people and property... or else the beatings continue. I'm a better man for it now and every time I go to Wal-Mart and see the child disrespecting their mother I would like to beat the parent. Funny how things change

pawpaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those espousing to simply MOVE, I have a question: Move WHERE that this tide sweeping the country cannot eventually follow? I imagine that moving out of state is quite the life-changing event for many who've spent lives getting here. I'm old & lazy, for example- It's far easier to stand & fight through pro-active means. Politically if possible, all the way to the limits of why the founders worded our constitution the way they did. Any thoughts on where one might move otherwise?

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Alabama! or Tennessee!!

Alabama charges state income tax no way would I move there. That would cost me way too much money...

As for moving to another state ya that would be a life changing event but I would do it if I had too. I pondered on it way before this shit started.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Alabama charges state income tax no way would I move there. That would cost me way too much money...

As for moving to another state ya that would be a life changing event but I would do it if I had too. I pondered on it way before this shit started.

only about 7 states do not have income tax

nitro

Tired and retired.
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Alabama doesn't charge that much in state taxes. Property taxes, gasoline, and other things make up the difference. And Tennessee is beautiful, has no state taxes, does have a very high sales tax (9 3/4%). Especially Nashville to the Carolina border. I also own some land in the mountains there, so I might be biased.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A very potent comment copied from a video shown on the Military Arms Channel

By Stiaan de Jager

"I refer you to my comment on macs 1st video... let this be a warning to all my gun loving friends in the USA ...I am an Afrikaner... In my country we have been systematically disarmed. We are only allowed ONE firearm for self defense... (1 Pistol or 1 revolver or 1 pump action shotgun). You have to reapply for your license every 5 years. If you have a firearms license, police have the right to search your house without a warrant at anytime. You are only allowed to have 200 rounds of ammo. Now the South African government wants to take our property without compensation they are calling it, expropriation without compensation. They are changing our constitution to do this. Our lives and livelihood is being threatened by this... Don't let this happen to you... that's why you have a 2A . My suggestion is join every gun association you can, if possible all of them, the more people you have fighting for your rights the better, for the day you have to defend what is yours..?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRAHNjhsZjc

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yep

Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, Wyoming, New Hampshire and Tennessee

and at least 3 of them, you will freeze your butt off in winter..

I have been in wy at -35, plus wind, ..it was not fun, although, it is the 49th least populated state, with game to shoot...

pawpaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Alabama doesn't charge that much in state taxes. Property taxes, gasoline, and other things make up the difference. And Tennessee is beautiful, has no state taxes, does have a very high sales tax (9 3/4%). Especially Nashville to the Carolina border. I also own some land in the mountains there, so I might be biased.

I posed the "move WHERE?' question within this thread. I now see from the responses that moving would entail real research into all these factors when choosing a state, and others not even mentioned yet. Unless it's changed, Tn. even charges 9.3/4 on food. Reckon I'll start resisting by taking the advice of the previous poster- Joining all the 2A groups I haven't yet.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it gets unbearable in Fl, I'll bugout back to Idaho, right across the Snake River from Oregon. I'm not worried about taxes. Still gun friendly and expanding firearms owners rights/laws last I checked. A lot of untouched wild and isolated wilderness in the Sawtooth (hunted some of it), easy to go off the grid if it goes to Hell from there. It can be cold but there is geo thermal hot springs and fresh water in most of it. I like the area around Red Lodge, Montana too. I'm old, sliding into the cantankerous mode and I might just stick around for the hell of it.

Anyone that has done a few military PCS moves, knows how to get rid of the nonessentials, pack the gotta have stuff, load and roll! I'd leave this place furnished and turn it over to a property management firm as a rental, sell later if it doesn't make money.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone that has done a few military PCS moves, knows how to get rid of the nonessentials, pack the gotta have stuff, load and roll! I'd leave this place furnished and turn it over to a property management firm as a rental, sell later if it doesn't make money.

Been there and done that.... My thoughts exactly!!!

I think the Property Management firms get around 10% not bad for them to do all the work.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A very potent comment copied from a video shown on the Military Arms Channel

By Stiaan de Jager

"I refer you to my comment on macs 1st video... let this be a warning to all my gun loving friends in the USA ...I am an Afrikaner... In my country we have been systematically disarmed. We are only allowed ONE firearm for self defense... (1 Pistol or 1 revolver or 1 pump action shotgun). You have to reapply for your license every 5 years. If you have a firearms license, police have the right to search your house without a warrant at anytime. You are only allowed to have 200 rounds of ammo. Now the South African government wants to take our property without compensation they are calling it, expropriation without compensation. They are changing our constitution to do this. Our lives and livelihood is being threatened by this... Don't let this happen to you... that's why you have a 2A . My suggestion is join every gun association you can, if possible all of them, the more people you have fighting for your rights the better, for the day you have to defend what is yours..?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRAHNjhsZjc

Amen Brother. This is exactly where it's headed if we don't stop it.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My family has been planning a move to Tennessee for years. Thought I'd wait until retirement to move there, but looks like time to start re-writing plans. I've moved several times and am already looking through things I'd rather sell or otherwise get rid of rather than drag it with me; already lightening the load.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t know that we can stop it, but we can slow it down. Each generation cares less than the one before it about the 2A. At some point the snowflakes and me now generation will be in charge.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Same here. I grew up in north west PA and like others have stated, would pack our shotguns in my buddies car, leave it in the school parking lot and go duck hunting right after school. Sometimes load up our 22 rifles and handguns in his car and go shoot rats down at the city dump. In fact, I bought my first 22 pistol from another student right in the parking lot. Funny thing back then, we never heard of school shootings. Yep, there were fights and maybe a little bullying but as far as I knew, no one ever threatened another student with a firearm. Of course, this all happened in the late 50s and early 60s. BTW, back then as I recall, there was no difference between Republicans and Democrats when it came to gun ownership. That still may be the case in most of PA, with the exception of Philly and Pittsburgh.

I was south of you, but made my way to Marienville for deer season. Yep, life was pretty much the same for me, and that was the seventies and early eighties. Been back now and then, and yeah, the cities are just gone full-up liberal. Things are still OK out in the country. My kids love the place and want to move there, but they don't have the before and after reference that I do.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AMEN! I was really worried about this sneaky, back door, hush-hush anti gun push. We didn't get much of a heads up or time to respond. Looks like there is still good people making correct decisions.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t know that we can stop it, but we can slow it down. Each generation cares less than the one before it about the 2A. At some point the snowflakes and me now generation will be in charge.

I hear ya. I'm old enough that I would probably benefit by voting democrat, but I'm just not wired that way. You are exactly right about the majority of the younger generation and their views. Problem is, it's us that are raising them that way. I have two kids that think/believe like we do, but they are an oddity in their generation. There's hope, but I don't envy the fight they face against there own generation based on what I've experienced with my own caving to the left and cowering every time they screech their demands.

Top Bottom